Another remote key fob programming question - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SolCal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Another remote key fob programming question

I know this is a commonly-asked question, with many helpful answers already posted. Nevertheless, I beg your indulgence.

I believe I have searched all the related posts I can find on this topic, but have not found an answer to this specific question: does anyone know of a programming dongle for sale that is not limited as to the number of times it can be used to program a remote, or a set of remotes?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:14 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I've not heard of one. Sorry

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Rob. If you don't know about one, they probably don't exist; so I'll (reluctantly) pop for one of the disposables.

Thanks again for your knowledge base! It's a huge help to us!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertllr View Post
I know this is a commonly-asked question, with many helpful answers already posted. Nevertheless, I beg your indulgence.

I believe I have searched all the related posts I can find on this topic, but have not found an answer to this specific question: does anyone know of a programming dongle for sale that is not limited as to the number of times it can be used to program a remote, or a set of remotes?

Thanks!
I tried Dorman, but it didn't work. Ended up buying a fob from a locksmith that included the programming, but their computers didn't work either. So I took it to the local dealer to see if they could do it or find the issue and they got it programmed with no problem.

---
al_c
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:28 AM

Garage
I am in the sky world but don't expect it to be different. I used the dorman 13732 fob/programmer (w/o remote start) and was able to reprogram the 1 fob I had with the two new ones I bought.

2009 Sky Redline Black/Cashmere
RPM STG3, Highflow cat, RPM Intercooler, DDM Braces, WindRestrictor, Short Shifter, Apline Halo9

I am a GM Employee within GCCX (OnStar) and my postings are my own personal opinions.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, all!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:11 PM

The Dorman does work and you can get them anywhere. The thing is that the 06 has a different fob program than every other year so you have to make sure you get the right one. I learned this from having an 06 and an 07....and having to buy 2 programmers.
Shaunendo likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolCal View Post
The Dorman does work and you can get them anywhere. The thing is that the 06 has a different fob program than every other year so you have to make sure you get the right one. I learned this from having an 06 and an 07....and having to buy 2 programmers.

Which one did you purchase for the 2006 model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode