It's Official, Pontiac Dead at end of 2010! - Page 12 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #166 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinKY View Post
If you did, it was incorrect.
My old man memory at fault again. It was Ford, for number 2.
Car sales continue to drop in April: Consumer Reports Cars Blog

(Also known as Hal 9000)
"Emmaline" 5913 Envious/Ebony - loaded except base radio/no xm/polished
My Mod Page
How to lower your front license plate How to install an aftermarket headunit Upload your BEST pics here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena661 View Post
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
Well, a piece of it DID hit me on the head...

(Also known as Hal 9000)
"Emmaline" 5913 Envious/Ebony - loaded except base radio/no xm/polished
My Mod Page
How to lower your front license plate How to install an aftermarket headunit Upload your BEST pics here!
post #168 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckSol View Post
GM is NOT totally wrong!

There are plenty of mistakes made and the biggest one is us the taxpayers allowing government to control industry to the point of NATIONALIZING not just big business but the SBO as well.

AIG IS underwriting some part of something you have an interest in, so think of that.

I have heard enough about this patriotic/idiotic thing to do

Anyone who expects a bondholder to take $2 of a $6 debit as repayment is a wealth re-distributing commie pinko
Not a Commie or a Pinko! and my GM comment was only made because of AIG's Vacation Extravaganza's after each bail out. I totally understand the part AIG plays in this economy and realize, that regardless and without any doubt they have to hold water for us all! They know it too, so don't flaunt your position, Big Dog. It's our money not yours.
Pay it Forward, so I can get your hand out of my pocket faster!
post #169 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Location: Roosting on the west central flyway in Colorado Springs
Send a message via AIM to duckSol
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsticeclampe View Post
Not a Commie or a Pinko! and my GM comment was only made because of AIG's Vacation Extravaganza's after each bail out. I totally understand the part AIG plays in this economy and realize, that regardless and without any doubt they have to hold water for us all! They know it too, so don't flaunt your position, Big Dog. It's our money not yours.
Pay it Forward, so I can get your hand out of my pocket faster!

If you are busting on me for calling you a name, you are off base.
I was simply disagreeing with you about GM.

If you think the US economy depends on AIG or any one company staying solvent, you are wrong.

If you think I am flaunting some kind of position as a big dog after your money with my hand in your pocket, you are totally off base and this conversation needs to continue by PM.

I did not read your post until after I posted #34 in

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...34/index3.html

Our government has no business running a business, making direct loans to a business, extending credit to the private sector, or owning any part of a business. Such is the purview of a regulated banking system and not a Federal Bank.

Furthermore, the excess of AIG, technically and monetarily, is of no concern to anyone but the share holder or those doing business with AIG.
Journalist's, cranks, hacks and We The People may take exception to this and so may our government if AIG breaks the law or engages in fiduciary misconduct.
The end!

2012 Summer Solstice in the Land of Sky

duckSol's Mods revised 12/21/2008

duckSols Mods revised 9-4-09

Transformer SLY

"Okolemaluna"

Last edited by duckSol; 05-08-2009 at 09:42 PM.
post #170 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 03:00 AM

duckSol, I wasn't Busting on you at all man! My BIG DOG is /was
AIG. Actually, I have lost more money than I can go into detail and I do apolagize, if for some reason, my post seemed to be leveled at your comments. Hwll, I just don't want to work another 10 years. On a personal note, I have not seen the government this SNAFUed in my life time.
Are We Cool ?

Last edited by solsticeclampe; 05-09-2009 at 01:11 PM.
post #171 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM

don't forget Mama tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsticeclampe View Post
duckSol, I wasn't Busting on you at all man! My BIG DOG is /was
AIG. Actually, I have lost more money than I can go into detail and I do apolagize, if for some reason, my post seemed to be leveled at your comments. Hwll, I just don't want to work another 10 years. On a personal note, I have not seen the government this SNAFUed in my life time.
Are We Cool ?
well me sheez, all is well and we are good till we drop dead from this SMURFing

I am sorry for jumping the gun and you.

My big dog was an oil trust that got trashed with the dome in N'awlins but at least I have Wells Fargo left from WACHOVIA

Yes, yes, like you I don't want another 10 years of this past week of Animal Farm skulldugerry you and I agree is SNAFU. So now I am searching for something to keep paying the bills till I die, including the Life insurance, not AIG but at every turn it feels like another kick in the thin seat of my pants.

At least we have a paid off vehicles and a place to go we call the goat farm, but I could not look across the fields at this house on the water and know we once lived here.

I am rich in other ways than those being talked about here and like you am down more than I am embarrassed to mention. The infuriating part is, my recent picks are up every day since I bought them
as opposed to my so called adviser. And who do they rate a strong buy now after I wanted them one day during a low, freakin BAC

Transformer SLY

"Okolemaluna"
post #172 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Good Looking Toyota???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztekzRpurty View Post
So, when't the last time Toyota had a sports car? The MR2? That Corolla Sport sure doesn't cut it.

When's the last time they had a GOOD LOOKING sports car? The Supra?

Since they already have a relationship with GM, seems a no-brainer to snap up Mecca on the cheap, then use the hydro-formed body panel tech to design a new skin for the car.

Voila, a turbo sports car on Toyota lots with minimum development time or cost.

Problem is though, Toyota is hurting so bad right now, sports cars are the last thing they are thinking about. Didn't I read somewhere yesterday that they just got passed in US sales by Hyundai/Kia last month?
The ONLY good looking Toyota Sports Car ever built was the 2000GT in the early 70's. Sorry for the hijack but Toyota is the Buick of Japanese Mfgs.
post #173 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Tim aka Brazen Inferno Orange - BIO Hazard
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Conservative Constitutionalist
post #174 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Kappa through 2012?

Not sure how this will work but if you check this link out they say both the Solstice and the Sky will be built through 2012. UAW-GM contract reveals future General Motors cars and plans for 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
post #175 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
Not sure how this will work but if you check this link out they say both the Solstice and the Sky will be built through 2012. UAW-GM contract reveals future General Motors cars and plans for 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
This is quite an old article. It talks about the "soon to be released Malibu" which has been in production for quite some time. Lots of things have changed since this article was written.

JimmyO
2007 GXP
They call it the Bumble Bee
post #176 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack View Post
Wishful thinking. Anycontract with the UAW to continue production at a given facility will be null and void week after next when GM enters Chapter 11. I would be shocked if Kappa orduction resumes after the summer break. The last Kappas are being built now and soon will stop.

Thanks again Bob, for building my car! Envious/Ebony VIN #0051
post #177 of 177 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDave View Post
Wishful thinking. Anycontract with the UAW to continue production at a given facility will be null and void week after next when GM enters Chapter 11. I would be shocked if Kappa orduction resumes after the summer break. The last Kappas are being built now and soon will stop.

UAW ain't gonna be building nutin

If KAPPA is to be built, the builderburgers will be Guild Craftsmen
and it will be through Government Fiat and this OBAMA government will have very little say in the matter so get over it and get on with business.

Need a translation,

Kappa Autos wird von Opel im Besitz von Fiat und GM, wenn nicht die, die Marke, dann sie und die UAW können küssen einem Fettgehalt Kind Esel!

or

how dis?

Kappa автомобили будут построены Opel принадлежат Fiat ГМ и если не отказаться от бренда, то они и UAW может поцеловать в жир ребенка задницу!

Transformer SLY

"Okolemaluna"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode