Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Objects in mirror will soon disappear!
I just got the instructions, Deep is correct. You also have to move the exhaust bung for the O2 sensor back, drill a hole in exhaust and weld in new bung.
Instructions for O2 sensor
1) Take the front pipe right off the car.
2) Draw a line directly backwards from the center of the O2 bung. This line is a guide that you will measure on.
3) Measure back along this line exactly 2 inches from the center (middle of the O2 hole) of the stock O2 bung.
Mark the 2 inch point.
4) With a flexible measuring tape measure 1.25 or 1 ¼ inches down towards the passenger side of the pipe.
5) This is the center of the new O2 bung. Drill your hole and weld it in here.
6) Plug the front O2 hole with the provided plug.
7) Use the extender on the new rear O2 bung.
8) Install the front pipe and then thread the O2 sensor into the extender.
9) You’re done….
1) Take off cat heat shield. 10ml bolts x 3.
2) Take out O2 sensor that goes into body of cat. 7/8 or 22ml wrench.
3) Undo the 4 bolts that hold the cat to the back of the turbo. 15ml x 4.
4) Take off two bolts from pipe flange to cat. 15ml x 2.
5) Take off two bolts from bottom cat flange to hanger bracket. 13ml x 2.
6) To get more removal room for the cat, take off bottom hanger bracket. 13ml x 2.
7) Cat is now loose but still can't come out.
8) Remove 15ml bolt from passenger side bottom motor mount.
9) Lift engine (actually tilt engine) up 1 to 1 ½ inches. This gives you enough room to rotate and manipulate the cat out from the bottom.
10) Reverse process to install new cat.
Some Cat Install Tips:
Make sure the stock cat has cooled down all the way before you start removal. Being cool will not only save your skin it will help you not to break a stud.
The upper gasket will only fit one way. GM’s bolt pattern is irregular and therefore will only fit properly one way.
Professional installation of the catalytic converter is recommended.
There is an O2 extender included with your kit. This O2 extender is to be placed in the front pipe at the rear O2 port. This takes the O2 sensor out of the direct stream of the exhaust. Repositioning this oxygen sensor to the rear O2 port and extending it will keep your engine light off.
Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
Last edited by lil goat; 09-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.