Car Cover / Radio Antenae - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Location: Phoenix Arizona where there are about 250 days a year for convertible Bebop-ing
Car Cover / Radio Antenae

So that corvette cover fit like a loose glove. But the antenae that was on there was a cheap rig put on there by some wanger and broke. So I tried the .50 caliber bullet and didn't like it, and it was too pointed for car cover. DUH! So that second one there is much nicer and very modern.

So I put the bullet on the Ford Focus. It looked like every other little silver hatch-back when I got it and I lost it couple times in parking lots so I drilled holes in a bright yellow tennis balls to stick on the factory antenae so I could easily spot it.

We'll see how the bullet goes. If I have to polish it i'm going back to tennis balls. I have shot a .50 caliber machine gun in the service. It is a devistating weapon that will go thru a tank with armor piercing incendiary ammo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00001a2b2a%20(9l).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	96093   Click image for larger version

Name:	00001a2b2a%20(9m).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	96095   Click image for larger version

Name:	00001a2b2a%20(9n).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	96097  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:41 AM

Cool !

Although a shiny red bullet would have looked great on the Solstice

BTW: Why are those 3 bottom shelves not at the same height ? :-)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Location: Phoenix Arizona where there are about 250 days a year for convertible Bebop-ing
<<< SMILE >>> I'm glad you asked! This was a Snow-bird house when I bought it that had Nothing on the garage walls whatsoever! So I had to put the shelves cantered thru the dry-wall straight into the framing supports.

I got every one of those shelves at lowes at the 'cull lumber' scrap box for 50 cents each. Some were a little curved but painted up fine.

The first one under went up and I was lucky to notice I needed more room for the squirt bottles.

Now its a SUN-bird house! Check out those Pool-Playing Thophys!

I decided against the bullet on the convertible so not to encourage anybody to start shooting at me.

Thats NOT a scrath its a piece of string or like that.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:11 PM

Garage
When I cover my Solstice I remove the OEM antenna and store it inside the cabin.

No problem.

Just An Ordinary Average Guy

With A Super Cool Car!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
When I cover my Solstice I remove the OEM antenna and store it inside the cabin.

No problem.
i have the short OEM antenna, but I remove mine too when I put the cover on
Bill
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:42 PM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
I was removing the long oe ant, then ordered 2 short&shorter ones the short one is on and seems fine but putting cover on sometimes it gets cought on it....my cover fits snug so it wont go on if it's hung up.I wish the covers had removable/washble sections at the tires so the cover didnt get dirty,...especialy when the car lot detail guys slop on the tire **** goop...witch was also 1/8" thick on the flood maps and in the wheel well.... what a mess.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:29 AM

I'm another that just removes the antenna when putting on the cover...

WooHoo!!! Ordered a loaded Deep GXP on March 19th, 2008. Order number 0814D93708
Event code 3400 on April 12, 2008
Born April 30, 2008
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!

Last edited by Sly Bob; 05-24-2019 at 05:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode