GXP RCD - Exhaust Kit- Solo Performance - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:14 PM

Wow, looking good
I hope that my rear valence goes on just as easy as yours sounded it did.
I am still waiting for valence.
Had my exhaust put on in Nashville. Great sound and really turns heads.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone.
Ronald Reagan

MODS:
SoloPerformance [email protected] Dual Twin Exhaust
Rear painted valence (Agressive)
Real wood dash kit
Front and rear paint matched mudflaps
Rear spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to spiky3480
Yea I was surprised at how easy it was to get off and then to install. I thought it would be harder from what people told me.

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Supporting Member of Solstice Forum

Exhaust Sound Clips
Camaro and G8 Solo Exhaust Sound Clips
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Oh my god! Ok, now I'm really jealous! I really really want one of these. Absolutely amazing looking! I hope the deep blue valence matches as nicely as the black one does for your car.

Brendan

Deep Blue GXP, Automatic, OnStar, A/C, Leather interior with white stitching, 18" Chrome wheels
MODS: Dejon CAI, Dejon IC pipes (deep), stubby antenna, Westers Garage GXP Hot tune, Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, Performance Auto Werks drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Hi Spiky. Your car looks fantastic. We're so glad that the install went well. Good job doing it yourself. We'll put you to work at the next Nationals!! We'll have more of these kits shipped out mid next week. We wanted to get some feedback ( other than ours ) before we made too many. If you have some time soon a sound clip would be great. Thanks. Sorry for the delay Bye Bye the valence is almost there. Glad to hear your liking the system.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 07:52 AM

Videos Added

Videos (3) added in post #14. Enjoy.

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Exhaust Sound Clips
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to jag767 Send a message via MSN to jag767
hey is there any way you guys could make this center system with no muffler like the street race? i really want the car to be as loud as possible and if that was doable id definitly order one
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO View Post
Hi Spiky. Your car looks fantastic. We're so glad that the install went well. Good job doing it yourself. We'll put you to work at the next Nationals!! We'll have more of these kits shipped out mid next week. We wanted to get some feedback ( other than ours ) before we made too many. If you have some time soon a sound clip would be great. Thanks. Sorry for the delay Bye Bye the valence is almost there. Glad to hear your liking the system.

Ohhhhhh, am so looking forward to it. Can't find diapers big enough to cover her bare butt Should be an eye full watching me climb under the car to attach.
Should be interesting. I bought it, hubby says I have to install it.
Maybe I should put some flip-flops on and take a picture to compete with Sol-Candy.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone.
Ronald Reagan

MODS:
SoloPerformance [email protected] Dual Twin Exhaust
Rear painted valence (Agressive)
Real wood dash kit
Front and rear paint matched mudflaps
Rear spoiler
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyebaby View Post
Ohhhhhh, am so looking forward to it. Can't find diapers big enough to cover her bare butt Should be an eye full watching me climb under the car to attach.
Should be interesting. I bought it, hubby says I have to install it.
Maybe I should put some flip-flops on and take a picture to compete with Sol-Candy.
Definitely take pictures of that!!! You're gonna love the system. It sounds as good as it looks.

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Exhaust Sound Clips
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Hi Spiky thanks for the videos and sound clips. Your car sounds as good as it looks!! We appreciate the time you took to do this. Jag767 we could do the GXP-RCD with no muffler. That would probably be a tiny bit louder than the Street Race but very similar. The cost would be $799 including the rear painted valence. OH NO ANOTHER KIT!! If your looking for sound this is a great idea. Jag please give me a call or a PM if you're interested there is a few things I'd like to run by you. Thanks.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO View Post
Hi Spiky thanks for the videos and sound clips. Your car sounds as good as it looks!! We appreciate the time you took to do this. Jag767 we could do the GXP-RCD with no muffler. That would probably be a tiny bit louder than the Street Race but very similar. The cost would be $799 including the rear painted valence. OH NO ANOTHER KIT!! If your looking for sound this is a great idea. Jag please give me a call or a PM if you're interested there is a few things I'd like to run by you. Thanks.
No problem Jeff. I will always take the time to help out a vendor who takes the time to work with its customers extensively. It really shows that you care just as much about your product as you do with us being happy with it. I have gone through many exhausts with you looking for the perfect sound and look for my taste. You and I are both the same being picky and wanting it perfect. The RCD system is perfect for me and you have been nothing but supportive.

If anyone has any questions about the MACH, STREET RACE, or RCD setup...don't hesitate to ask as I have had all of them on my car and can tell you about each.

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Exhaust Sound Clips
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 PM

i ordered the rcd with no muffler today, cannot wait to get it once its here ill be sure ot put up sound clips and pics for everyone.... hopefully wont be too long
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 PM

How long does it take to receive once ordered? I live in Calgary, so I suspect the shipping times won't be that bad as it doesn't have to cross the border.

Brendan

Deep Blue GXP, Automatic, OnStar, A/C, Leather interior with white stitching, 18" Chrome wheels
MODS: Dejon CAI, Dejon IC pipes (deep), stubby antenna, Westers Garage GXP Hot tune, Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, Performance Auto Werks drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendand View Post
How long does it take to receive once ordered? I live in Calgary, so I suspect the shipping times won't be that bad as it doesn't have to cross the border.
I'll be honest when I say that I had mine in 2 days and i live in NY.

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Exhaust Sound Clips
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:26 PM

Ordered today

Well, I ordered my GXP RCD today with a deep blue rear valence! It's going to be awesome! I'm looking forward to getting it installed.

Brendan

post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 PM

so heres a few sound clips of the rcd for the gxp with NO MUFFLER. i didnt bother to take any pictures becuase it looks the same as spiky's just with no little silver box behind the tips. the first video is cold start idle, warmed up idle, and revs. the second is just so spirited driving, and the third is ripping through a couple of gears. notice the chirp between 2nd and 3rd, which i couldnt do before i put the exhaust on. im going to post up a couple more later with a powershift run, and a downshift punching through the gears later.

on a personal note this kit sounds/looks amazing and was well worth every penny. i was afraid it was goin to be too uncontrolled sounding but it really is just where i want it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: