Does my battery drain too fast ? - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
I contacted a few manufacturers and they told me their autorangers also interrupt the circuit to change the range.
So couldn't you just put a clip lead/jumper around your current measuring point to maintain continuity while you changed ranges?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 AM

My Sol won't start after sitting for two weeks, just got the car 6 weeks ago, supposedly it is a new battery < than 1 year old, however I cannot find a date on the battery and suspect it is much older! Alternator is charging around 14.3 volts so must be the battery unless something is draining it. The car sat around for the last two years and wasn't driven much during that time.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 AM

Replace the battery , there is always a draw on the battery the only way to avoid this is to use a battery maintainer when the car sits for any length of time
sirwm likes this.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Founding Member

A good battery will crank the Solstice after 2 weeks with no problems, as others have said check for some drain or the battery needs replacing.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:47 PM

mine lasted about two months with no charger. now have a smart charger receptacle hardwired under the bonnet and plug my charger in any time I'm not driving for a week or more. (Battery Tender, Jr). battery is now six years old and going strong.

Note: you cannot use most smart chargers as memory backups when changing batteries. they cut off automatically when they sense that no battery is present. Learned that the hard way.

Bill
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:46 AM

Thanks-Good adv-ice I will have it checked out, I believe that is what happened as, as far as I know it was barely driven the last few years- 2006 with 34,000 Kilometres!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode