2011 Official Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky Calendar competition! - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid-2 View Post
I liked it when Susan did it for free

jmho

I'm not to keen on "registering" and having my information
shared with a lot of people

or having you sell your mailing list

how about explaining in a little detail why we have to
have an account with you...i.e. become a member

Not flaming you...but you are a new entity to me ...you just
come out of nowhere and want me to be a member...of what?

Respectfully....D-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Bob View Post
I still am partial to the calenders that Susan did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by membercalendars View Post
Just approved 2 more.

If there is another calendar going on, we weren't aware of it and don't mean to step on any toes.

A few other sites do their own too. If we can help with Susan's, we'd be more than happy to. We have our own printing company so if these other calendars are just going to be up on CafePress or something for $20 a pop, we could print and sell them for a lot less.

Either way, we're not trying to force this on anyone. We do pay to support the forum so hopefully people recognize that.
Thanks Mike and Bob for the support!

The calendar folks can do their thing and I can do mine.

2008 AGGRESSIVE SOLSTICE GXP
SMARTIN's SOLSTICE
QUEEN
"THE RED ROCKET"
Custom Tune

2006 Deep Solstice
"O Sol O Mio"
11/15/05 - 02/25/12
RE-TIRED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Cover and Rear Cover Pics!!

Hey all, here's a shot of the front and rear covers (rear cover shows the winners and what the layout will look like). All winners will be getting an email soon to sort out shipping their free copies.

Thanks to all who participated!!

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Last Month of Being Sponsors

Please check out our new thread by clicking here.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 PM

I would like to thank MC for producing the calendar and be the first to so call (Brag) I slid in as the month of May!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newengland GXP View Post
I would like to thank MC for producing the calendar and be the first to so call (Brag) I slid in as the month of May!
The thanks goes out to the participants like yourself for making our calendars the way they are. If I recall correctly, you were the first one to upload in our Solstice contest; a big cheers to you.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 PM

These calendars are beautiful! I received mine last week and am so proud that my baby made March. Thanks so much for the hard work that went into making these beautiful calendars! Great job!!
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Won't find a nicer Solstice Calendar out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
These calendars are beautiful! I received mine last week and am so proud that my baby made March. Thanks so much for the hard work that went into making these beautiful calendars! Great job!!
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM

Garage
We got our calendars last week and they are very nice ! Thanks for puting them together.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Ah Feb. a GREAT month! Thanks again for the opportunity to have our cars selected for the calendar. Hope you can get on your feet next year to do something like this again. Well worth th effort!
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 09:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2Gun View Post
I was going to buy 2 calendars but $6.99 for shipping cost...wow! I can send 2 calendars anywhere in the continental 48 states priority mail for $4.75. Might want to sign up for a USPS account…just saying.
So for $2.24 you wont?

Jim

2008 Sky Redline
If your goal in life is to stir the pot, be careful, you may find the pot stirring you!
Tiny Mods:
Trifecta Tune, KappaSphere Billet Grill, KappaRack, Painted Calipers, Engine Cover, DDM Backbone, Vert Top Cover, FlySwatter, Short Antenna, Painted Visors
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 AM

I received the calendar as a XMAS present.

Very nice...

Sir William's Fleet
Mean 2007 NA 2007 Solstice ordered on 8/24/06 - Picked up on 12/12/06 - Totaled on 6/12/10
Mean 2008 GXP Acquired 6/21/10 with 1275 miles on it - Summer Solstice !
Deep 2009 NA Coupe Acquired 11/2/13 with 1040 miles on it
Mean 2009 GXP Coupe Acquired 8/27/16 with 9100 miles on it
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 05:22 AM

Got mine on Christmas Eve even though I has only ordered it earlier in the week. Thanks for the fast shipping. I was able to have it under the tree for my husband Christmas morning! His jacket didn't make it in time so at least there was something w Sol there for him. Sorry I saw the contest too late.
Hoping to remember to submit a photo for the 2012. That would be a real nice calendar for him if it had our car in it.

Happy & safe holidays to all!

Sweet Coupe 58
2009 Cool Solstice GXP Coupe
Vin 0058

Little Sister to the 66 GTO Hardtop

GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom Fuse Box Cover, GM Twin Spoke Polished Aluminum Wheels, Body Colored GM Splash Guards, Clear Bra, JPM Seat Belt Loops, GM Soft Top, JPM Custom Stiched Console Cover, Sky Antenna, GM Console Storage Bag, All Weather GM Floor Mats, Brake Light Overlay, Dual Horns
Pontiac-Oakland Club International
GTO Assoc of America
KRONUS
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

These calendar don't work for priority mail. They are too big. We'd have to use a priority mail box, which the calendar only fit in on an angle. Would have got mangled during shipping.

We had to order custom stay flats and send these USPS First Class Parcel. Most companies make money on shipping, we are barely breaking even.
It's really a good and bad thing. We chose 9.5" x 13.5" for a few reasons, but the main being it's a nice big size for a wall calendar. The bad thing is how we have to ship them.

Shipping method is something we spent a lot of time on even met with 2 postal reps at our fulfillment house. This was the cheapest way to send these wide, oversized calendars. Something we may have to re-evaluate though for next year!!!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Quote:
I was going to buy 2 calendars but $6.99 for shipping cost...wow! I can send 2 calendars anywhere in the continental 48 states priority mail for $4.75. Might want to sign up for a USPS account…just saying.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
DRM

Garage
I got this calendar as a Christmas Gift. I LOVE it!!!!.....Great Job.

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Deep/Ebony/Silver Stitching, traded 8/17/12 for a 2012 Ford F150 Lariat...I'm very sad.
2006 Pontiac Solstice Mysterious/Steel/Sand F1K(#78) 2nd owner, purchased with 1,400 miles, traded 3/07 for GXP

My Garage
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
The point was not what I am willing to pay for shipping…the point of my post was that buying two calendars should be able to ship in same package at a reasonable cost. After reading MemeberCalenders reply I now understand why the cost is a little higher than it could be and I am ordering two calendars.

Now as for the little guy running around like I am crazy because I believe in saving a buck on shipping cost…hmmm what I wonder about is why everyone here can’t spend $40.00 dollars for a life membership? It helps the forum stay alive!!! Also why some people join the forum for free and then advertise a business in their signature…hmmmmmmmm who’s really saving a few bucks around here???

Talk about an inappropriate response. You jump to ill advised conclusions a lot don't you?

Jim

2008 Sky Redline
If your goal in life is to stir the pot, be careful, you may find the pot stirring you!
Tiny Mods:
Trifecta Tune, KappaSphere Billet Grill, KappaRack, Painted Calipers, Engine Cover, DDM Backbone, Vert Top Cover, FlySwatter, Short Antenna, Painted Visors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode