10Likes
  • 2 Post By Sting Ya
  • 4 Post By SolPainter
  • 1 Post By easyryderca
  • 3 Post By RedOne07

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Diecast Solstices

I know a lot of members have been collecting various scales of diecast Solstice cars including me . I'll go on Ebay usually every once and awhile just to see what the prices are well went on last week and they are getting nuts ! I know the cars themselves are getting scarce but the larger scales 1/18 - 1/24 are now around the $100.00 mark . Having an Envious (green ) car the only diecast I have ever found initially was in the 1/18 scale at my local Pontiac dealer they have been far and few inbetween.One popped up on Ebay last week new in the box and I ended up winning the auction for $31.00 man was I surprised !The funny thing is they had two other cars both Cool (silver) one was going for $85.00 and the other $100.00 .I'm in the middle of a mini me project with the Solstice plus one of the Chevelle so it's nice to know that I have two unmolested ones in the original boxes . To any new members if you have ever thought about getting a model of your car I would advise you to start looking now hopefully you will find one priced reasonably .
rob the elder and easyryderca like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 06:11 PM

I was happy to finally pick up a 1st 1000 die cast a few years ago because the seller didn't include it when we bought the 06. I did pick up a Road Signature 1/18? several years ago, and have been looking at them on Ebay for awhile now, but I really haven't paid much attention to maker or sizes. Though I would like to pick up a few more but admit the high prices of a few of them have turned me off somewhat.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 10:32 PM

Garage
I have several of the Skys and GTs/ Unfortunately none of the Solstice. Mine is Sly so would guess that would be an easier one to find. Will try to get one in 1/24.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 09:15 AM

It's like the 5 Matchbox cars that were produced. Depending on color, they range from $20 to $65. I have 3 complete sets (15 cars) and I think I may have driven the price up a bit as I posted 1 set for $500 and had about 25 people watching it. LOL... A lot of people don't know that there were 2 different silver/blue ones made...one a darker shade then the other. I do not have the other blister packs that had Solstice's in them... there were 3 of those, and I cannot find them in the blister, just loose.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-Su...kAAOSwykVZz9op

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 03:09 PM

Garage
Around Christmas 2010 Walgreens was selling the Maisto 1/24 at 3 for $10. I picked up all I could, going from store to store. Limited color selection, most were "Cool". I did get an Envious and Deep. Stocked up and picked up a few Skys. My goal was to repaint with all the colors that were offered. All are primed, basecoat and clearcoated. I also did the interiors in various colors. The models has to be completely disassembled to paint. I have a total of ten completed and need to finish. I also picked up ten different Solstice Transformers and four Solstice Road Rippers.

The picture shows the Mean, Pure, Cool, Sly, Mysterious, Carbon Flash, Envious, Deep, Wicked, and Aggressive,

Last edited by SolPainter; 07-13-2019 at 07:02 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Good find Sting. I managed back in 2016 to pick up one at the GM Dealership in north east Calgary.
Been back twice & they quit getting them in.
Sting Ya likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:39 AM

Walmart Canada has a great deal on Solstice diecast. 1/43
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Red how do you find this stuff ? I'm always on the lookout for Solstice stuff but I have to admit you always seem to come up with some great finds .

Last edited by Sting Ya; 04-19-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode