Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Up to date trunk LED info?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Knight 
#1 ·
As part of the rebirth process on the GXP, I removed the trunk liner to make it easier for the body shop. Now in the process of my placing the finishing touches on the car and putting the liner back in, I'd like to replace that little hot as hell incandescent trunk light bulb with an led. Did anyone ever find a definitive bulb in the 921 led replacement variety that will fit? I've read pages of posts, gone to dead links, looked at numbers for discontinued bulbs, and gazed at incomplete size information on available bulbs with lumen and light color specs all over the spectrum (pun intended).

The stock glass bulb is 36mm from top to the glass tit on the base and is 15mm in diameter.

Deciphering led sizes is not helping, with information simply stating "oversize". Might work for a garden light, but for our cars???

If I missed the information in the archives I apologize for asking and will happily accept the information so I can button this up.

Thanks,

Richard Snipes

#4 ·
Bill,

Thank you for your helpful information. The ONZIUM site is interesting. I waded around and could never find the fixture your referenced. Do you have a link or part number? I could just go with the DiodeDynamics (found that one),but wanted to see what the other site offers. Lumen output is key.

Appreciate your time, Richard

#5 ·
go to OZNIUM and search under LED headlights. they list a T10 5x5050 plug in LED bulb, 28mm x 11mm x 11mm size. It is for license plates, footwells, etc.. This may be what you want. for $1.66 each, they may be worth a try, if the base works.

Bill.

#6 ·
I forgot to mention. the single 5050 red LEDs are what I used to illuminate my instruments and they are really bright. can read them in daylight with the top down now. Each of the t10 5x5050 have five of the 5050 LEDs in them. Don't know if I read the specs right but believe the t10 has a total of 55 lumens.

Bill.

#9 ·
Thank you, sir....I am interested in the instrument lights too, as I can see virtually nothing in the tunnels, with the black GXP faces. Looking at Black Cat customs cluster facing too.
Blackcat also sells backlight kits in various colors, but they do require soldering on (FYI). The one (small) problem with theirs is that the gas gauge light is too bright and does not match the big dials - at least in the white ones that I got. I had to solder a resistor in series to dim them a bit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.