End of an era: Last Solstice sold from GM - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
End of an era: Last Solstice sold from GM

It has officially come to an end for the Solstice. July 2010 the very last Solstice GM had made that was still in holding was sold from GM to its dealership chain. GM officially is now sold out of Solstices. The official numbers were finally released today reflecting this information.

There were 5 Skys sold in August 2010 but the current stock of items left are unknown.

Drink one for the Solstice tonight my friends!

2006 Mysterious Solstice
2007 Mean Solstice GXP
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Garage
Hard to believe, the Solstice came out when i was a freshman in high school and I remembered being entranced by this vehicle. Now I am a sophomore in college working on my bachelor's of science and Pontiac is no more and the solstice is no longer produced: indeed a lot has changed.

Year:2006
Trim: Base
Color: Cool
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Interior: Ebony Cloth Seats
Wheels: Powder Coated Rims
No a/c, power options, etc.
Pre-Production VIN # 6Y100538 of 700.

Modifications:
K&N Hi-Flow Drop-in Filter
PCM4Less ECM Tune
Clear Image Shorty Header
Solo High-Flow CAT
Color Matched Splash Guards (front and rear)
DDM Works Backbone (Street), Pro-beam and Cross-brace
Hankook V12 Evo tires
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 PM

Garage
Here's to the "dream" car that was putting the Excitement back in Pontiac! Thank you, Mr. Lutz, and you great folks at what was one of the greatest car producers in the world. Engineers, designers, assemblers and sellers. You can all say "I was there when...."

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM

GM used to list the "types" of Pontiacs (as well as Saturns, Saabs and Hummers) sold every month. They did this as recently as the beginning of this year. Now they only list "Other Brand Sold", and list total numbers of Pontiacs or Saturns. It would be nice for them to have continued the breakdowns... I wonder just how many Solstices ARE being sold per month... or just how many remain for that matter...
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahermusic View Post
GM used to list the "types" of Pontiacs (as well as Saturns, Saabs and Hummers) sold every month. They did this as recently as the beginning of this year. Now they only list "Other Brand Sold", and list total numbers of Pontiacs or Saturns. It would be nice for them to have continued the breakdowns... I wonder just how many Solstices ARE being sold per month... or just how many remain for that matter...
GM tracks the numbers of vehicles they sell, not their dealerships. GM is now sold out of Solstices as of July 2010 they sold the last one to a dealer. GM is not officially posting those numbers for breakdowns of Pontiac & Saturn but we have means of getting that information.

2006 Mysterious Solstice
2007 Mean Solstice GXP
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette Coupe
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
There are still a few new cars out there in dealers hands, but GM decided to turn off the information on Pontiacs on the web site, so you can't search for the Solstice any more.

Current fleet:
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1958 MGA Twin Cam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently departed: 1965 Jensen CV8, 1969 Lamborghini Islero S, 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 1969 MGC roadster
Mods at https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...thread-102178/

Bill in BC
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
There are still a few new cars out there in dealers hands, but GM decided to turn off the information on Pontiacs on the web site, so you can't search for the Solstice any more.
They may officially be considered used cars, owned by the dealers at this point.

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to LiquidPT Send a message via MSN to LiquidPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post

They may officially be considered used cars, owned by the dealers at this point.
Yup, I think all Pontiacs are officially "used"

LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:

The August, 2010 Sales Deliveries release does list 7 Pontiacs sold last month, (along with 43 Saturns and 205 Hummers...) These aren't "used" vehicles, they're newly sold... 1st time off the dealer's lot. My thing was that GM used to break down those units sold by model type. Now, they only break down by model type for the "new-GM" vehicles. Not a big deal, but it was always interesting to see just how many Solstices were sold the previous month.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
The August, 2010 Sales Deliveries release does list 7 Pontiacs sold last month, (along with 43 Saturns and 205 Hummers...) These aren't "used" vehicles, they're newly sold... 1st time off the dealer's lot. My thing was that GM used to break down those units sold by model type. Now, they only break down by model type for the "new-GM" vehicles. Not a big deal, but it was always interesting to see just how many Solstices were sold the previous month.
I know I have not been around in a while.... but, I have it on extremely good authority that zero "new" Solstice's were sold in August.

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I know I have not been around in a while.... but, I have it on extremely good authority that zero "new" Solstice's were sold in August.
Just curious... do you have any way of finding out how many:

1) Pontiacs are remaining, and

2) Solstices remain?
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:45 AM

Seems like just yesterday i was going through the allocation process....spring of 07 ......will i get it.....excited to find out that my order had changed to a early 08 ....... came in on the truck July 4th 07 ....went down and saw it in the dealership lot ......called my salesman at his house since it was a holiday and asked him to see if he could have it ready on the next day.....he said yes !

My passion for the Solstice is still the same today as that day 3 years ago and even though it's the end of an era it will be up to individuals such as ourselves to keep the DREAM alive ! So i drink one for the solstice and all the Kappas!

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Newengland GXP, I will drink to that as well. So sad about Pontiac biting the dust!

#1 On my local GXP list at MSRP; Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-06

Code 3000, 10-12-06; Code 3100, 11-08-06; Code 3300, 11-18-06; Code 3400, 11-18-06; Code 3800, 12-01-06; Code 4200 12-07-06; Code 5000 & 6000, 12-27-06

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed shifter, Ebony Leather seats, red accent stitching, Chromed Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals, and Premium Headliner. MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit. Deal $28,180 ($2,120 under MSRP).
VIN#120075
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM

Send a message via MSN to RavenSol
I know this may have been posted in another thread already, but regardless of which one was the last to be sold by GM to the dealership to sell to a customer... does anyone know the location or type/color/style of the Final Solstice that rolled off the assembly line (last one made)? or possibly the Vin Number?

Much like owning the first Solstice or first of the years/type, I think owning the Very Last Solstice ever made would be an awesome thing too.

[CENTER]---
2009 Brazen Roadster Street Edition
-Purchased Sunday June 6, 2010
---

Last edited by RavenSol; 09-04-2010 at 03:56 PM.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
This is the last Solstice rolling down the line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwm View Post
The tour guide mentioned that this last Solstice is going
to Lonestar Pontiac in Texas

Pictures from the last day: https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ictures-58322/

More last day stuff: https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...e-plant-57026/

I know I've seen the last Solstice's VIN somewhere, and I thought it was in one of those threads, but I'm not going to reread all those messages.

Google search is a wonderful thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash's Owner View Post
Last Kappa VIN is a 2009 Solstice Convertible: 1G2MN35B69Y108138

MN = Solstice Base Auto Trans
B = LE5 2.4 l naturally aspirated.
Here's the entire message:
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/875380-post10.html

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 09-04-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode