Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Tears for Pontiac..... big dripping tears.....

703 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  njtex 
#1 · (Edited)
Well.................

It saddens me that Pontiac has apparently died.

Most seem to want to blame the unions........ I wonder.........

What kind of money was going to the fat cats at the top?

I know while DuPont was losing it's butt, it was paying obscene salaries to the dumb-asses at the top

And our state University keeps paying millions to coaches for severence just to get their sorry asses to leave, then throws millions more to new coaches ...... in a never ending cycle.........

Anyway, however it all happened........it breaks my heart.

A truly great car has apparently died..............

**But I will always love my Solstice........ always"

See less See more
#2 ·
Every one want's to blame the working stiff. He doesn't deserve a living wage, health care or god forbid a retirement. I belong to the IUOE and after 40 years of hard work I was able to retire with some health care and a pension that allowed me some dignity. FTW

#3 ·
Doggone right, I'll miss it. World politics trumps common sense again!

As for the fat cats...anyone out there have the cost per vehicle manufactured (CPVM) for the CEO of GM? AND the CPVM for an "average" GM assembly line worker. Let's compare apples to apples and get an idea of what each adds to the cost of a GM car.

Were the fat cats overpaid? Not if you don't think pro sports figures are. They both negotiated and got what they could. Fair enough. Were the fat cats overpaid based on performance? H3LL Y3S!

As for Hap. Glad for you man. Really. You represent what was right about unionization. A fair wage for good work. The real shame is that now your young compatriots have to compete with Indian and Chinese workers happy to get $.55/hr. And we Americans who, by (buy?) and large will always vote for the ferengi with our pocketbooks.

#4 ·
It's not management or unions to blame, we just have a problem here supporting our own home industry. Despite Hollywood's depiction of American bravado, we're simply a Nation that loves to pee in our own beds. :(

On the bright side, import buyers will also have to bend over bigtime too in the forlorn hope of ever paying off our bankrupt funds for bailouts, stimulus, unemployment insurance, federal pension insurance, and federal maintenance of critical industries/education bases.

Maybe taking out that second mortgage to buy that import of your dreams really wasn't such a good smart deal afterall? :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.