Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Advice on how to sell my Solstice

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ChopTop 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about selling my 2006 Silver Solstice. Just put on a $3000.00 top; only about 15000 miles on new tires; has about a year left on a warranty and is in pretty good shape. Should I place it for sale on the Solstice Forum and/or some other site? It has about 84000 miles on it. What do you think it's worth? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Jerry

#2 ·
Pricing is very hard. Where do live? What do you consider the condition of the car? A lot of people have have different ideas as to what the condition of their car is. You won't recoup your $3k....chalk it up to "improvement". Basically by doing that now you can hold a bit firmer at the number you chose. You should have not replaced the top and just sold it for a $1k loss from what it's worth.

Good luck with the sale.

#3 ·
You can advertise it here and online. Many have used Autotrader.com successfully. KBB.com is one source for determining asking price.

A quick look at KBB says $3000 for trade in value and $6000 for private sale value if its in good condition.

You can probably get a better price in the spring when the weather is promising to get better. Selling a convertible in the winter can depress the value.

#4 ·
It's always tough to give advice on the sale of a car without seeing it as everyone has a different idea of what condition it's in what part of the country your located in ,and how bad do you want to sell it , follow the above advise .The big factor right now as Rob pointed out is that it's winter and for most people that means that anyone looking for this type of car is looking for a deal .Good Luck !

#6 ·
Thanks for your response. I'm in California. I'm not to concerned about recouping my costs but will mention it so someone will know they are getting a decent car. It has a two very minor scratches but other than that it's a very good condition particularly in respect to the running condition - excellent! I recently did a road trip from Ca to Sedona Az with absolutely no problems - that God. Too bad Pontiac went out of business. Thanks again for your comments. Jerry

#9 ·
1. List; engine, mileage, and all options.
2. Take more pics than you think is needed, nothing worse than seeing out of focus pics, or one or two pics. This is the age of the internet, so you could be getting calls from several states away the better you market the car.
3. Consider having the engine and underbody detailed by a reputable detailer, and post those pics too.
4. Be honest in your description and let the car sell itself.
5. Be prepared for tire kickers, and 3rd parties attempting to help sell your car for a %.
6. Be patient, these are niche vehicles, and everyone is still buying SUVs, CUVs, Mustangs, Camaro's, etc.,
7. Be realistic in your pricing and allow yourself some wiggle room because everyone loves a deal.
8. Craigslist
9. As I said, the more you advertised the more you have to weed out the players from the buyers, so you may want a different phone, or set up to receive texts only, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.