What did you do to your solstice today? - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 258Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:47 PM

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 ...and hit 110k miles!!

...getting my sol ready for a homecoming appearance this weekend!

Last edited by JesseB; 10-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 AM

Hi, I'm new to this forum & trying to figure out how to use it but I keep getting blocked.... there watching me to see if I'm a spammer or not.... I'm not. I have a 2008 convertible base, owned for 6 months now. I'd ;ove to find other owners in central FL., are there any clubs down here? would love to join forces with others & do a ride sometime. Oh yesterday, I back to blacked the honeycomb thing on the rear of my car... it was a pain but it looks so much better.
post #48 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 PM

Garage
Read about Mother's clay on the forum. Tried it out for the first time today. Worked great.
post #49 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Garage
Clayed mine a few weeks ago and it looks great and feels sooooo smooth!
post #50 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 01:21 AM

1) Did my first oil change on this car.
2) Washed it.
3) on my way out of Advance Auto Parts I got flagged down by a fellow driver who's GXP looked the spitting image of mine. He is a great guy and very enthusiastic about the car. We spent good deal of time trading notes on the cars and I told him about this forum. (I'm on the right side)

GODROD
Solo Dio

SoloDio
2008 Brazen Orange GXP

Last edited by GODROD; 10-16-2012 at 01:33 AM.
post #51 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Just drove her into work this morning, and now have to make a hard choice.
I could 1. build the le5, N/A with an overall goal of 220 hp at the crank and keep it in the safe zone. 2. i could slap a turbo on it from hahn.. or 3. Supercharge it . they all sounds so good to me i don't know what to do
post #52 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 AM

I had a DDM Stage III supercharger system that I installed on my car before I had the V8 put in. I highly recommend that system if you stay with the stock engine. If you decide to go that route, I could help you install it We are neighbors, I believe.

06 SLY, LS3/480 V8, Tremec 6 speed, 3.23 positraction Getrag diff, custom stainless steel true dual exhaust system w/high flow cats, carbon fiber rear valance, red pc calipers, DDM Works Stage 1 brake upgrade, garage door opener, custom fuse box cover, Red anodized engine covers, DDM Works console, Lambo doors, clear bra, DDM Works red racing backbone, DDM Works red pro beam, twin horns, Opel GT radio antenna, upgraded tires, conv top cover, de-badged, chrome rings around A/C controls
post #53 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

to my understanding the 06-07 had forged internals, my car is sold as an 08 model, but rolled out of the factory 07 07, so i need to check and see what internals i have. I love taking long drive, the supercharger won't get heatsoak on a 2.5+ hour drive? I was thinking about doing an Ls1 swap, but the power gains from it, can be achieved with a turbo or even a supercharger, so it's not really worth it in my opinion unless i would go with an ls3. I also thought about a 2jz swap, but after reading about the crankwalk these babies get i want to steer clear of them until later on. I love the sound of the supercharger, and the fact that it's instant boost. the heatsoak is a major concern. i've heard horror stories about the cobalts and the blower just staking a dump on them. A good friend of mine had a stage 2 cobalt SS and the poor thing didn't stand a chance. I want to avoid catastropic engine failure. i understand that with modifications that this is always something that can happen, but with the right tune, and proper maint. It doesn't have to. I gotta do some serious thinking about this. Did you ever expereince any issues cooper1340s ?
post #54 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 08:47 AM

I never had any problems with the supercharger. Car drove great and cruised just fine. The performance enhancement made the car really fun to drive and I had zero issues with it. Pover is there from idle up and there is no lag. for street driving, the supercharger is superior in response to a turbo. Turbo will give you more power at high rpm, which I did not need on the street. I put 20,000 miles on the engine with the supercharger on it with zero problems. I just like the torque and sound of a V8, that is why I replaced the supercharged four with a LS3/480.

06 SLY, LS3/480 V8, Tremec 6 speed, 3.23 positraction Getrag diff, custom stainless steel true dual exhaust system w/high flow cats, carbon fiber rear valance, red pc calipers, DDM Works Stage 1 brake upgrade, garage door opener, custom fuse box cover, Red anodized engine covers, DDM Works console, Lambo doors, clear bra, DDM Works red racing backbone, DDM Works red pro beam, twin horns, Opel GT radio antenna, upgraded tires, conv top cover, de-badged, chrome rings around A/C controls
post #55 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM

Another coat of wax....Getting ready for winter storage...

Hold On, We are going for a ride !
Mallett Conversion
post #56 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM

Storage? I don't see that happening for another month or so. I've been "informed" that I'm washing the Sol so the boss can take it for a spin today after work (64 and sunny in the forecast.) This, of course, is necessary because she was caught in a downpour on Sunday.
post #57 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1340s View Post
I never had any problems with the supercharger. Car drove great and cruised just fine. The performance enhancement made the car really fun to drive and I had zero issues with it. Pover is there from idle up and there is no lag. for street driving, the supercharger is superior in response to a turbo. Turbo will give you more power at high rpm, which I did not need on the street. I put 20,000 miles on the engine with the supercharger on it with zero problems. I just like the torque and sound of a V8, that is why I replaced the supercharged four with a LS3/480.
I will pm you some more question about this. thank you or your input
post #58 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Just in Case......

Hold On, We are going for a ride !
Mallett Conversion
post #59 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 AM

I made up this shorty intake using spare parts I had laying around. It really didnt change anything sound or performance wise, but it cleaned up the engine bay nicely so I'll leave it in.

I also did a quickie photo shoot with my two GM babies! Unfortunately they both have to stay outside until I get around to building my "Man Cave" garage! lol

post #60 of 1610 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerDave View Post
I made up this shorty intake using spare parts I had laying around. It really didnt change anything sound or performance wise, but it cleaned up the engine bay nicely so I'll leave it in.

I also did a quickie photo shoot with my two GM babies! Unfortunately they both have to stay outside until I get around to building my "Man Cave" garage! lol

very nice where did the pipe come from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode