How many of you have 2? - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:47 PM

Garage
I bought the Mallett because they were giving it away. I really did not want it, nor did I keep it.

I bought the second RL for the wife to drive back and forth to work, we ended up giving it to our mechanic. We still have it, but he gets it when we are too old to drive it. He keeps it at his house, to protect it from our road. The Skpel has never seen our road and never will. It stays in a storage facility 20 miles away

The third NA was actually purchased to be a trailer, but I could not bring myself to destroy a running, driving, smogged and licensed car. It was been hit in the front end. Looked terrible, but no real damage other scrapes and paint peal from what appeared to be a acid spill on it. Plus the price of 2K was hard to pass up.

The fourth being another NA, was a salvage title vehicle, with a perfect front end. It had a minor hit in the rear end, that actually snapped the spindle. So taking the two and putting them together allows me to fix the one damaged in front and give the wife a car she can drive daily during the summer and fall months. Our road is terrible. She wants to turn in our leased Volt and have no car payments. So she will have a daily driver and I have the remains of the other car that I can either fix up to be a track car, cut apart and build a custom trailer. Either way I will spend way more money than it would ever be worth, so no decision has been made.

Where would I find a low mileage convertible that the wife likes for less than 5K? I suppose I could go out and find a MGB or TR4 for twice to three times what I have invested now, that I know I would absolutely hate to drive, would be nothing but trouble and most likely have endless smog problems with it. Different strokes for different folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:55 AM

One NA, one GXP....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Both.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	96021  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
What about having a red one and a blue one? Or a cloth and a leather interior? Like having more than one suit, or multiple pairs of shoes.

I also note that some of the multiples are in two different locations. And maybe a family of four wants to travel together, in pairs.
We are a family of four. This is exactly why we are considering a second GXP. I looked at a newer Camaro SS convertible but that would actually cost more than 2 GXP’s.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stygz View Post
We are a family of four. This is exactly why we are considering a second GXP. I looked at a newer Camaro SS convertible but that would actually cost more than 2 GXP’s.
I hate to say it, but that actually makes more sense. Plus a used SS might be worth more than two Solstices in the future. In addition the family is all together and you don't have to listen to anyone complain about who gets to drive which car or who gets to ride with who.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 05-14-2019 at 12:37 PM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stygz View Post
We are a family of four. This is exactly why we are considering a second GXP. I looked at a newer Camaro SS convertible but that would actually cost more than 2 GXPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
I hate to say it, but that actually makes more sense. Plus a used SS might be worth more than two Solstices in the future. Plus the family is all together and you don't have to listen to anyone complain about who gets to drive which car or who gets to ride with who.
Or: The used SS might not be worth as much more in the future as it costs more now. You get alone time with various members of the family at different times. You only have to suit two people instead of four when it comes to choosing the music. You have two cars at your destination so you can split up if you want to. No one has to sit in the back seat. And, a convoy of GXPs is cooler than a single Camaro. (Although a convoy of Skys would be cooler yet.)

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

This more what I was thinking. Our current GXP was for my wife. The second would be for me unless the color is something less “loud”.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:49 AM

Garage
We have not heard from 44thSky, who has the alluded two digit Sky and a coupe.

SteveBot39
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ

Summer Solstice, South Euclid OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:38 AM

I had 2 solstices for a short time & sold the 2007 GXP & kept the coupe. I some times regret that as i could have used the one i sold for my daily ride but lack of room & a few bad winter storms convinced me other wise.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:33 PM

I have had two...

Driving and working on a Sly 2008 Solstice GXP 5spd 260/260, and the worst-built 2012 LS3 Camaro 1SS to escape from Oshawa.

Gone but not forgotten:
2007 Solstice GXP 5 speed 290/340

Stored and needing to part ways with a 1970 Skylark Custom convertible I have owned since 1989 and turned into a GS455 clone. 462 with 7/8 primary headers, adjustable roller rockers, TA Performance Stage 1 aluminum heads, auto, Chevy 12 bolt, 3.31:1. Sadly a project car now but a driver from '89 to '06.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:38 PM

I'm committed for the long run with the two Pontiac Solstices listed here. Still enjoy the ride.

2006 SOL, NA, Cool Ebony/Sand, 5 speed manual, VIN 109923, delivered 11 Feb 06
2009 SOL GXP Coupe, Mysterious, 5 speed manual, VIN 000749, purchased 26 Jul 09
easyryderca likes this.

2006 SOL, Cool Ebony/Sand, 5 speed manual, VIN 109923, delivered 11 Feb 06
2009 SOL GXP Coupe, Mysterious, 5 speed manual, VIN 000749, purchased 26 Jul 09
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:46 PM

I have two. Wicked 09 GXP convertible and Aggressive 09 GXP Coupe. Plan on keeping them a long time.
easyryderca likes this.

07 Aggressive NA, 11-06 SOLD 9-17-08
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,dibit & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,GMPP CAI&tune, DDM susp set,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, DDM susp set,SOLO center Exh, Norm Valance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in