lens spray tint - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

lens spray tint

So I tried to apply the lens spray tint on my headlights today. It came out "ok" drove through town and came back to my house and couldn't stand the way it looks and removed it. If it's not 100% Good I don't want it on my Sol. Anyway, anyone out there in the forum who knows where I can get headlights black covers? I saw the tint headlight covers but not sure if it will last...I was hoping for actual plastic covers, I wonder if there's any out there? I searched and no luck. If yall know where I might be able to get some. Let me know my headlights look like hazy cr*p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 10:02 PM

Don't know if this is what your looking for but they sell a partial cover that goes over the back portion of the headlight it's made of fiberglass it's sold on Ebay under the name Eyelids .Go to Ebay motors, then to car and truck parts and type in Solstice eyelids .Just want to add if it's the lens itself you might want to try some of those lens cleaning kits that they sell in auto parts stores to remove the plastic haze Mothers sells a pretty good product ,they also make a plastic polish that works pretty well . As for a cover itself the only ones I have seen are made of a film that protects the lens Xpel Headlight Protection Kit and Lamin - x are two that come to mind .

Last edited by Sting Ya; 05-03-2016 at 10:14 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to cartmann32
Best way to get the look you want and not have to worry about the condition of it deteriorating over time would be to split open your lights and paint the inner chrome bezel black...that way the lens will protect it from the elements and you'll get the blacked out look you so choose

Whilst you're in there, you could do a projector retrofit that would significantly increase your light output and safety on the road.....

Trax Customs
www.traxcustoms.com
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Do this ^!

Plus, you don't even need to paint the chrome. Just apply Easy-Off (oven cleaner) and the chrome will dissolve away, leaving perfect black plastic.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...

Last edited by TomatoSoup; 05-04-2016 at 11:41 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Agree with the above posts just want to add if you do a search on the site " Street Edition Headlights " it will give you a step by step instruction on how to do this many members have done it and it gives your car the $500.00 plus look (the cost of a set of these type headlights ) for an afternoon of your time and a can of oven cleaner .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 01:55 PM
bmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmann32 View Post
Best way to get the look you want and not have to worry about the condition of it deteriorating over time would be to split open your lights and paint the inner chrome bezel black...that way the lens will protect it from the elements and you'll get the blacked out look you so choose

Whilst you're in there, you could do a projector retrofit that would significantly increase your light output and safety on the road.....

Additionally you won't significantly reduce your light output and are less likely to be cited. I detest people who black out their tail lights so that they are practically indiscernible when activated during the day. They are just inviting someone to rear end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode