A sorry if I was wrong again have to give me a break was new - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 8Likes
  • 1 Post By Vincent1313
  • 5 Post By CycleCat
  • 1 Post By Greatgab
  • 1 Post By ChopTop
  • 2 Post By Vincent1313

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

A sorry if I was wrong again have to give me a break was new

I am sorry if I was rude or ungrateful or disrespectful. I was new on fourm before. I had just bought car and guy lied to me said he had to reset senors when put in new 02S. Well he straight lied. Was getting a code every time a fixed a code. I was super nerves and super exited I thought a found a home for myself and started posting like crazy and making post for same thing. This I am very sorry for. And I thank everyone for the help. I would love the respect of this fourm. And now have just been reading and learning. So I will do my best to keep post to min and only ask a question 1 time and 1 way to get the help I need if I need it. But I don't want anyone to dislike me or ignore question if I have one. Again I am very sorry if you feel any type of way towards me and if you want a private mesg sorry I will also give. Just please let me know that you guys are still with me.
Thank you very much.
CycleCat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 06:26 PM

Garage
Just slow down and take a breath once in a while. A couple of your posts today were long, rambling and breathless. Break those up into paragraphs and they are easier to read!

We all love our cars too!

Chris

"Sunny" - '08 Brazen Orange 2.4 Auto... 7660 feet up in the mountains
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Ok I got you thank you very much for tip.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:28 AM

All good. As others have said, don't post your question more than once and always search to see if your question has already been asked. That let's you find the answer first, or more importantly, you add your question to the same thread in case your answer wasn't found. This keeps all of the solutions to the same question in one place. That makes it easier for new members to get a full history of what worked and what didn't.

2007 2.4L N/A. Stock + some pretty crap.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Ok now I got the add to other persons post. And ok I thank you very much for advice. That is always welcome here. That is the first thing I will admit. Advice is better then money sometimes. Learned that the hard way so please everyone leave you comments on best ways to post. Don't want to make any more mistakes and take up you good folks time.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 01:24 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Like CycleCat said, just slow down and take a breath. Re-read your posts before submitting and don't be afraid to edit.

Most of the forum members are pretty easy going. This isn't the Cadillac forum.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent1313 View Post
Where are you from? We do have several bi-linqual folks on here.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Quote:
Where are you from? We do have several bi-linqual folks on here.
Me i am from USA Philadelphia I was going nuts when first joined but calm now and also helpful do to last 6 months have had many repairs done. Many codes. But my car always ran so GREAT.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:01 PM

Okay...I'm going to interject. A paragraph of advice. Slow down. Do research on your own before throwing things out there for us to explain. There's plenty of information here. Use the search box in the upper right corner. I was just reading several posts made by you today on several different items. Search for those items and "learn" before asking us if certain items fit/won't fit. A good example is the Razzi Intercooler. There is DDM Works, Hahn and Performance Auto Werks that have ICs that fit our cars.... You might find another 1 or 2 makers..that's it. Not many people make parts for our cars. There are only about 120,000 total Kappa turbo cars out there...that's it. We are not as prevalent as the Cobalt SS, HHR SS or Cadillac ATS LNF motors. Modding your car is difficult as you have found out...and expensive. From your posts, you don't sound like a "car guy", which makes modding your car harder....and more expensive as you've learned. Type out complete thoughts. It appears that English isn't/wasn't your first language from your posts because of all of the missing words, that's why people are asking where you're from. But you need to slow down, do your research, learn...and when you've looked for a day or three for an item or solution, then ask.... Don't post 15 questions about 15 different things in one day. Not trying to be nasty, I'm trying to help you. These guys will help you when you legitimately need it, but continue down the path of 15 questoins and on 15 different subjects and nobody will answer you.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
There are only about 120,000 total Kappa turbo cars out there...that's it.
Don't you wish? There were a total of about 107,700 Kappa cars made before the shutdown, total, Turboed and base. Solstice, Sky, Opel GT and Daewoo G2x included. That's it!

As for the rest of your prior message, you are are right on.

1st 1K - #741
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:49 PM

Garage
Slowing down on mods is a must unless you own a speed shop... you'll never be able to troubleshoot problems if you change too much all at once. It took me six months to mod my 2008 GXP from stock to where it is now. Work out your ultimate goal and build slowly from there, I made sure after each hardware mod, that there were no issues before I started the next mod - that included checking and rechecking my work and driving the car in real world conditions. I changed the complete intake and exhaust before setting up my tune, without ever having a check engine light or any codes. Everything that I have done was in preparation for a future turbo upgrade, but with a focus on keeping the car drivable and reliable along the way. I spent MANY hours reading the trial and errors of others on threads going back to 2007. Remember that this forum is not laid out in a rapidfire 'facebook' style, it is more like a library of Kappa information. Help us keep it clean and on point - thank you for your interest and enthusiasm... and above all, enjoy the best GM roadster ever made!
easyryderca likes this.

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - SaddlX & GearTripR center console - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Me i am from USA Philadelphia I was going nuts when first joined but calm now and also helpful do to last 6 months have had many repairs done. Many codes. But my car always ran so GREAT.
Vincent, you're doing fine, we all went through a learning stage when trying to figure out how the forum works.

My advice do nothing to the car for several months and learn how it performs and handles. These cars have been around long enough where people have a general formula to improve the handling or the performance, or to just keep it stock.

Also, read the owners manual from beginning to end, it contains of wealth of information on how to take care of the car and includes recommendations for when to have parts serviced.

Lastly, welcome to the forum, there are a lot of good folks here who can be very helpful and be happy to help you learn about your car.

Last thing, learn how to lift the car properly or risk damaging the body.
easyryderca likes this.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
Okay...I'm going to interject. A paragraph of advice. Slow down. Do research on your own before throwing things out there for us to explain. There's plenty of information here. Use the search box in the upper right corner. I was just reading several posts made by you today on several different items. Search for those items and "learn" before asking us if certain items fit/won't fit. A good example is the Razzi Intercooler. There is DDM Works, Hahn and Performance Auto Werks that have ICs that fit our cars.... You might find another 1 or 2 makers..that's it. Not many people make parts for our cars. There are only about 120,000 total Kappa turbo cars out there...that's it. We are not as prevalent as the Cobalt SS, HHR SS or Cadillac ATS LNF motors. Modding your car is difficult as you have found out...and expensive. From your posts, you don't sound like a "car guy", which makes modding your car harder....and more expensive as you've learned. Type out complete thoughts. It appears that English isn't/wasn't your first language from your posts because of all of the missing words, that's why people are asking where you're from. But you need to slow down, do your research, learn...and when you've looked for a day or three for an item or solution, then ask.... Don't post 15 questions about 15 different things in one day. Not trying to be nasty, I'm trying to help you. These guys will help you when you legitimately need it, but continue down the path of 15 questoins and on 15 different subjects and nobody will answer you.
Thank you very much for your advice. That is what I need to here.
post #14 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgab View Post
Slowing down on mods is a must unless you own a speed shop... you'll never be able to troubleshoot problems if you change too much all at once. It took me six months to mod my 2008 GXP from stock to where it is now. Work out your ultimate goal and build slowly from there, I made sure after each hardware mod, that there were no issues before I started the next mod - that included checking and rechecking my work and driving the car in real world conditions. I changed the complete intake and exhaust before setting up my tune, without ever having a check engine light or any codes. Everything that I have done was in preparation for a future turbo upgrade, but with a focus on keeping the car drivable and reliable along the way. I spent MANY hours reading the trial and errors of others on threads going back to 2007. Remember that this forum is not laid out in a rapidfire 'facebook' style, it is more like a library of Kappa information. Help us keep it clean and on point - thank you for your interest and enthusiasm... and above all, enjoy the best GM roadster ever made! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
That was very helpful advice thank you very much for the info. Like this fourm very much. And you are right i am just trying to get the check engine light off and will drive it for a while and I have been learning by reading search posts in the past.
The_Ghost and Greatgab like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode