Be-Eew-Icks - is the curse broken? .... - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Be-Eew-Icks - is the curse broken? ....

Many of us have experienced the Be-Eew-Ick Blocker while on a Run ... and it seems that oft times this Be-Eew-Ick is Gold in color.

Last year in the Dells ..... Gold Be-Eew-Ick held up over 30 Sols for several miles.

Doing a pre-run just a few weeks back .... yup, a Gold Be-Eew-Ick running Blocker .... not even going the speed limit.

This weekend ... a send off run for Catgirl ... a White Be-Eew-Ick runs blocker on one of the BEST parts of T2TR! (see attached pic)

BUT .... on my way home thru Ohio today ...

Having just passed a OHP (which there were MANY) I look into my rearview mirror to see a Gold Be-Eew-Ick gaining on me .... then two blue hairs pass me. (pics of my speedo and their car).

Where do these Gold Be-Eew-Icks come from???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white buick.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	11644   Click image for larger version

Name:	buick speeding speedo.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	11645   Click image for larger version

Name:	be eew ick passing.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	11646  

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 PM

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
she's got a Pennsie plate...so I guess she knows how to drive at the limit

Ohio blue Hairs and their BE-EWE-IKS ...well that's a different story.

We did the C*O*C*K* run a few weeks back and ...yes-it was a BE_EWE-IK that held us up...

When the Yellow sign said "20" she figured 15 was safe.

don't get me started about the blue hair in the Blue BUG ...she was worse

Hey Mom...you didn't mention the White one in Woodsfield

REALLY...
she pulled over just as we turned right at the light and as I passed in the #6 spot she was
just getting her walker out of the car...she had the three-pronged cane in hwr right hand already

...glad she didn't go down the road to SR26 aren't we

NEOKAPPA's

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old !

Druid (Cool) MERLIN came home 11-15-05 VIN 4495
Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned

Last edited by druid-2; 09-02-2007 at 06:48 PM.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Y'all have BE-EWE-IKS in Texas we have farmer Brown heading to town and counting all the cows before he gets there.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:23 AM

I don't know.... My wife's Regal GS could probably smoke my N/A Solstice in a head to head. With a supercharger and an L67 engine, the car moves pretty damn fast.

It is just a re-badged Grand Prix GTP after all.. just a slightly lower gear ratio.

Buick's aren't just for blue hairs you know, but you do have to watch out for the LeSaber's though.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM

I thought this conversation was about Bee's slamming into the windshield

~GREY GHOST.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Hey Moms, Here's acouple of BE-Eeew-Icks for you !! Attended nearby car show today.
The owners asked when our next run was.

Hold On, We are going for a ride !
Mallett Conversion
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Retired Free Range Sols

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Many of us have experienced the Be-Eew-Ick Blocker while on a Run ... and it seems that oft times this Be-Eew-Ick is Gold in color.

Last year in the Dells ..... Gold Be-Eew-Ick held up over 30 Sols for several miles.

Doing a pre-run just a few weeks back .... yup, a Gold Be-Eew-Ick running Blocker .... not even going the speed limit.

This weekend ... a send off run for Catgirl ... a White Be-Eew-Ick runs blocker on one of the BEST parts of T2TR! (see attached pic)

BUT .... on my way home thru Ohio today ...

Having just passed a OHP (which there were MANY) I look into my rearview mirror to see a Gold Be-Eew-Ick gaining on me .... then two blue hairs pass me. (pics of my speedo and their car).

Where do these Gold Be-Eew-Icks come from???
I dunno, but I had one today, didn't take a picture, as she ccrraawwlleed along at 45 in a 55 zone on the run-every time I hoped I'd lose her, she went the same way I was going....
finally blew her doors off in a 25 zone in Reedsburg (all it took was me doing 26-she was down to about 18 )

06 NA...was 106k miles, do-over at 12k
06 NA...56k miles...Black today, black tomorrow?
01 Aztek GT...102k miles...Black and loaded. Best non-Solstice ever!

Team Solstice 2006 & 2006

Life is good with a pair of Sols in the garage.

Runs/Meets in '06:13 '07:13 '08:7 '09:9 '10:9 '11:6 '12:4 '13:3 '14:2 '15:3
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA 1234 View Post
Hey Moms, Here's acouple of BE-Eeew-Icks for you !! Attended nearby car show today.
The owners asked when our next run was.

I drove a really COOL 1954 4 hole special Yellow over White Buick for 3 years .... I loved that car ... and it could get up and GO!

Today I found something I hate worse that Bee-Eew-Icks .... Cars and Trucks with bad exhausts ... PHEW!!! I thought I was going to pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning. I got a headache TWICE today having to follow cars today chugging out this horrible pollution ..... I would have taken a blue haired Gold Bee-Eew-Ick!!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:59 PM

I had a 74' Le Sabre with a 455 SD/3-speed auto in it. It would shift out of second gear at 125 MPH, push you firmly back into the seat firmly and keep on going. It was an incredibly fast car.

Me
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyon73 View Post
I had a 74' Le Sabre with a 455 SD/3-speed auto in it. It would shift out of second gear at 125 MPH, push you firmly back into the seat firmly and keep on going. It was an incredibly fast car.

Me
Oh... I'm not denying the fact that there are FAST Buicks out there ... I've driven a few.

Go back and read post #1 .... what the discussion here is about is the Be-Eew-Icks driven by little old ladies (or men) that seem to ALWAYS show up in front of our runs - generally driving below the speed limit and ALWAYS during the BEST part of the drive.

That's why I posted this .... the Be-Eew-Ick with old ladies that passed me (I was already OVER the speed limit) with a OHP still in view. I found that humorous ..... never said that there aren't Buicks that aren't fast.

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 05:22 AM

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
I had a gold one chase me yesterday...yes he kept right on me arse.

Little old man with a very intense grimace on his face and the obligatory baseball cap.

Now I ask you.....why do l.o.m. insist in wearing a baseball cap INSIDE a sedan.
Is it raining inside the car.

I wear a ball cap only to keep from scorching my quasi-bald-pate...but i have the top down (of course)

Pet peeve....why is it necessary to wear a hat INSIDE the car.

NEOKAPPA's

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old !

Druid (Cool) MERLIN came home 11-15-05 VIN 4495
Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
FWIW, several years ago, a dermatologist told me never to be outside without a hat and sunglasses. Since then I wear a hat (usually of the baseball variety) whenever I am outside the house, which includes inside a car.

1st 1K - #741
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:14 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
.... what the discussion here is about is the Be-Eew-Icks driven by little old ladies (or men) that seem to ALWAYS show up in front of our runs - generally driving below the speed limit and ALWAYS during the BEST part of the drive.
I have to agree with you about the Be-Eew-Icks this year. Last year, however, it was PT Cruisers that slowed down every run I attended.

1st 1K - #741
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolWhat? View Post
I have to agree with you about the Be-Eew-Icks this year. Last year, however, it was PT Cruisers that slowed down every run I attended.
This all started with the Be-Eew-Ick in the Dells last year .... and the beat goes on .... and the beat goes on .....

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
The Be-Eew-Ick in the Dells,
The Be-Eew-Ick in the Dells,
Hi-Ho The Derry-O,
The Be-Eew-Ick in the Dells . . .

(I'm sorry - I couldn't resist)

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode