Aftermarket Stereo - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
Make note that according to Axxess, the GMOS-LAN-03 LAN Data Bus Interface is for cars without Monsoon, and the GMOS-LAN-04 LAN Data Bus Interface is for Monsoon equipped cars.
Tru dat, good point JohnWR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
I also replaced my headunit last week with all parts purchased from Crutchfield. They offer a custom harness that made it plug and play for me. I did have to put in a new XM tuner but again, plug and play. No soldering, just plug it all in. I replaced Monsoon system and the steering wheel connections for fine.
What parts did you order from Crutchfield to make it all work? Do you have your parts list you can share? Also costs of that is ok. Pics would also be great of your final install. Especially since your steering wheel controls work!!! Thanks
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:27 AM

Garage
I've ordered and installed 2 head units and backup cameras from Crutchfield on my two cars. Just go to Crutchfield.com and plug in your information, it only takes a few minutes and you can see all the options and choices with current prices and specials. I spent less than $300 total both times, then again I got both backup cameras off eBay, but everything else was off Crutchfield. They will send you step by step instructions with pictures for the h/u install. Just don't split the rubber handle like they say to instead just remove the two bolts that hold it on.

I've posted pictures and prices of mine before on here.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:41 AM

just tell the guys at crutchfield what car you have and what sound system and they will tell you exactly what you need and give you vehicle specific instructions on how to install it. I got it all in one package from them. backup camera, bluetooth, GPS, steering wheel controls, etc. called them on a couple of issues I didn't understand and they fixed me up. Only one item to disregard if you use their instructions. do NOT take the OHS#$T handle apart. it will come out in one piece with no problem.

Bill
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:15 PM

Thanks everybody.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 09:36 AM

What Bill said. I don't remember and no longer have the invoice but figure out which headunit you want and call them. They wouldn't acknowledge that it would be plug and play but that's exactly what it was. I did manage to damage a wire connector which turned out to be the steering wheel controls but a call to them helped troubleshoot it and a new connector fixed it. My fault not theirs. The steering controls was the blue wire if that helps you at all.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:46 PM

on the steering and chime module you get with the gm3000sw harness there are 3 wires black, brown and gray. black goes to the white with black stripe that is the swc ground not chassis. brown key 1 goes to the dark blue that is swc +. if you install a radio with the swc wires it will be key+ and brown key#+.

so brown/key1 to dk/blue+ and bridge to radio key1 or key1+, and black to white/black swc ground.

gray key 2 and brown black on the radio are not needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_124734_1564864755112.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	98699  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:56 PM

My choice for aftermarket stereo...

Hi folks,
One of the important features I wanted on a stereo was a volume control knob. I hate to try and feel for a volume up/down push button without having to look for it. The knob is easy to find and adjust. Quick and simple. Thus I went with the Kenwood Excelon DDX396 for an aftermarket stereo. I too purchased it thru Crutchfield. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX...RoC4DMQAvD_BwE They were great to deal with and prompted me with all the cables I needed to make it work based on my model of Solstice. I also used their "chat" feature while ordering and it was not only quick, but accurate advice. They also email you instructions on how to pull the dash and other parts of the Solstice apart for installation instructions. Shipping was fast too. The deck sounds great with the factory speakers and I already have in hand a set of JBL component speakers for the front as with a JBL low profile powered subwoofer. These are going to be my winter project when the car is parked, so looking forward to the upgrade. As you can see in the pictures, I even added a red Solstice for the screen background on the stereo display. This deck is loaded with features. At the time of the stereo install, I did install a back up camera and it has a very nice appearance on the back of the car. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I should add, with the top down, the screen is a little hard to see in full sunlight. But I suspect this would be the problem on most any stereo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5330.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	98701   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5331.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	98703  

Last edited by mike.robinmc; 08-03-2019 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Added to text.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode