End of an era: Last Solstice sold from GM - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to RavenSol

Ahh thanks ! I wonder where it currently resides :P

Too bad there's no information on if it's still sitting at a dealer or current owner information not even autocheck or carfax has a single shed of information on it.

[CENTER]---
2009 Brazen Roadster Street Edition
-Purchased Sunday June 6, 2010
---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:18 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
Ahh thanks ! I wonder where it currently resides :P

Too bad there's no information on if it's still sitting at a dealer or current owner information not even autocheck or carfax has a single shed of information on it.
My guess is it's sitting, hidden away, at a dealer. They're going to sit on it for a while, hoping it appreciates a bit. The reason it doesn't show up on autocheck or carfax is that it has not been put into service yet, which means it is unsold.

1st 1K - #741
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post
I know I have not been around in a while....
Yeah, what's up with that. Some of us miss you around here.

Welcome back Kotter.

2008 Solstice GXP Roadster
I've been humped

Kappasphere AX wheels
DDMWorks extreme backbone
GMPP Stage 2
Splash Guards
Black bezel headlamps

23,777 fun miles

You don't need a trunk to haul ass...

Official car of SCCA Touring 2 Champion Don Knowles.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahermusic View Post
Just curious... do you have any way of finding out how many:

2) Solstices remain?
That's what this thread is about, there are no more Solstices at GM. The only ones left are at dealerships and the only way to find them is through the dealer system.

2006 Mysterious Solstice
2007 Mean Solstice GXP
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette Coupe
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil View Post
That's what this thread is about, there are no more Solstices at GM. The only ones left are at dealerships and the only way to find them is through the dealer system.
That's what I was inquiring about... how many are still available FROM the dealers, not TO the dealers. Just curious.
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
That's what I was inquiring about... how many are still available FROM the dealers, not TO the dealers. Just curious.
simply go on cars.com or autotrader or anyother car dealer listing and you can still find some "NEW" No Owner solstices listed.

[CENTER]---
---
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:26 PM

Garage
Weren't we told at the plant tour that the last one was an order, and they even knew the name of the future owner?

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVerde View Post
Weren't we told at the plant tour that the last one was an order, and they even knew the name of the future owner?
If you are saying what I think you are saying... I would be confident in saying that the true "Last" one produced wasn't the final Solstice sold.. rather it was probably a car they had produced days or weeks or even months prior in a color combination/style which wasn't popular, that no dealer showed interest in.. so it just sat in GM product holding lots until one finally did!

[CENTER]---
---
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Garage
Got it. Last sold, not last made..................

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Yeah, what's up with that. Some of us miss you around here.

Welcome back Kotter.
Thanks Jimbo! I have missed a lot of the great folks here too!

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Just curious... do you have any way of finding out how many:

1) Pontiacs are remaining, and

2) Solstices remain?
I do not have data for remaining inventory. The sales data showing zero deliveries is out of Automotive News. Since the data is deliveries and not sales, it can mean a sale to a retail customer, fleet buyer, dealer buying the car into their used fleet, etc.

An autotrader search will show some "new" Solstices, but not many. These may not actually be new either. Months ago, maybe January timeframe if I remember correctly, GM offered a huge incentive for dealers to transfer their Pontiac inventory to their used fleet. Thousands of dollars. Since Pontiac was dead in the restructure, they did not want any official new cars. I suspect a few lingered anyway, which has explained the trickle of deliveries.

Basically, there is probably no way to tell for certain. What is officially new, and what is new but sitting in used inventory is still out there in small numbers, but due to the different classifications there is no good way to quantify it. I doubt any official new ones remain, there should no longer be any official Pontiac dealers since that brand channel is dead. Could a couple have slipped thru the cracks? Sure, but likely they are officially used (although new) cars.

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fformula88 View Post
I doubt any official new ones remain, there should no longer be any official Pontiac dealers since that brand channel is dead. Could a couple have slipped thru the cracks? Sure, but likely they are officially used (although new) cars.
I get what you're sayin'. At the beginning of each month, GM does publish how many Pontiacs that were never placed into service before, were purchased by consumers and placed into service for the very first time, (for August, 2010, there were only 7 Pontiacs), but GM doesn't say if any of these are Solstices... like they used to delineate.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 06:57 AM

When the Union City, GA Saturn dealership closed, its inventory was taken next door to the Chevrolet dealership. I am not sure if they were then sold as new or used, but it would have been their first retail sale regardless.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 PM

I still cannot believe GM decided to discontinue the Pontiac line, which has always been an icon in the world of grand cars. I, for one, will sorely miss the great Pontiac. Of course, the Solstice was and remains (in my humble opinion) the essence of perfection and will always shine! I am so glad I bought Celeste (my car's name, not mine) in 2007. I still get the biggest kick from driving her. I love the stares she gets and the compliments I hear from the people who appreciate beautiful cars. As much as I hate that Pontiac is no longer with us, at the same time, I am so very proud to own a super classic! I tip my glass to these beautiful sexy cars!!
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 AM

I just read that Daewoo has a car that is the same as the Opel GT and the Saturn Sky and the only difference is the name badges. If that is true, where were they made? Does anyone have any info on the Daewoo version of the Kappa??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode