What did you do to your solstice today? - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 270Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMotorsport View Post
very nice where did the pipe come from?
I bought it from autozone probably 8yrs ago, its been on three or four cars since then. For this application I hacksawed about 8" off the long end. I didnt have any problems with the 3" elbow fitting the 2.75" TB, it clamped down just fine and it sealed all the way around. However It would be best to buy the correct 2.75" to 3" elbow.

update: I just talked to my friend that is a manager at autozone. They still stock this intake, its made by Spectre.

Last edited by RacerDave; 10-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerDave View Post
I bought it from autozone probably 8yrs ago, its been on three or four cars since then. For this application I hacksawed about 8" off the long end. I didnt have any problems with the 3" elbow fitting the 2.75" TB, it clamped down just fine and it sealed all the way around. However It would be best to buy the correct 2.75" to 3" elbow.

update: I just talked to my friend that is a manager at autozone. They still stock this intake, its made by Spectre.
thank you. stopping there after work
post #63 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

I'm getting it back today !!!
post #64 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 AM

Garage
bought a kicker cvt 10" shallow mount subwoofer, 2 mdf board spacer rings, and the monsoon rear partition panel/waterfall, and also customized my monsoon enclosure.

If interested, be on the lookout the next few days for my complete thread!!!

2006 "Aggressive" Solstice
view MY GARAGE for more details
post #65 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'ROCK got SOL! View Post
bought a kicker cvt 10" shallow mount subwoofer, 2 mdf board spacer rings, and the monsoon rear partition panel/waterfall, and also customized my monsoon enclosure.

If interested, be on the lookout the next few days for my complete thread!!!
Sounds like you're doing something similar to what I did recently with my sub setup. I put an Alpine SWR-T10 thin 10" sub into my monsoon enclosure. I put some second skin dampener on the contoured portions of the back, and a slab of dynamat on the top flat portion above the sub.

I stacked 2 3/4" MDF rings, polyurethane glued them together, and then epoxied the rings to the box. I used silicone to make sure it was air tight.

I'm powering the Alpine sub with a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 900W x 1 mounted behind the driver's seat. The Soundstream Reference 500SX 250W x 2 powers the front Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" woofers, also mounted on stacked MDF rings. There's a third amp (Alpine MRV-F540) in the trunk to power the tactile transducer in my seat (200W x 1), and the rear Aura 4" speakers. (100W x 2)

Take pics and let us know how it goes.
post #66 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Sky View Post
Sounds like you're doing something similar to what I did recently with my sub setup. I put an Alpine SWR-T10 thin 10" sub into my monsoon enclosure. I put some second skin dampener on the contoured portions of the back, and a slab of dynamat on the top flat portion above the sub.

I stacked 2 3/4" MDF rings, polyurethane glued them together, and then epoxied the rings to the box. I used silicone to make sure it was air tight.

I'm powering the Alpine sub with a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 900W x 1 mounted behind the driver's seat. The Soundstream Reference 500SX 250W x 2 powers the front Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" woofers, also mounted on stacked MDF rings. There's a third amp (Alpine MRV-F540) in the trunk to power the tactile transducer in my seat (200W x 1), and the rear Aura 4" speakers. (100W x 2)

Take pics and let us know how it goes.
EXACT SAME THING that I'm working on now but I have painted my mdf rings black just because I like painting!

I have a couple questions for you...

First, what is the stuff inside your box?

Second, (I ASSume you have the monsoon waterfall/partition panel), so did you have to cut out anything on the monsoon waterfall or did everything fit in good? I have added the monsoon to my non-monsoon SOL and have the monsoon waterfall on order now.

Be on the lookout, I will most likely PM you any more questions I have just so we don't hijack this thread! I get on this forum all the time so I'm a quick responder

2006 "Aggressive" Solstice
view MY GARAGE for more details
post #67 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

hope you guys upnorth are safe. drove her to work, and can not wait to get more power out of her -__-
post #68 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'ROCK got SOL! View Post
I have a couple questions for you...

First, what is the stuff inside your box?

Second, (I ASSume you have the monsoon waterfall/partition panel), so did you have to cut out anything on the monsoon waterfall or did everything fit in good?

Be on the lookout, I will most likely PM you any more questions I have just so we don't hijack this thread!
Why not just start another thread on this topic that you are interested in.
Other members including myself would like to know more about the larger woofer speaker fitment behind the waterfall back panel.
post #69 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:49 PM

Just received Norms GXP splitter for an eventual NA to GXP fascia replica.

2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

LowLife handle simply means likes lowered cars
post #70 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 12:21 AM

Garage
Installed new shifter.

post #71 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 06:22 AM

Garage
Like I said at the other forum

I LOVE THAT NEW STICK OF YOURS!!!!
post #72 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CoolSolstice View Post
Installed new shifter...
Wow! I like that! makes me wish I could do blue accents but my car is green so it doesnt flow well... very cool mod!
post #73 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CoolSolstice View Post
Installed new shifter.

how much of a pita was that? 1-10?
post #74 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM

Today I found out my Fujita cold-air intake is not legal and could not get a smog cert. Had to order all the parts from gmpartsdirect.com for a total of $133 plus shipping and handling. Last weekend I replaced both broken door handles. I'm still having fun!

#1352 Mysterious black. Ordered 4/15. Delivered 11/25. First ticket 11/27
post #75 of 1631 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlackE31 View Post
Today I found out my Fujita cold-air intake is not legal and could not get a smog cert. Had to order all the parts from gmpartsdirect.com for a total of $133 plus shipping and handling. Last weekend I replaced both broken door handles. I'm still having fun!
That's tuff to believe, it's only an airbox, right, a CAI, and all the smog plumbing is still attached as it should be? Did he happen to quote you the CVC covering it's use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode