Might Have to Sell #339 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Might Have to Sell #339

I may have to sell #339. (White, GXP, Auto)

There's a 50% chance I have to move and buy a house. Reason why I may have to sell the Solstice, is I need 80k for the 20% down on the new house.

I just bought a 2017 GrandSport earlier this summer and I'm not sure if I should sell the vette or the solstice.

The Solstice has 18,000 miles, GM Upgrade kit, tinted windows, and the blue stripe is painted on, not a decal.

Any clue what the going rate for the Coupe would be?

2010, Cyber Grey - Camaro SS #16234 (SOLD)
2009, Pure - Solstice Coupe #339
2017, Grand Sport Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 07:50 PM

You're probably realistically looking at 20 to 25 grand price range but again these things have been all over the place as far as price goes . There is a dealer in Connecticut ,Napoli Classics who seems to have a few coupes for sale at all times and his asking prices start in the 30's and go up from there you might want to try him if you want a quick sale and see what he will offer if that's the way you want to go .Another thing to take into consideration is depending on what part of the country you're in a lot of people are either storing or have stored their cars for the winter so that makes an already small market smaller .I like Corvettes I've owned a few but anymore they are a dime a dozen and the coupe is pretty rare for me that's why I would keep it . Good luck with the sale on either car

Last edited by Sting Ya; 11-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
keep the Sol. The vette is common and the price will drop when they start selling the mid-engine vettes.
Sting Ya and raygun like this.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 06:00 AM

looking at this thread https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f.../index113.html,
the prices are from 17k to 60k.
( I am ignoring the recent spam listing of 12k )

...luck of the draw...
Sting Ya likes this.

Sir William's Fleet
Mean 2007 NA 2007 Solstice ordered on 8/24/06 - Picked up on 12/12/06 - Totaled on 6/12/10
Mean 2008 GXP Acquired 6/21/10 with 1275 miles on it - Summer Solstice !
Deep 2009 NA Coupe Acquired 11/2/13 with 1040 miles on it
Mean 2009 GXP Coupe Acquired 8/27/16 with 9100 miles on it
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
keep the Sol. The vette is common and the price will drop when they start selling the mid-engine vettes.
Ditto. If the Corvette was a 53 through 72 I'd say keep the vette. Then again, maybe you could advertise both of them at the same time and whichever one sells first you keep the one that didn't. I'd value the coupe around $23-30,000.
Sting Ya likes this.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 11-09-2017 at 12:47 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys. Not 100% sure I have to, it would just make it easier down the road. I agree the Solstice is more rare than the Vette, but the Vette is damn nice too. LOL

Not in love with the Vette, I bought it as a logical decision maker, not a heart one. I sold my 2010 Camaro for the vette... Was looking at the GrandSport and a 5th Gen Viper... I think I should have got the Viper, so I may sell the Vette and pick up a 5th gen down the road.

Still trying to sell my Kit Car I was building too.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Keep the GS

If you need 80k you will likely have to sell both. I also have a GS and a coupe. If I had to keep just one it would be the GS. It's a much better car.
The Coupes are not appreciating as I thought they would.
LJ
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Oh, no.. .I have 60k already... don't need to sell both.

Yeah, the Vette is 100 times better than the coupe, as it should be for the price and age difference.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 12:49 PM

And the depreciation on the Vette will be way more than the coupe if you were to hang on to both . I like to keep up with prices on cars that I like a few years ago when the ZR1 Corvette came out they were over a hundred grand not continuing taxes and fees I've seen super low mileage ones lately go in the 60 grand price range you're talking a 50 grand hit and these were supposed to be collector material . Don't know what you paid for the coupe but for the sake of argument let's say 30 grand ( I know dealers were offering big discounts on them when Pontiac was going out of business ) and you get 25 grand today for it that's a 5 grand hit and I do believe the prices will start to level out and should go up . the Vette on the other hand will continue to depreciate especially as Rob pointed out they come out with a mid engine cause the majority of new owners are older males and will want the new best thing to impress all the boys at the country club .
franknbeans likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 01:09 PM

I would sell both and focus on making the house completely yours, instead of the bank's
Sting Ya and stevebot39 like this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 03:17 PM

Location: Cleveland Heights OH in summer, Tucson AZ in Winter
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I may have to sell #339. (White, GXP, Auto)

There's a 50% chance I have to move and buy a house. Reason why I may have to sell the Solstice, is I need 80k for the 20% down on the new house.

I just bought a 2017 GrandSport earlier this summer and I'm not sure if I should sell the vette or the solstice.

The Solstice has 18,000 miles, GM Upgrade kit, tinted windows, and the blue stripe is painted on, not a decal.

Any clue what the going rate for the Coupe would be?
Auto or manual? Where are you located?
44thSKY likes this.

SteveBot39
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ

Summer Solstice, Cleveland Heights OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
And the depreciation on the Vette will be way more than the coupe if you were to hang on to both . I like to keep up with prices on cars that I like a few years ago when the ZR1 Corvette came out they were over a hundred grand not continuing taxes and fees I've seen super low mileage ones lately go in the 60 grand price range you're talking a 50 grand hit and these were supposed to be collector material . Don't know what you paid for the coupe but for the sake of argument let's say 30 grand ( I know dealers were offering big discounts on them when Pontiac was going out of business ) and you get 25 grand today for it that's a 5 grand hit and I do believe the prices will start to level out and should go up . the Vette on the other hand will continue to depreciate especially as Rob pointed out they come out with a mid engine cause the majority of new owners are older males and will want the new best thing to impress all the boys at the country club .
Great thought process. I paid 28k for the Solstice and have about 2k into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebot39 View Post
Auto or manual? Where are you located?

In the comment, you quoted. White, GXP, AUTO

Located north of Pittsburgh, PA

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Founding Member

The lovers of the coupe that is nothing more than a convertible with a hard top.
The Vette, specially the GS makes not only the coupe but some of the more exotics not that good, when you compare price vs performance of the GS.
The mid engine Vette if it ever comes out will be in the 150K plus territory, maybe even higher since the ZR1 will probably be well north of 120K.
I love my 2007 Solstice GXP, lots of fun to drive and my 2015 Z51 3LT is a different animal that should never be compare with the Solstice.
Sell the coupe while someone may give you the $$ you need in a quick sale.
franknbeans likes this.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 08:39 AM

I'm with Redone.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 08:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMJones View Post
The Coupes are not appreciating as I thought they would.
LJ
Yeah, I remember the discussions we had back a few years. On the other hand, they have depreciated more slowly than I had feared, so not a bad situation for an owner, as long as one wasn't looking for a payday bonanza when they sold the car.

Compared to the convertibles, the performance has been brilliant. I think that there are a few people like me that just wanted a coupe and wouldn't have bought the open version, but I think for the most part that coupe pricing has just been affected by rarity.

While the coupe seems to sell for $20-30K, what does the equivalent convertible go for? Mid teens?
WickedMike and Sting Ya like this.

Current fleet:
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1958 MGA Twin Cam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently departed: 1965 Jensen CV8, 1969 Lamborghini Islero S, 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 1969 MGC roadster
Mods at https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...thread-102178/

Bill in BC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode