Exhaust Installs at Nationals - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 12:17 PM

OK Jeff you have gotten enough praise now get back to work making some new stuff for our cars! Like the very special secret project known only as the Lil Goat kit!

Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol-Candy View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Rumble...Rumble...here comes Sol-Candy...driving Miss Daisy!!! That's my new baby's name!!!
Good car name.

2008 Solstice GXP Roadster
I've been humped

Kappasphere AX wheels
DDMWorks extreme backbone
GMPP Stage 2
Splash Guards
Black bezel headlamps

23,777 fun miles

You don't need a trunk to haul ass...

Official car of SCCA Touring 2 Champion Don Knowles.
post #63 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Founding Member

I had the pleasure of having the first street-race system installed in Nashville, and all I can say is WOW!!!! I really love this system. Jeff, Bob, Eric and Ray did a super job, and the performance and sound is more than I expected. What can we expect Solo to bring out next? Thanks Solo.
Rogobuck

NASSOA Founding Member #80
First 1000 - Deep with Steel/Sand - VIN #366 - Delivered 9/21/05
GM Catback & CAI - 6/20/06
Traded in on new GXP - 1/2/07
Pure GXP with Automatic ordered 10/19/06 - Took delivery on 1/2/07
Solo Street Race exhaust system installed at Nashville, 6/22/07
Carolina Custom Door Pockets
JPM Console and Door Arm Rest Pads
Wind Restrictor windscreen
Debadged and Stripes Added
ASAP Back-up Light Covers
ASAP Seatbelt Light Cover
post #64 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Hi Rogobuck. Glad you're happy with the system. We are working on a few projects right now. All of them should be available within around 2-3 months. A GXP rear center dual kit that will have a noise level somewhere between the Mach and Street Race sound. It's the same muffler as the Mach but it's 3" shorter and therefore a bit noisier. We just received our first samples and will be prototyping and testing soon. Also we have our first factory sample pipe for a single exhaust for the N/A. This is a no droan single exhaust and you don't have to change the valence. We are also working on a 304 stainless steel header for the NA. Also we have our frustrating project of getting the engine light to stay off with our GXP cat. Shabby's car should be available soon to do some further tests. I took a look at a request from a forum member who will remain nameless and I think we will proceed with " the little goat kit." I just have to check with my supplier about a few things. We will keep you posted as these items come closer to the finished product stage. Thanks for the interest and support.
post #65 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 10:07 PM

Congratulations to everyone who got new exhausts at Nat's!!

Jeff - Bob - Eric - Ray,

I have to share how awesome these guys are!! I bought a competitors exhaust and had it installed before SOLOs came available. On the way to Nat's I developed a bad vibration noise that was drivin my wife nuts!! So I decided to throw myself at their mercy and asked the SOLO guys if they would be kind enough to look at it.

Well, not only did they look, they FIXED it! And they adjusted the back end because it was misaligned too! And what did they charge me for this?? NOTHING! They wouldn't take a penny so I made a donation to their beer fund!

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!! You guys Rocked The House!!

Ernie Guzman Pontiac in Houston are liars and profiteers!!

Power Train Mods Are Done!!! Dejon CAI, Dejon IC Pipes, EDAL, Magnaflow 3" cat-back
Misc. Mods: WindRestrictor 2, stubby, de-badged, engine cover painted, garage door opener, headlights smoked, egg yolks gone, Garmin Nuvi 660, custom trailer hitch, upolstering
To Do: Calipers painted, Back mud flaps, ECM tune? Boost Controller?
post #66 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Founding Member

Same experience here! SOLO fixed brentil's exhaust pipe alignment and when 1KulSol had that awesome SQR1 w/center duals installed on his N/A, he generously gave me his Kappasphere which the guys installed on my car for free. I was completely blown away! Nobody would take my money so I was forced to leave a couple of calendars with them. (You guys are definately a class act!) Big, big thanks to Mike & SOLO!

Amelia Clunkenquiet - She's cool and she made history.
My 2006 All American, Coast 2 Coast, Rt. 66 pics. 22 states, 9,000 miles in 4 weeks roadtrip.
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...ad-trip-20928/
Founder MASC/MASSC
Founder - KAPPAS for the Cause http://www.sollivision.com
Contact [email protected] for info on MASC/MASSC.

2014 NASSM in the POCONOS!
post #67 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 AM

How Kul is that,theres a lot of nice Sol people around.

Envious,Sand/Steel,LSD,ABS,A/C,Premium Package,Power Package, Convenience Package,MP3,Floor Mats,Roof Liner,Painted Wheels
Werks Turbo Stage II,Werks high flow cat,AEM Meth /Water injection,AEM gauges, Magnaflow duels,DDM pro beam, DDM induction piping and tune.313 RWHP,351 WTQ

I Am What I Am And Thats All I Am
It's not easy being green
Lead,Follow,or Get over.
post #68 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 05:46 AM

Jeff and his crew are the bomb. Seems like very few businesses these days understand the meaning of customer service. I had the good fortune to meet Jeff, Bob, and I believe it was (EDIT) Eric that actually worked on my car when we put in the SQR-2 and dyno tested the 304 stainless header prototype. These guys rock .

Jeff, any word on that header becoming available? Curious mind and all ...

Current: '11 Challenger SRT 392, 6spd manual, B+G tune, WE sequential taillights.

Sold: 07 Solstice, black, 5spd manual, convenience, preferred, and premium packages, LSD, Monsoon, XM, A/C, ABS, chrome wheels.
Mods: DDM Stage II SC, Probeam, Race Backbone. Solo SQR-2 catback. Norm's first Solstice rear fascia. JPM center console. DashHawk.

Last edited by RevmanII; 08-07-2007 at 11:14 AM.
post #69 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Hi Revman. (Check your PM) Our redesigned version should be shipped to us within about 10 days. We're hoping the dyno results are better than the 4hp that the first design gave. A 6+ gain would be great. We're looking forward to ordering our first 50 units as soon as it's appropriate. A header pre-sale will hopefully be coming soon. Thanks!!
post #70 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 04:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 1KULSOL
SOLO pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO View Post
Hi Revman. (Check your PM) Our redesigned version should be shipped to us within about 10 days. We're hoping the dyno results are better than the 4hp that the first design gave. A 6+ gain would be great. We're looking forward to ordering our first 50 units as soon as it's appropriate. A header pre-sale will hopefully be coming soon. Thanks!!
some more pics

1KULSOL with the SQR1 and Norms valence

1KULSOL before the SQR1 was installed

this was the 1st install by SOLO

SOLO Goodies

More SOLO goodies
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Location: Murrells Inlet, SC "A quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem"
Hi everyone,
I got a street race for my GXP in Nashville, really love it but the quiet retirement community where I live doesn't seem to appreciate it. Anyway if anyone has a Solo Mach for a GXP and would like to trade the lower ends of the exhaust for my two week old street race, please let me know.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.
post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey Mike that's 1kulsol - looking good! Jwally please check your PM. Once again thanks for all your support. It was lots of fun in Nashville.
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwally View Post
Hi everyone,
I got a street race for my GXP in Nashville, really love it but the quiet retirement community where I live doesn't seem to appreciate it. Anyway if anyone has a Solo Mach for a GXP and would like to trade the lower ends of the exhaust for my two week old street race, please let me know.

I have had the street race for a while now and either I am getting used to it or it is "softening" a bit. It seems to be smoother and a little quieter as the ECM adjusts. Now the ECM is being reprogramed lets see what that does. Exhaust from a Can A Da and retune from a Can A Da do I see a pattern here. I am going to have to play Oh Canada every time I drive my car.

Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 04:32 PM

Sol-Candy's Street Racer Report.......

It's funny to read the previous thread because I wanted to report that I also got the street racer installed at Nationals and at first I thought it was a little loud when starting the car cold but now the sound has leveled out and I am actually enjoying the *ell out of it....

Combine the Street Racer Exhaust with the GXP and you've got FUN.... I drove my friend down to Charleston this weekend and beside making her hold on for dear life...I think she enjoyed it. She said to me "You have FUN with this car"....she is a much more timid driver with her Honda 2000s..... but I showed her what a turbo can do for you..... No tickets...thank goodness because the highway was full of the SHP.....

Sol-Candy's Street Racer Report.......

Sol-Candy........ Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P. Jones

Last edited by Sol-Candy; 07-08-2007 at 04:39 PM.
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys and ladies. One other reason the system "softens" over time is because of the carbon build up on the inside of the pipes. This sooty layer acts like an insulator and deadens the noise some. Typically a system will get slightly quieter bit by bit for up to 3-4 months as the soot blankets the pipe and thickens. Like a fine wine it gets a little better with age. Lol. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying the system. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: