What did you do to your solstice today? - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 270Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 04:30 AM

I picked mine up from the dealer for the fifth time in three months trying to fix the same sputtering/loss of power issue. This time, they replaced a 'clogged cat' to fix the issue. Same crap happened 20 minutes into my drive home. Time to take it back in again. I'm done with this P.O.S. Looking at a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab now. I'm so over GM after all these years. Yes, this is the most beautiful roadster ever built, and a blast to drive when it's running right, but I've had all I can take with the inconvenience of depending on it to get from point A to point B.

GMPP Stage II tune
K&N drop in air filter
Solo Mach Shorty exhaust
Infinity Kappas

Next up....Solo Cat and some sort of subwoofer to add some bass to the non-Monsoon system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashed View Post
I picked mine up from the dealer for the fifth time in three months trying to fix the same sputtering/loss of power issue. This time, they replaced a 'clogged cat' to fix the issue. Same crap happened 20 minutes into my drive home. Time to take it back in again. I'm done with this P.O.S. Looking at a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab now. I'm so over GM after all these years. Yes, this is the most beautiful roadster ever built, and a blast to drive when it's running right, but I've had all I can take with the inconvenience of depending on it to get from point A to point B.
i'm sorry to hear this.
post #33 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Just incase either you or the dealer have NOT solder the GMPP connectors it will never work right.
So if that is the case the P.O.S has nothing to do with the car but instead not doing the installation correctly as has been pointed out in this forum numerous times.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #34 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Thrashed. I know some are thinking you have GMPP tune but I haven't seen anything from you on whether you do or not, if so they offer wisdom.

I know you feel just "done" and angry with it now, but there was an offer from GM customer service on the clogged cat thread to follow up with your dealer if you give them the vin# etc.

So what about doing that anyway with a request for assistance on proper diagnosis? They may intervene on your behalf.

Just a friendly idea. I liked your posts and would hate to lose you from the community.

GODROD
Solo Dio

SoloDio
2008 Brazen Orange GXP
post #35 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Venom - Yeah, I'll be taking it back again and they're going to give me another rental. P.O.S. still stands, as the connections are soldered.

Godrod, Overland Park is an awesome place! I've been out there about a dozen times this year on business, and haven't eaten at the same restaraunt twice! Can't decide between Gates and Oklahoma Joe's for barbeque. Might have revisit both of those on the next trip! We went out to Kansas Speedway last time. That Caraba's next to it is amazing. I love going out there. It's definitely not what I pictured Kansas to look like!

GMPP Stage II tune
K&N drop in air filter
Solo Mach Shorty exhaust
Infinity Kappas

Next up....Solo Cat and some sort of subwoofer to add some bass to the non-Monsoon system.
post #36 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Venom - Yeah, I'll be taking it back again and they're going to give me another rental. P.O.S. still stands, as the connections are soldered.

Godrod, Overland Park is an awesome place! I've been out there about a dozen times this year on business, and haven't eaten at the same restaraunt twice! Can't decide between Gates and Oklahoma Joe's for barbeque. Might have revisit both of those on the next trip! We went out to Kansas Speedway last time. That Caraba's next to it is amazing. I love going out there. It's definitely not what I pictured Kansas to look like!
Yeah we get that a lot. Stinkin Wizard of Oz movie. People come here and they are like "Whoa pretty cosmopolitan place" (though west of here looks jut like it).

Next time you are this way look me up and we will dine like Bulls. Lol

GODROD
Solo Dio

SoloDio
2008 Brazen Orange GXP
post #37 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Garage
I love the bbq joints in Overland Park! Used to go all the time when I worked for Universal Underwriters.
post #38 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 PM

We just figured everything was so new because they're constantly rebuilding from the tornados! ;-) Fox and Hound across from Embassy Suites on Metcalf Ave is another place that was fun to hang out at for the night!

GMPP Stage II tune
K&N drop in air filter
Solo Mach Shorty exhaust
Infinity Kappas

post #39 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=GODROD;1099730]Yeah we get that a lot. Stinkin Wizard of Oz movie. People come here and they are like "Whoa pretty cosmopolitan place" (though west of here looks just like it).

It probably doesn't help that you fly over a bunch of cows prior to landing at an airport that's like 60 years old and hasn't ever been renovated when you arrive!

GMPP Stage II tune
K&N drop in air filter
Solo Mach Shorty exhaust
Infinity Kappas

post #40 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Unfortunately, we abused our Sol a bit this weekend. Halloween Camping trip (annual event.) The 2nd time since we've owned it that it has seen rain. But the "costume" was too good to not do it, so I'll spend a little time over the next week getting rid of water spots and cleaning things back up!

post #41 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 PM

Installed my new air dam, had to grow a third arm to get it done. I'll need to wait on the right side gasket untill GM manufactures a new batch. Started to install my trunk lights, decided to use the truck bed lights from advanced. Used the same ones for the floorpan lights, plenty bright. Ordered a backup camera with night vision and 2 small wireless hubs to go with it, still need a mirror and pins.

I'm on vaca this week trying to fill the time in. I have some mocking up to do. I want to use contact paper to make the 2 small grilles into one, to see the real thing. I received my led's and sockets while on the road, going to weld in the yellow turn signals on the fender and install 2 led's one marker and one turn signal. Washing and waxing along with cleaning the garage out.

Last edited by Brian15501; 10-07-2012 at 08:01 PM.
post #42 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 PM

I started making the "hockey puck" rear lift pads...
Hubert

2007 NA, K&N Intake, Borla Exhaust, LatinVenom front chassis brace, DDM Backbone, Probeam and mild tune.
post #43 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Garage
painted silver trim around the windshield gloss black

2006 "Aggressive" Solstice
view MY GARAGE for more details
post #44 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM

De-badged
post #45 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Founding Member

Garage
Cool

Splitter Mark II, just in time for RR12!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2225.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	19880  

eCar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode