Say Yes to a Norms Ducktail Spoiler! - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Norm, still want a Normsfiberglass version ducktail spoiler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 06-17-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 06:35 AM

I still want also!!!

Mods... LDK short block P werks tune, P werks CAI/ turbo inlet pipe, P werks hot & cold side piping, P werks rear suspension brace, Pwerks Valve springs, Pwerks intercooler, Pwerks phonelic spacers, Pwerks Hf cat, GM 3bar map sensors, Pwerks cross drilled / slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Pwerks stainless steel break lines, Solo Street race exhaust, street edition headlights, DDM 6000K hids.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

@normsf still hoping you'll make a version of a Ducktail spoiler.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 03:09 PM

Lol!

This is too funny

Mods... LDK short block P werks tune, P werks CAI/ turbo inlet pipe, P werks hot & cold side piping, P werks rear suspension brace, Pwerks Valve springs, Pwerks intercooler, Pwerks phonelic spacers, Pwerks Hf cat, GM 3bar map sensors, Pwerks cross drilled / slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Pwerks stainless steel break lines, Solo Street race exhaust, street edition headlights, DDM 6000K hids.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 01:51 PM

Garage
To each his own! Just wanted to make that clear. I like the lack of over-hanging body work. Less trouble on speedbumps, but the wheels-at-the-corners look is attractive on the Sol. I have wondered what the Kappa would look like with a kamm-back style rear end...
easyryderca likes this.

Envious, NEW Lightsidetop, N/A, VIN # 1G2MB35B97Y114344
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVerde View Post
....... I have wondered what the Kappa would look like with a kamm-back style rear end...
Wouldn't that be a coupe?
Quote:
The design calls for a body with smooth contours that continues to a tail that is abruptly cut off. This shape reduces the drag of the vehicle.

"Kammback" is an American term. In Europe the design is generally known as a Kamm tail or K-tail

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 09:37 AM

I'm very impressed how very tastefully the duct tail was done in some of the pics. I'm personally one for sleekness & not much hang over either. Lots of food for thought with this thread . I wonder what the coupe would have looked like with out the spoiler.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyryderca View Post
I'm very impressed how very tastefully the duct tail was done in some of the pics. I'm personally one for sleekness & not much hang over either. Lots of food for thought with this thread . I wonder what the coupe would have looked like with out the spoiler.
I've read that the individual that was responsible for the coupes production design was GM Creative Lead Designer Jose Gonzales (Franz had left for Mazda by then). There used to be a video on you YT explaining in designer lingo why the spoiler was designed in. Something to do with wanting a specific angle of the fastback and having to add a few inches to the rear to achieve it? Necessitating incorporating a spoiler for the added length? Unfortunately, the video is no longer available.

[/QUOTE]

2002 Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept. I remember back in the day pleading with Pontiac to NOT visually cut the car in half by including the exposed B pillar because it would make a short car look even shorter. Luckily they hid the B pillar under glass.
easyryderca likes this.

Last edited by ChopTop; 01-21-2019 at 11:25 AM.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:40 AM

Garage
Lot of fuss to turn a Kappa into a BMW, but..... (the integration of the centre light is better on the BMW Z4)

Current fleet:
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1958 MGA Twin Cam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently departed: 1965 Jensen CV8, 1969 Lamborghini Islero S, 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 1969 MGC roadster
Mods at https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...thread-102178/

Bill in BC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode