Factory Upgrade Tune - Where did the Elway Chevrolet guys go? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Factory Upgrade Tune - Where did the Elway Chevrolet guys go?

Three q's here...

1) Somebody pulled in front of my 09 Solstice Coupe. It took the shop 6 months to find parts and fix it. I have it back but an engine code says it's running rich. Took it to a dealer (Lyall) and they don't work tunes. I have the factory tune upgrade for more HP. Does anybody know if the wreck or maybe having the battery (likely) disconnected for a long time could do this?

2) Does anybody know where ...I think there names were Devon and Dimitri...went from Elway Chevrolet on Broadway/Denver?

3) Does anybody know someone who can help? The service guy I called at Elway's and the parts guys seemed clueless.

Last edited by denver-tom; 09-10-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: corrections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:42 PM

I would not think that the GMPP tune is what a dealer would call a tune. It is a GM option. If you told them that your car is tuned they may not understand. The bottom line is that if they go to TIS2WEB to re-flash your ECM, your tune will be there. It isn't like a Trifecta tune that they can't work with.

The wreck could have knocked something loose, either a hose or electrical connector. It could have also cracked something like the intercooler.

I would try that or another GM dealer again. Or an independent shop that is certified for GM Powertrain.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks...I did make it very clear that it was the GM upgrade...my fear is the latter as it could be 6 or 7 things from what I've been "googling"...

I am bringing it to Elway...and Lyall recommended an independent guy who does tunes ...dyno and all. Lyall won't flash it. Think Elway will...THANKS!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:57 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Part of the problem may be that the "tune" and the sensors were provided by GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts). GMPP was a part of the GM Performance Division. The GM Performance Division was a victim of the 2009/10 Bankruptcy. Many current GM dealers will have nothing to do with anything that disappeared after the bankruptcy, figuring that they have no fallback if something is not working the way it is supposed to.

I guess I don't blame them for not wanting to support something from a minimum of 10 years ago. Best to find and then rely on someone who knows what they are doing, and is willing to do it.

Of course, from the dealer perspective, they are there to sell you a new car, not to service a 10 to 14 year old car from a GM division which no longer exists.

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode