Coolant temp 196
Calculated engine load vaule 18
Wide range 02S bank 1 sensor 1 0.004
Engine RPM 801
Intake manifold absolute pressure (inHg) 11.5
Timing advance for cylinder#1 9.5
Wide range 02S bank 1 sensor 1 1.004
02 bank 1 sensor 2 oxygen sensor 0.72
Well thats what i have. Now have P0300 P0301 P0304 P0420. Now in idle i get no misfire. When i floor it from dead stop mis and rain mis.
So only mis fires when in drive only under a load. And when it was raining got the P0420.
Please information on why mis fire in #1 and #4 and code P0420 is multiple mis fires not cat.
Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Long Term Secondary Oxygen Sensor Trim Bank#1. Is 0
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Sorry will add live data tomorrow tons more info. Ty
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:20 AM

So now you started yet ANOTHER thread on the same problems?

Why? You were already told that this was a bad idea. Jeez.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

What do you mean deleted all other post trying to give specs to car to find problem also going to post live data. What is wrong with giving people more information to solve problems. Instead of just asking a dump question with no info to go on. So don't you think it is better that I put all my engine specs data to figure out the problem not going in blind. Like I said was new that is why i was posting like that. Now i am asking a question the right way. Why do you have a problem with that. Can you even read data on a car and tell a problem are you a macanic? Do you even know what specs are on engine? When i put up live data can you read and determine what is wrong with car? If so when I list all data things i see in red means something wrong. But I don't know what specs are. So unless you have something that will help me then don't pick on a new person for being excited. That is being a ignorant person. Don't see to many of them on thank goodness. Well you have a nice day and sorry that I upset you by posting. I am sorry think you need to grow up and not say nothing if you don't have anything nice. Did you ever hear that in your life well practice it will get you farther try it some day. I wish you the best i don't dislike anyone because they don't know respect that is tought to you and sorry i guess that did not happen to you. Take my advice don't know a lot about cars but I do know how to treat people. Hope you learned something useful from what i said and hope i helped you. Again wish you the best in life.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:38 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
The problem is that you have opened multiple threads in different forums here. It makes it very difficult to follow and keep responses in order.

You should pick a forum and then keep ALL your posts on this topic in one thread.

I understand this might by difficult for you because you are a new member and don't know how these forums operate, complicated by being a new member, still in moderation, which means that your posts must be approved by a moderator before they appear.

1st 1K - #741
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:35 PM

Vincent - what TS and Dave are saying is that it is much easier for the members of the forum to help you if they can start where you started and follow all of the steps you have taken in one thread. This allows members to see what you've done, what others have suggested, what helped, what didn't help, and make it easier for us all to get you to the solutions you need. As Dave said, if you post everything you've found and tried in separate threads everyone is starting back over every time without having the background.

I don't know of any active member on this forum that actively wants to "pick on" another member. They can, however, become frustrated if the member makes it difficult to help them.

Stick with one thread and I guarantee you everyone here that can offer help, WILL!

2007 2.4L N/A. Stock + some pretty crap.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Ok thank you very much i have also gaving live data in this mesg going to send snap shots of that now. And sorry like i said was new and really excited. Need to post 2 more on another post sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-06-03_1563564777922.png
Views:	10
Size:	559.0 KB
ID:	98365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-06-03_1563569518138.png
Views:	8
ID:	98367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-05-54_1563569533728.png
Views:	6
Size:	613.8 KB
ID:	98369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-05-47_1563569559613.png
Views:	7
Size:	545.3 KB
ID:	98371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-06-30_1563569599072.png
Views:	6
Size:	517.9 KB
ID:	98373  

Last edited by Vincent1313; 07-19-2019 at 02:53 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Other 2 live data. Ty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-06-03_1563563696934.png
ID:	98357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-05-54_1563563712997.png
Size:	613.8 KB
ID:	98359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-19-15-05-47_1563563747758.png
Views:	8
Size:	545.3 KB
ID:	98361  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:02 PM

Garage
To begin, what is it you are trying to fix? Does the car run poorly? Make a weird sound? Do you have a check engine light? What?

Chris

"Sunny" - '08 Brazen Orange 2.4 Auto... 7660 feet up in the mountains
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

I am sorry 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. Had P0300 P0301 P0304 and P0420. This is all do to random misfires. And it would only misfire under heavy load never in idle. Like would only misfire when i was at dead stop and floored. And 1 time in rain. Went over all wires i could see no burnt ones checked all clips to make sure all where tight. I seen someone added bast things for headlights them wires exposed that could cause a misfire if rain hit an exposed broken bulb .wire prob have to fix that cause drains a lot of volts. My LAMBDA change from 0.08 to a .99 think 1.0.is perfect. Computer prob picks that up i bet. But did the wires coils and plugs. Now i got about 35% more HP. And when i floor it now no sputters no misfire. I got 1 mis fire in #2 now never had before but can fix think i gapped it like 1 or 2 off like at 33 not 35. If that even matters. Idk. But for the first time i ever did i did a great job. Right plugs and BWD coils and boots. Old ones did not look bad but had to be becuse BIG DIFFERENCE. I hope it stays like this.And even got 24 PSI in boost. Had old turbo changed like 2 weeks ago. Hope it stays this way even in live specs had 4 or 5 red lines. Now have 2 both for high catalyst. I was flying from the rip today gunned it like 50 times to see if i can get misfire or stuttering. But looks like that solved some of the problem. Still need to adjust a few things. I thank you all for help.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent1313 View Post
i was at dead stop and floored. And 1 time in rain. Went over all wires i could see no burnt ones checked all clips to make sure all where tight.
A bit of advice here...first on attitude. These guys are trying to help you...now most that you yelled at and tried to put in their place, are probably the best trouble shooters here, and probably won't reply again to your thread, not smart. I highly suggest an apology. I ate my words with Tomato when I first came to the forum, apologized and now he's 1 of the top posters here that I trust. Second, as stated, DO NOT EVER delete a thread where we were all trying to help you or start a new thread, let alone start a new thread in a different section. If you do happen to do that, reference your old thread somewhere in the new thread so that it can be followed for future help here.

We obviously don't want to lose you and want you to stick around and contribute to the community. Sometimes what's written doesn't always come across to another person like it did to the person writing it. Just always remember that. I've been publically flogged for answers to posts where people thought that I was being rude, but I wasn't...my writing didn't sound the same to them as it did to me.

Now that I've spoke up...again, let me try to help you again. First, the "crimp clips" (you can easily identify these. they look like tubes over the wire, usually a tad larger on both ends) on those wires MUST BE soldered if they are crimp clips...PERIOD. Do it, even if YOU don't believe this is the issue. They can get corrosion inside those clips. Second, from your post, you're stating you got these codes while sitting still and "flooring the car". Why? Why would you do that? If this is the case, how long did you have the throttle mashed? Almost all cars after 2000 or so have built in rev limiters (unless it's been removed by a tuner and that should limit the car to about 3k-4k rpm) while the car is in neutral/not moving. It's so people don't blow the motor up....however, if held too long, it will create CELs.

My final comment is this. Screenshots of data from your car, 95% of the time is pretty much useless. Most people will need to see a 0.1 second interval log of the data to help with issues. It took me almost a year and half to finally realize that my HPFP was bad. I would post "data logs" from the Torque app, but it's not fast enough to log everything. I did that for over a year and nobody could figure out my issue. Finally I happened to catch my LTFT and STFT doing wierd things at the same time and someone finally said, "hey, it's your HPFP". After I replaced it the problem was solved. So screenshots of data only work in about 5-10% of the time. Just letting you know for future reference. You would need a professional logger like HPTuners to truly diagnose most issues if someone here hasn't experienced it...and a lot of the time, many members here won't even know how to read that!!!

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.

Last edited by The_Ghost; 07-20-2019 at 10:18 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent1313 View Post
Now in idle i get no misfire. When i floor it from dead stop mis and rain mis.
So only mis fires when in drive only under a load. And when it was raining got the P0420.
Please information on why mis fire in #1 and #4 and code P0420 is multiple mis fires not cat.
Thank you so much.

Probly apples to oranges. My Ford ecoboost did that a few times in the rain up hill pulling a trailer was one time. I had a misfire light and threw the code for the cat. A mis fire your dumping raw gas down the exhaust. Ford said it was intercooler working too good in certain conditions. In the 40's and raining. Low steady speeds 1500-1800 rpm in the rain allows moisture to collect in the cooler not enough heat to evaporate or push it through. When you jump on it and if enough water is in there boost comes up runs that water through causing the misfire. Fords fix was to put on a blocker flap for the intercooler to run a little warmer.

Solstice cant run that low of RPM steady though. It should blow out after a few times. If it still does it time after time probly one of the million things it can be on an electronically controlled vehicle
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for all your help. It is a pleasure being part of this forum.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Hold on have not been on in a while and like I said was new and had no clue what I was doing and I said I was sorry don't think I gave anyone any attitude. I has always been as polite as i can be to everyone on fourm. And I know I was crazy when I first got on. Yes my mistake and like I said sorry. I hope everyone got that SORRY. I had just gotten car and started to have all these problems. After about 3.5k worth of work check engine light came on again now just bought new catalytic converter P0420 so new cat needed. And just got a P0455 large evap problem. Now I just take it to shop. Could not get anyone but my shop to put on new cat from Magnaflow. My shop always busy week or two to do one job. And they are a little pricey but they let me get my own parts with allowes me to either save money or go proformance. That is nice most shops over price for crapy parts or used junk yard parts. Again I will do my best to keep the post to a min. And try to help with what I learned with my car so far. And PLEASE don't think I am rude or ungrateful. I loved the help I got or the people trying to help me. I have learned much over the last few months. And my opinion is around 80000 miles they start to need a lot of work. That is fine with me cause i love my car and she is named. I would not get of her for the world and will fix her when ever she needs it. I will never let the CEL on. But to answer she always drove great. Accept 1 time floored it and puttered out. Fixed after BWD coils and boots and new plugs. Repaced all sensors Intercooler new turbo and new purge system and a few minor things. But now new cat and P0455. Having them look at to see what problem is. Then of course will find best way to get fixed. Again I like you all no hard feelings and sorry if I upset anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode