MECCA - The Goodbye - The Pictures - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM

I have only had my car for about a week now and I gotta say I feel there is something about this community that really has us almost like a family. There is true passion here for our cars and that's probably one of the big reasons this end means so much to us all. With a lesser vehicle I don't think this passion would exist.

My hats are off to all you workers who built my car and those among us. It's an honor to own this automobile that so many of us think as our baby. I'm proud to be driving such a fine car and I owe it all to the workers at Wilmington. I can't say thanks enough!

I really hope if any of you are reading this that you are blessed as much as we are.

2007 Deep Solstice
Fully loaded with every option except Onstar and chrome wheels
Two tone leather, 6 disc changer Monsoon system
License Mod, Opel antenna, tire stem logo'd, custom license plate cover for rear, and windscreen. More to come later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Garage
First time I've linked to the Picasa Web site...let's see if it works..
Picasa Web Albums - grrllthmpsn - Boxwood Plant...

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM

Nice job BellaVerde pics are great!

08 Deep GXP
post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
Dan,

I was just reading your message aloud to Beth, and suddenly I had tears in my eyes and had to take a moment to get back in control. I think you've just said it all the way many of us feel. Thanks.

Dave
Same here. Thank you for sharing
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
Nice job BellaVerde pics are great!

08 Deep GXP
Sol sad

11/08/06 Sly GXP is here!!!!!! I am Sol-Happy!
11/21/05 Aggressive SOL arrives....(11/09/06 sold)

NASSOA
Founding Member #28
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM

Wow so much has been said, that I wish I could have said. Dan your words represent us as a group, because that is how we feel about this car, and the men and women who build them for us.

Thank you all for building this dream car for us.

BIX A BEL Cool, Ebony leather, Chrome, loaded, no XM/onstar Founding member of the "Lost Sols Club"
DDM stage III w/custom CAI
probeam, backbone, tower strut, Exedy Stage II clutch
JPM custom dash, center console, door inserts
Solo SQR2 with Norm's center defused panel
FucuzTech Tri-Y header and high flow cat
DDM Stage III Upgrade here
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Founding Member

Definitely the end of an era, thanks to GM for building it. Its truly a unique car. I am proud to say I have one of the first ones (60) delivered in August of 2005, and I will make my last payment on it in a few days. Its not going anywhere for a long time.

First 1000
Mysterious - Steel/Sand
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 PM

I had to stop reading last week because I got a little dust or something in my eyes.

I wish I'd been able to attend. Thanks to all who represented our community and to the fine men and women who brought us all so much joy. Best of luck as you move on.

Reed

All the leaves are brown and the Sky is that wine color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pep View Post
I think I look rather sexy!!!!
Are you an organ donor?
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomster View Post
I have only had my car for about a week now and I gotta say I feel there is something about this community that really has us almost like a family. There is true passion here for our cars and that's probably one of the big reasons this end means so much to us all. With a lesser vehicle I don't think this passion would exist.

My hats are off to all you workers who built my car and those among us. It's an honor to own this automobile that so many of us think as our baby. I'm proud to be driving such a fine car and I owe it all to the workers at Wilmington. I can't say thanks enough!

I really hope if any of you are reading this that you are blessed as much as we are.
Words well spoken, boomster.

VIN...............6Y101319........................ 6Y115760
Name.........MariSOL Stice
Color..................Sly........................ ...Aggressive
Acquired.........10/15/2005.....................07/11/2014
Died...............02/25/2013
..............RIP, you wonderful car !!!!

Link to Gizmo's Odyssey photos- Gizmo's Odyssey Photo Thread

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 PM

I forgot I took this one at the farewell.

06 Mysterious, vin 110579 came home 2/06.

08 Brazen GXP, Fully loaded came home 9/10.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Pinot in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'!!!!!!!!!! Got that from a junk e-mail but it works!!!
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 07:22 AM

Garage
I'm deeply saddened by the end of production. I go way back of the 'old days' of early 2004 when a hundred of us 'nuts' hung out here talking and waiting for a a car that was still 2 years away. All the trials and tribulations of the Apprentice launch in 2005 and then seeing the car and community take off in the years that followed.

To all the men and women of Wilmington - THANK YOU for all your hard work making kappa a success! The car's short life span was just plain bad timing and factors that were beyond your control. I firmly believe the car would have had a long run and several generations had it not run smack into the worst economy in 70 years.

Thanks to all for posting your pictures.

-2006 VIN #30, First 1000 Series

Pontiac RIP 1926-2009

Last edited by mceb; 08-07-2009 at 07:43 AM.
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 AM

a little sunshine

Sir William's Fleet
Mean 2007 NA 2007 Solstice ordered on 8/24/06 - Picked up on 12/12/06 - Totaled on 6/12/10
Mean 2008 GXP Acquired 6/21/10 with 1275 miles on it - Summer Solstice !
Deep 2009 NA Coupe Acquired 11/2/13 with 1040 miles on it
Mean 2009 GXP Coupe Acquired 8/27/16 with 9100 miles on it
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:41 PM

Thank you Wilmington GM workers who built my Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe #609 - you are the best. I bought my car the thursday of the week the plant shut down, and I was so lucky to find my coupe. I wrote the President to tell him what a wonderful car my Solstice is, and how much I will miss Pontiac. I still have my 04 Sunfire, a great, ballsy little car, my second Sunfire (I had a 97). My very first car was a 1978 Firebird Esprit which was almost the same blue of my Fresh Solstice Coupe but a bit darker. All my Pontiacs were great but my Sol Coupe is the coolest car on earth! Thanks also for posting all the pictures, I had a catch in my throat seeing them and reading everyone's posts. Let's preserve our Solstices and other Pontiacs, we are the keepers of history now.
post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceb View Post
I'm deeply saddened by the end of production. I go way back of the 'old days' of early 2004 when a hundred of us 'nuts' hung out here talking and waiting for a a car that was still 2 years away.

Oh my... what a time that was. That was such a long time ago, but great times none the less!

2006 Pontiac Solstice
VIN 1,715
4,500mi

post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan01 View Post
Oh my... what a time that was. That was such a long time ago, but great times none the less!
Do you remember how excited we all were back then when we saw the first picture the Solstice with the top up? It was a mysterious and was shot from the rear 3/4 passenger side. We were hanging on every word we could read about it and every picture that we could find. I've been saving photos of the Solstice since it was introduced as a concept at the 2002 NAIAS. We had to hang on for 2 years to find out that they were really going to build it. Those were the days.

JimmyO
2007 GXP
They call it the Bumble Bee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode