Rear trunk lid fitment - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By al_c
  • 2 Post By rob the elder
  • 1 Post By joybill44

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Rear trunk lid fitment

Has anyone had body gap fitment issues on the trunk lid? I have noticed the right side near the taillight does has a larger gap than the left. Considering taking it into a body shop to see if it can be adjusted. Car has not been in an accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA8C8E3D-17D7-4EA6-A785-E11945CD9AD5_1557880513802.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	386.3 KB
ID:	96043  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:38 PM

I have heard that there's not much "adjustment" that can be done. Lots of Kappa deck lids get caught by wind and warp easily. Please keep us posted, as I'm a new owner with a similar issue searching for the proper answer as well.

Cheers!

Jamie

www.jamieeads.com
www.thedrumshuffle.com

2007 Solstice 2.4L in Deep
purchased 4/27/19 with 37,688 miles
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Garage
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:15 AM

Location: Phoenix Arizona where there are about 250 days a year for convertible Bebop-ing
Fitment? Good one! Love it! Mine is about 3mm on the left and 5mm on the right.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:35 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
All the body panels except the quarter panels which are glued in place are adjustable. The referenced body adjustment manual above covers the process. Start in the rear and work your way forward.

The trunk lid is highly adjustable. In basically all directions. The hinges offer considerable adjustability. The front side bumpers are also adjustable. In the manual it even covers holding on to the trunk lid and twisting it to address side to side height / gap issues.

I found that the front bumper cover has several mounts on each side and the center top and bottom, all of which are highly adjustable.

Give the adjustment guide a look. I found it very helpful. I printed copies and keep them available for garage day events.
joybill44 and speady1 like this.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
All the body panels except the quarter panels which are glued in place are adjustable. The referenced body adjustment manual above covers the process. Start in the rear and work your way forward.

The trunk lid is highly adjustable. In basically all directions. The hinges offer considerable adjustability. The front side bumpers are also adjustable. In the manual it even covers holding on to the trunk lid and twisting it to address side to side height / gap issues.

I found that the front bumper cover has several mounts on each side and the center top and bottom, all of which are highly adjustable.

Give the adjustment guide a look. I found it very helpful. I printed copies and keep them available for garage day events.
Yep, lots of adjustments there. I even did the twisting thong to get the two forward corners level. It works.

Bill.
rob the elder likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:48 PM

Sorry< no thong!! Don't twist the thong!! I mistyped! I meant thing!!

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode