Solstice Safari? [2006 EDAG Pontiac Solstice Hardtop - Mega Merge] - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSol
Why would you want that. If you want a roadster buy a Solstice, if you want a wagon, create a whole new car and not force a design that clearly does not work on the Sol.
I thought the Solstice and the Nomad were both conceived to be built on Kappa?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwaiting
I thought the Solstice and the Nomad were both conceived to be built on Kappa?
They were. The Nomad was on a stretched platform that is said not to be production feasible. It's still a great idea, but I don't think GM understands just how badly people want RWD vehicles.

Serene will be a color! Even if only on one car.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to Drex
Solstice Kammaback

sprechen Sie Deutsches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://translate.google.com/translate_t
The automobile supplier Edag presents two new vehicle studies on Detroit car Show, a Pontiac Solstice with combination roof and a luxury UV. For the Pontiac Solstice, which ex factory with a material stoffverdeck supplied that in the folded back condition under the trunk flap disappears, it has Edag engineers a special Hardtop including a new trunk lid sketched, which does not only offer a firm roof over the head to the driver, but for the vehicle a completely new optical appearance provides, which leans against the Pontiac Safari station Wagon from and the 60 it 50's. Thus an elegant variant of a sport combination becomes from the roadster. Luxury UV as Showcar as the second Showcar presents the enterprise the SUV 2005, a concept from the Roadsterfuer a extravagantes, extroverted and hochpreisiges Life Style Sportfahrzeug of the luxury class. Beit set up muscles over the wheel housings, paired with the roof line and wedge-shaped, substantial set down sidesmolder-learn to set the SUV optically dynamically in scene. Daily know which runs here gibt's the free new type character approximately around car, engine and sport.

Mods: GM CAI, Vector ECU, Clear Image Shorty Header

Last edited by Drex; 01-03-2006 at 04:16 PM.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sol_Man
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 04:55 PM

Excellent find Drex
I wonder how much it would cost and how long it'd take to switch the trunk lid with the hardtop.
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 05:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chewievette
No Friggin way!! This is the exact concept behind my hardtop idea!! Lucky for me they look to only be doing the station wagon look, mine will be a fastback. I can only imagine how heavy that thing would be, just look at all that glass! If they are going to be at the Detroit auto show then I am Definately going this year!

From a design and style standpoint I really like the looks of it, reminds me of the Nomad concept from a couple of years ago.

Blood, Sweat, Tears, Bailing wire, and Duct tape ...the Recipe for Success!
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Founding Member

Uglier than a K-car.

Outerspace - ordered 5/27/05, VON#: JFZBN4. Red/blk leather. All options minus 6-dsc, XM & Onstar. Cancelled order 1/30/06.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:28 PM
SF Celebrity?

Send a message via AIM to dori-san
You know, it's not like it's a NEW idea or anything... a hardtop that replaces the decklid.

We were talking about doing something similar WAY back before production started.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2689

#17313 | Scarlett! | AC | ABS | LSD | Pwr | Conv | Single MP3 | Monsoon! | All but lost...
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 PM

sorry, I forgot to mention the sarcastic nature of my previous post. I see this version as a alternate option, if you dont like the factory removable hardtop or the stock soft top and your not too fond of the fastback there's always a station wagon! Soon enough we'll have all the bases covered.

post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dori-san
You know, it's not like it's a NEW idea or anything... a hardtop that replaces the decklid.

We were talking about doing something similar WAY back before production started.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=2689
I have never, ever seen a car that transforms from a roadster to a sport wagon. This is no ordinary run of the mill removeable hardtop. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me. Kind of resembles the Z3 coupe, wagon whatever it is. Solves the storage problem for road trips. Maybe if it had a targa top for open air driving and packing it full of stuff. Sure beats the luggage rack/trailer dilemma that has been going on.

Ordered 08/09/05, "picked up" 11/11/05 3rd of 14 second allocation. born on the winter solstice. 4200 12/23/05. Delivered 1/18/06

Aggressive|power pkg.|polished|ls|mp3|monsoon|ebony cloth|a/c

VIN # 7672

Her name is Scully.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
SF Celebrity?

Send a message via AIM to dori-san
I just REALLY love the concept that stang and I had our minds set on, a full on decklid replacement that latches into the windshield and slopes back in a fastback style with a rear hatch to have access to the trunk. It's basically like owning the Solstice roadster AND the Solstice coupe without having to have 2 cars.

I can only hope somebody bites our idea and runs with it. I'm looking for the hatch to be styled as close to the top of the coupe concept as possible, with a rounded glass for the hatch. Also perhaps with a glass roof.

#17313 | Scarlett! | AC | ABS | LSD | Pwr | Conv | Single MP3 | Monsoon! | All but lost...
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I can only hope somebody bites our idea and runs with it. I'm looking for the hatch to be styled as close to the top of the coupe concept as possible, with a rounded glass for the hatch. Also perhaps with a glass roof.
Soon, very soon...

post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:53 PM

Me like...please mr. german guy, make one.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I just REALLY love the concept that stang and I had our minds set on, a full on decklid replacement that latches into the windshield and slopes back in a fastback style with a rear hatch to have access to the trunk. It's basically like owning the Solstice roadster AND the Solstice coupe without having to have 2 cars.

The coupe idea is just plain better! Those Germans got nothing on us...except money... and a prototype.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/a...6&d=1116969752

Serene will be a color! Even if only on one car.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang
...and a prototype.
Acctually it looks like they photochopped a preproduction solstice. I dont read German but it doesn't specifically state that the car will be there. Also, it says that it is a design study so that is no promise of production.

I'm still going to take a look at their booth, this would be a really cool option! Imagine the number of different cars you could drive around in just by swapping roofs!! It's certainly a lot cheaper than buying multiple cars!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode