SOLO's "N/A AXLE BACK" Exhaust Kit - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi guys. To order...
For all orders please do one of the following:
1. PM GOINGSOLO
2. Email [email protected]
3. Call Jeff at 905-703-1557
All we would need is your shipping info. telephone and a visa or M/C.

Acadian, our prices are in US funds. the total to Montreal for the kit would be $222.85 plus our GST which would bring it to $238.45 with shipping. Thanks very much for your interest!
Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM

Looks cool Jeff! pm sent.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Solmio! We just sent you some suggestions on your PM.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 06:24 PM

PM SENT + EMAIL SENT

You need to read both ,thanks
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Hi. Here is one review from a happy axle back customer.

Solo,
I've had the pleasure to get out on the road these last two days to.from work and I'm pleasantly surprised with the tone and volume of the NA axle-back system. My initial thoughts were "where's the noise?", but after pushing on the go pedal in a more spirited manner, it provided a very nice audible response. I wish I could say it's exactly what I wanted, but I honestly did not know what I wanted. I just know I didn't want the entire neighborhood to know when I came and went, but when I hit "go", I wanted to know it more than just a little tire squeel. I am really pleased with the cruising volume - marginally louder than stock; as well as the more agressive volume under acceleration. I think you've got a really nice product that hits the spot for those that really don't want to "stand out", but would like more than stock.
Thanks,
Chris Z

Thanks Chris, we're glad you like it!
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 11:53 AM

Mine arrives today, So I will post some clips a few days after I get it installed. For those with headers and high flow cats that want to know how it sounds.
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 PM

is there a forum discount price for the SQR 2????? ????????
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Hi Badmonito. We can save you the shipping and install fees. Detroit is only about 3 1/2 hours away from one of our stores if you can make it down to see us. Thanks for your interest!
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 PM

I got mine this afternoon. Just got it installed, about 2hrs install time. By far the hardest part was getting the rubber mounts off of the muffler. Just about to take it for a test spin, sounds great at idle. But I can't wait to hear this bad boy at 3000-4000 rpm. I will be sure to post clips after the break in period. Oh, one more thing. I am very pleased with the quality of the provided components. I was a little afraid that with the price point it's being sold at, that some of the parts would be cheap. But that fear was quickly put to rest when I opened the box, quality components all around!

Last edited by 66cat389; 01-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Garage
Jeff - great idea & affordable

Hey GM for that price - they should be standard equipment on all NA Solstices from the factory. A great upgrade for all NA owners and still be able to use the factory rear fascia.

Although this is nice, I still love my SOLO SQR-2 centre exhaust and the look of Norm's smooth rear fascia.

SSOOO Facebook Group

2006 Solstice - DDMWorks [Stage II Supercharger, Race Backbone, Powder Coated Valve Cover, Coilcover, A-Pillar Gauge Pod & Header Heat Shield Blanket], Privat Gassen wheels (8.5"F & 9.5"R) w/245/40ZR19 (F) and 255/40ZR19 (R) Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, Solo [SQR2 Exhaust & High Flow Cat], Eibach Pro springs, VDO Gauges, Razzi wing, JPM [Shifter, Centre console & Door pads], Tint*Master Tint, Kappasphere [KappaShield, KappaROO Pouches & KappaATTIC], Kuda Cell Mount

Last edited by jackl; 01-22-2009 at 06:24 AM.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jackl, we're glad you are still enjoying your SQR-2 kit. I bet you're ithing to get it out after nothing but snow for 2 1/2 months... 66Cat thanks for the review. We're looking forward to the sound clips if you get a chance to do them. Thanks!
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 03:53 PM

Hey Jeff, I believe I was the first if not then one of the first ones to test the Storm DIY unit and give you feedback. Just wanted to let you know that it has been over a year now and its still solid as rock. I did away with with the forward clamp and welded it. Myself and everyone thats heard it thinks its perfect. I think its the best kept secret in Solstice exhaust. As I stated in the thread that started it all, if you're on a budget and don't want your Sol to sound like a Cavalier then this is the way to go. Thanks for a great system at a great price.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank You Envious! Yes you were the first. We have always maintained that a good performance exhaust kit has to stand the test of time. Does the owner still like it 6 months later? If the answer is "yes" then it's a very good exhaust kit. Thanks for your answer! We're glad your still having fun with it.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66cat389 View Post
I got mine this afternoon. Just got it installed, about 2hrs install time. By far the hardest part was getting the rubber mounts off of the muffler. Just about to take it for a test spin, sounds great at idle. But I can't wait to hear this bad boy at 3000-4000 rpm. I will be sure to post clips after the break in period. Oh, one more thing. I am very pleased with the quality of the provided components. I was a little afraid that with the price point it's being sold at, that some of the parts would be cheap. But that fear was quickly put to rest when I opened the box, quality components all around!
How'd you like that muffler ? A real hand made jewel huh...I think it'll be the last muffler my car ever needs unless I decide to upgrade. You're gonna love the new sound.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 PM

That's my order in, I get it fitted this Tuesday (31st Mar) at their location!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: