Curse you, Texas weather! - Page 6 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, the Florida car is off the list. No way to really give it a good test before shelling out bucks. And black is beautiful, but a pain to keep clean this time of year. I used to have a black Chevy truck back in my Austin, TX days ... it was yellow all during pollen season. Ugh!

---
al_c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I received a deck lid from a 2008 model today. Some slight differences ... my 2006 has only a trunk cable going into the lid, the 2008 has the trunk cable and 3 antenna cables for the little antenna on the lid. Will these work with the 06, or should I just ignore them?

---
al_c
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oops ... stupid mistake. I was testing the fit of the replacement lid (perfect, by the way) and fastened the buttresses into the deck lid without thinking to hook up the release cable first. Crap. So how can I get the buttresses to release?

---
al_c
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_c View Post
Oops ... stupid mistake. I was testing the fit of the replacement lid (perfect, by the way) and fastened the buttresses into the deck lid without thinking to hook up the release cable first. Crap. So how can I get the buttresses to release?
Follow the instructions posted in several places on the forum for opening the buttresses when the cable breaks or doesn't work. It's basically the use of an L shaped tool to manually move the spring that holds the buttress down.

try a search for "stuck buttress"

1st 1K - #741
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Personally, I'd go with the Texas car. Black is beautiful.
post #81 of 81 (permalink) Old Today, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The Allen wrench trick worked great. A couple of alignment adjustments, hooked up the proper cables, and now my Sol has one less section of hail damage on it. And the silver matches perfectly! Tail light housings should arrive today. But my search for a silver hood continues ...

---
al_c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode