hi flow cat question - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM

solo all the way. I purchased mine on the black Friday sale https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...roducts-82049/ as was posted here.

I heard better things about it and a couple more bucks did not bother me. Talking to Jeff during install made all the difference. Looking into which I would buy, I sent 2 companies the same question. One was the answer I was looking for, one was a form letter; not exactly answering my question.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...lo-jeff-84625/

that was my post after the install. Stand up company and I am very happy.

09 G8GT, Stryker, sport/prem
08 GXP, Mean, Auto
03 Excursion Limited, V10, 2WD and 37s
94 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, very rusty and 35s
07 GXP, Mean, manual-RIP 1Apr13 @14K miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 AM

Solo all the way!!!!! They are awesome and one of the few vendors that were willing to call me and actually talk to me when the dealer cut my cat off to replace my WP under warranty. After speaking with them, while they don't keep track of VIN#s, he told me what to look for on the cat that was cut off. Mike? was awesome!!! He called me several times even after he had answered all my questions to make sure the car was running right. I've had awesome luck with Solo, Werks, DDM, and Wind Restrictor goes above and beyond for their product!!!! They are by far the best vendor on here!!!!!! But back to your question....Solo!!!!

I will be replacing my Solo HFC this spring. (when the dealer replaced my wp, they cut my solo off and put an OEM one back on!) And I will be replacing my O2 sensor because everytime I've had something done with a cat or exhaust, the O2 sensor goes about 3 weeks later.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 07:51 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
Solo all the way!!!!! They are awesome and one of the few vendors that were willing to call me and actually talk to me when the dealer cut my cat off to replace my WP under warranty. After speaking with them, while they don't keep track of VIN#s, he told me what to look for on the cat that was cut off. Mike? was awesome!!! He called me several times even after he had answered all my questions to make sure the car was running right. I've had awesome luck with Solo, Werks, DDM, and Wind Restrictor goes above and beyond for their product!!!! They are by far the best vendor on here!!!!!! But back to your question....Solo!!!!

I will be replacing my Solo HFC this spring. (when the dealer replaced my wp, they cut my solo off and put an OEM one back on!) And I will be replacing my O2 sensor because everytime I've had something done with a cat or exhaust, the O2 sensor goes about 3 weeks later.
Well said.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 08:55 PM

Garage
I've been very happy with my Solo exhaust...shorty header, hf cat, and exhaust. Have yet to have to replace any O2 sensors, though. Also quite satisfied with my DDM chassis parts and accessories, the Windrestrictor screen and the Werks ECM reprogram! Great vendors. Shoot, even Van's BU lite covers have done well!

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: