Pontiac Solstice Forum

Pontiac Solstice Forum (https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/)
-   General Solstice Discussion (https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/)
-   -   Fuse for Cigarette Lighter??? (https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/fuse-cigarette-lighter-53425/)

JeffInDFW 01-07-2009 11:49 PM

Fuse for Cigarette Lighter???

My cigarette lighter (accessory power outlet for the young people) does not work to power my cell phone charger or radar detector. Where is the fuse for this??? I have looked in my owners manual at both of the fuse panels, and I do not see where it lists it. Does anyone know?

Small Dealer 01-08-2009 08:08 AM

The online version of the 2009 Saturn Sky Owner's Manual shows that the Underhood Fuse Box location #30 is the "Outlet" fuse.

JeffInDFW 01-08-2009 11:52 AM

Small Dealer. You KILL me. How many people have you helped on this forum? I know you have helped me 3 separate times now. We all need to buy a car from you asap!

I looked in my owners manual again, and sure enough it is labeled "Outlet". I was looking for "Accessory Power Outlet" or "Cigarette Lighter".

Anyway.....Why you take time to help so many people is beyond me....but I for one sure appreciate it.

Critterman 01-08-2009 05:57 PM

We all do but never let him know from the day we order our cars (remember who told us what all the codes meant) until now when you ask him "how do you" Thanks Small Dealer

JeffInDFW 01-09-2009 01:08 AM

Well, the fuse is fine, so I guess I'll either run it by the dealer or pull it myself to see why it has no power....ON a positive tip, I did at least fix my wifes laptop tonight! Her screens backlight died....I installed a new screen and now good as new!

Tristaharvey 12-21-2018 10:10 AM

Hi , I have the same issue right now . I replaced the fuse and still nothing . Did you happen to figure yours out?? I think it might be the whole unit but im not sure how to take it out.

DaveOC 12-21-2018 10:50 AM

Trista, way to bring back a thread from the depths of history. Almost 10 years.

If you pop up the trim ring around the shifter and shifter boot, you may be able to access the power outlet. If your hands are small. Otherwise it's a lot of work to get to.

:thumbs:

joybill44 12-21-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tristaharvey (Post 2163477)
Hi , I have the same issue right now . I replaced the fuse and still nothing . Did you happen to figure yours out?? I think it might be the whole unit but im not sure how to take it out.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago. The power receptacle had become unplugged.

There is a special tool that reaches down into the receptacle which allows you to pull it right out, plug wiring and all. No need to go behind the dash. I pulled mine out, then reached in with a piece of bent coat hangar and fished out the plug and wiring through the hole. I didn't buy the tool, just made one from an old screwdriver. If you search around online for receptacles, you can find instructions on exactly how to do the removal and usually pictures of the tool involved.

Bill.

joybill44 12-21-2018 03:59 PM

Did a little digging on youtube and found a video on HOW TO REPLACE A GMC POWER RECEPTACLE. It is one of a series of videos listed under AXLES GARAGE. It shows exactly how ro remove and replace the receptacle without the special tool gmc recommends.

Bill.