GXP RCD - Exhaust Kit- Solo Performance - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Hi Jag. Thanks so much for the sound clips. You have the one and only GXP-RCD with no muffler. How did it fit? Does it sound exactly like the Street Race or a bit louder? The clips sound about the same as the Street Race. The first sound clip captures how the blatty sound levels out and mellows after a minute or so. Thanks Norm for getting the valence out so quickly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to jag767 Send a message via MSN to jag767
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO View Post
Hi Jag. Thanks so much for the sound clips. You have the one and only GXP-RCD with no muffler. How did it fit? Does it sound exactly like the Street Race or a bit louder? The clips sound about the same as the Street Race. The first sound clip captures how the blatty sound levels out and mellows after a minute or so. Thanks Norm for getting the valence out so quickly!
well its definitly a bit louder than the street race, but yes it fit perfect! thanks Jeff and Norm for getting eveything to me so quickly i love the sound and look.
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Founding Member

Jeff, If someone were to wander up your way, what would installation cost?

I am going to be in Wisconsin for the Dells Run at the end of September, and a detour to your shop might not be "too far" out of my way on my return to Jersey.

GXP, Sly w/ Black Leather Interior, Loaded
Mods - Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, IC pipes, GMPP Performance Upgrade Kit, Backbone Brace and Probeam.
Norms fiberglass rear diffuser, Smoked Headlights, Opel GT antenna, splash guards, custom illuminated Wind Restrictor, JPM leather visor covers, elbow pads and custom embroidered, leather covered center console.
Email me if you are interested in joining the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club (MASSC) for NJ, NY, PA, DE and MD[email protected]
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Hi Dengel. If you can come to our store you save in two ways. Free installation, and no shipping charges. We have the GXP-RCD kits in stock but it takes about 14-20 days for Norm to paint and deliver the valence. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks for your interest.
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 12:29 PM

Sounds even better now!

Hey Jeff:

My RCD has moved to an even BETTER sound level . It must be that the muffler has broken in and gotten more mellow.
The growl is deeper , and when you stand on it it positively roars ! For anyone considering an aftermarket exhaust with a distinctively gorgeous dual center outlet to boot , this is the system to have! ( No.......Jeff did NOT pay me to say this ) !
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Anyone know how long a dealer should probably take to install my new GXP RCD exhaust? I have an appointment tomorrow with my Pontiac dealer who said it would probably take a couple of hours (at $125/hr). Seems a bit steep to me. I would think they could do it in no more than 1 hour.

Brendan

Deep Blue GXP, Automatic, OnStar, A/C, Leather interior with white stitching, 18" Chrome wheels
MODS: Dejon CAI, Dejon IC pipes (deep), stubby antenna, Westers Garage GXP Hot tune, Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, Performance Auto Werks drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendand View Post
Anyone know how long a dealer should probably take to install my new GXP RCD exhaust? I have an appointment tomorrow with my Pontiac dealer who said it would probably take a couple of hours (at $125/hr). Seems a bit steep to me. I would think they could do it in no more than 1 hour.
If you check out post #14 of this thread, it took spiky, a do-it-yourselfer, about 2 hours to do it at home in his garage. I would think a dealership service center, with their additional equipment and personnel who work on cars day in and day out, should be able to get it done in an hour.

GXP, Sly w/ Black Leather Interior, Loaded
Mods - Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, IC pipes, GMPP Performance Upgrade Kit, Backbone Brace and Probeam.
Norms fiberglass rear diffuser, Smoked Headlights, Opel GT antenna, splash guards, custom illuminated Wind Restrictor, JPM leather visor covers, elbow pads and custom embroidered, leather covered center console.
Email me if you are interested in joining the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club (MASSC) for NJ, NY, PA, DE and MD[email protected]
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to spiky3480
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengel View Post
If you check out post #14 of this thread, it took spiky, a do-it-yourselfer, about 2 hours to do it at home in his garage. I would think a dealership service center, with their additional equipment and personnel who work on cars day in and day out, should be able to get it done in an hour.
Exactly right...it took me about 2 hours. Also, forum member pontiactech did it himself this weekend in his garage. You might as well save the money and do it yourself.

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Supporting Member of Solstice Forum

Exhaust Sound Clips
Camaro and G8 Solo Exhaust Sound Clips
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendand View Post
Swapping the exhaust doesnt take that long, i'd say 30 minutes max on a lift. But since you have to install the rear bumper cover they'll probably charge you up the wazoo and take their sweet time.

1993 talon tsi awd - stock on the outside, modded on the inside
2008 solstice gxp - Solo Performance 3" mach exhaust + hiflow cat - dyno sheet
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Hi Brendand. Please check your e-mail. Thanks.
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to jag767 Send a message via MSN to jag767
i didnt know where to put this since this forum frowns on racing, BUT since this is technically classified as performance data proving the solo exhaust gives significant power i figure ill put it here. as per motortrend a 2006 mitsubishi lancer evolution runs a 13.3 in the 1/4. the guy i ran had the slip showing he ran a 13.1 with his mods. the solstice gxp manual as per motortrend runs a 14.2 bone stock, however i believe someone on this forum ran a 13.8 stock. so, we will use that time. i have the fujita intercooler pipes, fujita intake, solo rcd kit no muffler at all, and a 5 speed manual. we went from 5mph to about 115. now i should have had my a$$ handed to me but i went for it anyway. well at 60 i was ahead by 2-3 car lengths. by 85 i was ahead by about 1 length and at 105 or so we were dead even til we slowed down.

point is

1. the exhaust definitly gave me a bit of power.

2. apparently the vehicles can gain significant power without reprogramming the ecu

i will never call my car slow again
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO View Post
Hi Brendand. Please check your e-mail. Thanks.
Thanks Jeff. Instructions were awesome. I'll let everyone know here how long the dealer took. Hopefully if they're good, not more than an hour. I read the instructions on removing the rear fascia and it doesn't look that difficult. I'm not sure what they'll say about having to cut the black plastic stiffening piece behind the fascia though. Will it be less supportive now being cut up like that? I'm guessing so.

Brendan

Deep Blue GXP, Automatic, OnStar, A/C, Leather interior with white stitching, 18" Chrome wheels
MODS: Dejon CAI, Dejon IC pipes (deep), stubby antenna, Westers Garage GXP Hot tune, Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, Performance Auto Werks drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM

Well, the dealer charged me $212 to install the exhaust. I know that's too much, but I wasn't able to do it myself. So I guess it took them about 1.696 hours at $125 / hour. Anyway, they did a pretty good job and I got my oil filter and oil changed at the same time (that was extra though). Total bill was $330 CAD. Ick!

Anyway... as I sent Jeff in an email.... WOW!!!!!!!! This thing rocks! It sounds soooo cool. I just want to go out and drive all the time now. The growl is awesome. When the dealer called me to tell me my car was ready he said "Hello sir, your hotrod is ready". I laughed and asked how it sounded. He said "you have NO idea! It's awesome!". That was pretty cool to hear. It also looks really good with the deep blue rear fascia. I will have pictures and hopefully some sound clips soon.

Brendan

post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 11:48 PM

Ok, I've posted some pictures of my Solo Performance RCD on my GXP web site. You can see them here: http://web.mac.com/brendand

Brendan

post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Hi Brendand. We're so glad you're happy with your system. That's really nice of the GM dealership to compliment the system. Typically they trash talk anything but GM parts. Your car looks great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: