Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Figuring out if a car as ABS

993 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bugreg 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Abs was an option in 06 and 07. I'll let the pro's on here explain how to identify. Good luck with your search.

#3 ·
The easiest way would be for someone at the dealership to look at the option tag located inside the glove compartment door and see if JL9 (4 wheel anti lock )is listed it was a $400.00 option another choice would be to get the vin # and post it on the forum we have members who can decode it .From the pictures it looks like a real nice car at a decent price I would take the drive if it was me . Good luck !

#7 ·
Just some thoughts in this day and age clean low mileage Kappas with a reasonable price tag are getting hard to find if you're in no hurry than continue your search for a car with the options you want . Being in Pa. like Ohio most of these types of cars are put away for the winter or if on a dealer lot he /she will know that it will probably be sitting there till spring and this could work in your favor .I'm partial to Envious Solstices (Emerald Jewel Metallic ) when I bought mine the color really stood out for me and after I purchased it I found out Envious is a pretty rare color as far as Solstices go .As I stated above to drive 1 1/2 hours to look at a car (it's a big out of pocket expense ) to me is nothing .I drove 7 hours one way to Lancaster Pa. to buy a low mileage clean Grand Marquis luckily the car was as described but if it wasn't I would have chalked it up to experience and a nice road trip . From the pictures it looks like a very well kept car I think I'd do a road trip and check it out . :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.