Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Headlights

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  SkyCaptain 
#1 ·
Does any one know what model the headlights are(i.e. 9004, 9007, H4)? I know its a single bulb assembly so thats why I put those numbers up. Also, has anyone heard if GM plans on putting HID's on the Sol or the sky or even haveing it as a option?

#2 ·
Somebody might just be starting a company to provide aftermarket parts for a variety of vehicles, and that somebody probably has plans on making projector headlights for the Solstice... ;)

HID won't be supported by the aftermarket unless Pontiac makes it an option from the factory. NHTSA made it illegal back in Oct. of 2003 to put a different type of headlight technology in a car that didn't have it. Not only does that make it illegal to put HID in a car that only came with halogen, but vice versa. Alot of the manufacturers ignored it, but NHTSA has been closing companies who continue to produce the items.

#3 ·
thats cool, i noticed the Sky is coming out with both halogen and projector. I just wanted to know what series it is. My bro picked up the G6 GTP Coupe and it has H9 and H11 bulbs.I never heard of them and cant find replacments. I dont want that problem if it blows out on me. But projection lights will look sweet on the Sol. But i think HID's will give it a unique look

#5 · (Edited)
Not so fast...

SkyCaptain said:
HID won't be supported by the aftermarket unless Pontiac makes it an option from the factory. NHTSA made it illegal back in Oct. of 2003 to put a different type of headlight technology in a car that didn't have it. Not only does that make it illegal to put HID in a car that only came with halogen, but vice versa. Alot of the manufacturers ignored it, but NHTSA has been closing companies who continue to produce the items.
Just keeping you up to date!
SEMA Prevails on Motor Vehicle Lighting Rule; NHTSA Alters Interpretation on Enhanced Replacement Headlamp Systems
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/11/01/147256.html

So... HID kits will be available for many new vehicles. :)

#11 ·
chefmartin said:
I have found a number of online companies that sell HID conversion kits that will "suposidly" work with the H13 set up on the Solstice.

One company is XTRALIGHTS.COM

http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31

I am ordering a set for my Solstice and will post pictures after I install them.
cool, cant wait too see the before and after...i prefer HID if i can get the, the silverstars are the closest ive seen to HID replica

#12 ·
chefmartin said:
I have found a number of online companies that sell HID conversion kits that will "suposidly" work with the H13 set up on the Solstice.

One company is XTRALIGHTS.COM

http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=31

I am ordering a set for my Solstice and will post pictures after I install them.
almost $500 bucks... eek...

...but if it works, I'd do it... Crystal White, of course... and hi-beam/low-beam option.

#15 ·
CaSol said:
thats cool, i noticed the Sky is coming out with both halogen and projector. I just wanted to know what series it is. My bro picked up the G6 GTP Coupe and it has H9 and H11 bulbs.I never heard of them and cant find replacments. I dont want that problem if it blows out on me. But projection lights will look sweet on the Sol. But i think HID's will give it a unique look
Nice car! How does he like it?

My Girlfriend is looking at at G6 coupe... I don't think I can talk her into the GTP though. :cool: But i'm trying!

#16 ·
#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.