Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Coupe Sightings -POST HERE-

8K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  WickedMike 
#1 · (Edited)
I didn’t see one out there already but I figure it would be fun to have a sightings thread that we can all post to.

Yesterday I saw this NA Mysterious Coupe on I-35 in OKC/Norman, OK headed South.

I think it’s the same guy who had the blue coupes that were sold to Napoli. He drives them around quite a bit. A flipper who puts mileage on them before asking high prices. Strange.This one was in okay shape. Tag was expired, and he had tape covering the IP where the airbag light is.

Still... all that being said. It was a fun sight to see and I’m glad to have the opportunity to see a friend!

My dad saw a Merlot coupe driving around the city last week. Possibly the same guy. Wish I could have gotten VINs.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
does this one count sitting in the dealer showroom ?

this is 926 which I visited last fall...

I never see a coupe on the road unless they are my own.
I have not even seen SolstOpel's car in over a year...

#5 ·
I see one about every month, all be it the same one. It is midnight blue/ming. Very nice looking car. Saw one in Phoenix about a year ago, it was the one of the ugliest ducks I have ever seen. NA, solid gray, not metalic, low number and painted wheels. Yuck was the comment the wife made about it. Supposed to be very rare if I remember the story correctly.

Did see a black one Hemet about 2 months ago. Really not a big deal to me. Out here you see far more Sky's than any type of Solstice. On our runs Sky's easily out number the Solstice 2, sometimes 3 to one.

The vice president of our club drives a Solstice, midnight/ming. She is always disappointed that more Solstice don't show up. What is it with you guys. Made a special event for some guy visiting from Wisconsin to see some Solstices while he was out here. He didn't show up nor a single Solstice. Only 3 Sky's though. But we got a lot of looks. Quit hiding these things, the more people see them, the more interest it creates, be it a coupe or vert.

#6 ·
I've seen two in Northern Ohio last year a silver (Cool )one near my house on RT 82 Columbia Station and a red (Aggressive )one in Sheffield Village by the Quaker Steak and Lube Sunday cruise in both had elderly drivers . Other than the ones on dealers lots I've never seen another on the road here .

#7 ·
NEO coupes

I used to see the Cool one for sale on Autotrader now when I had to take an alternate route home from work. It would be exiting 480 W as I was heading south on Tiedeman. That was when I had my 07 Sly Sol back in 2012 and that was the only one I had the pleasure of spotting. I was surprised to see it on Autotrader last year when I found my # 171 listed. I haven't seen any since then but you'll have to keep your eye out for mine now. I drive mine all year round. I'll be the "elderly" gentleman behind the wheel and usually can be seen on the west side as well.

#8 ·
I live in the wilderness ... I've never seen one. As a matter of fact, the only Solstice of any kind that I've ever seen up close and personal is the roadster that I own. Other than that, the only one I've ever seen is a picture of a roadster that periodically becomes my desktop background and has for a number of years now.

#9 · (Edited)
I live in Northern San Diego county, California. When I first was shopping? for coupes a couple years ago...or close to that.... More accurately I was "researching" coupes... anyway, A couple months later I spotted one in a Townhouse complex I was working at. I stopped by several times and finally talked to the owner who used to be GM employee and bought through their program. I had a nice conversation and told him I liked his car a lot, etc... I had not seen him nor the car in a year or more. The day I bought mine, I stopped in the area and knocked on a couple doors to find he was still there, but "out"....

Attachments

#10 ·
So I stopped by a couple days later to get our "group" pic.

Heck, it was a friend that posted a pic of one he had seen down in San Diego to prompt me to "Look again" to see what was for sale and find my manual GXP for sale locally..! Thanks go to my friend...lol... he has since got a VIN pic and both have been added to the registry...

Now to get REALLY weird... a VERY good Lady friend from the past has a new BF and HE has a Cool manual GXP coupe too... Have yet to get his info to add..

Attachments

#13 ·
360z

Spotted what I thought was a coupe while waiting in the drive thru pharmacy at the local Walmart. It was pretty far away but I would have bet it was a coupe. Then a Corvette drove up and parked between us blocking my view. Both drivers got out and were talking. As soon as I got my prescription I drove over there to talk to the owner.

It turned out to be a Nissan 360. Boy did it look like a Solstice from afar. :frown2:
LJ

#18 ·
Not me, but that makes 3 cool coupes in So Cal... unless it is the one I know of in Alpine travelling a bit..

#20 ·
Its a world of small coincidences.. As a previous post just mentioned one in Tampa last weekend... I was in Tampa then... but not at a car show..

#22 ·
spotted #459 ( GXP , automatic ) at a car show in Voorhees, NJ today...

I spoke with Joe P.

I told him all about this forum. Hopefully he will join.

Attachments

#27 ·
...met up with BlueBerryCoupe at NASSAM 2019. Does that count ? >:)

( me on the left, him on the right . Hard to tell in the photo, but both are deep/blue cars )

Attachments

Reactions: easyryderca
#29 ·
I am sure you will try ! The runs are long it seems, but something will pop up...

#30 · (Edited)
Coupes at NASSAM 2019. Corning NY

Was able to get five coupes together today at nassam2019. There are about five additional coupes that were not available. Attending the meet were
3 - Wicked
2 - Mysterious
2 - Deep
1 - Brazen
2 - Aggressive

Sirwm: got best coupe at car show award with his Deep coupe

Attachments

#31 · (Edited)
... spotted #336 ( GXP auto with GMPP ) at the Atlantic City (NJ) Auto Show and auction.
Looks like it was going up for auction. Asking price of $34,500. It only had 7,000 miles on it.

Attachments

Reactions: RedOne07
#32 ·
spotted #296 at a car cruise in Medford, NJ ( gxp - stick ).
Only 3,400 miles on the car...

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Owner lives in Columbus, NJ ( car is red/aggressive , not orange/brazen )

Reactions: RedOne07
#33 ·
Thanks for posting! Have entered current information on cpe registry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.