Hows Your Weather - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Hows Your Weather

I am getting sick of this weather in Michigan its been cold and warm all winter I like winter sports such as ice fishing cross country sking. The weather has been so up and down that the ice around here is not safe and havnt had much snow I would rather have a real winter so I could be doing these things, its really been boring this year. All I got to say I cant wait till spring comes with the sun in my face driving my convertable solstice down the road driving along the Great Lakes shoreline with the waves crashing .Just dreaming

MYGXP07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:14 PM

AZ says Sunny 72 degrees with 13% humidity

Top down back from Tucson...leading a top down MR2 and Cady CTS. XM was cranking Jazz as we cruised at...75mph...honest officer...
Hope you get an early spring....

Phoenix Sky & Solstice Club NASSM2013 Event
2006 Red Solstice - parked
2007 Blue Solstice - Debbie's replacement for totaled 06
2006 White Solstice - Son's DD...needs work
2009 Sky Redline LTD - long distance, top down
2009 Sly Coupe - Car Shows
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denette
Top down back from Tucson...leading a top down MR2 and Cady CTS. XM was cranking Jazz as we cruised at...75mph...honest officer...
Hope you get an early spring....
I ENVY YOU

MYGXP07
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to g0t_w00t
Its a nice 72 degrees on this lovely sunny day. But yet it still has this cool snap in the wind.

Aggressive body, Black top, Black and red seats, Chrome Rims, Metal Petals, A/C, 6-Disk, XM, rubber floor mats, kappasheild, and no antenna. What more do I need?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:28 PM

...and when we're 115 degrees with the top up, airco on high and palm melted to the shifter I'll envy you....

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to g0t_w00t
OO no please don't forget that Texas is a killer in the summer too. My old caddie does not have ac and over summer we thought it would be funny to leave an egg in a frying pan inside the car. Well lets just say it was burned on the bottom.

Aggressive body, Black top, Black and red seats, Chrome Rims, Metal Petals, A/C, 6-Disk, XM, rubber floor mats, kappasheild, and no antenna. What more do I need?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Grammie 4 VT
Here in SW VA, we have had a fairly mild winter, as well. We got our Solstice on Nov. 30 and have had a few top down days, but not very many! We are looking forward to SPRING!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to todaresqSL2
8 inches of snow and high of 35 degrees...

Last edited by todaresqSL2; 01-23-2006 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Just noticed the name of the smiley I used... too funny!!!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:35 PM

Hot

Sorry to gloat, but we had to turn the air conditioning on last night.

We have about 600 miles on the car and have only had the top up once. That is why we live in Florida.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave clancy
I am getting sick of this weather in Michigan its been cold and warm all winter I like winter sports such as ice fishing cross country sking. The weather has been so up and down that the ice around here is not safe and havnt had much snow I would rather have a real winter so I could be doing these things, its really been boring this year. All I got to say I cant wait till spring comes with the sun in my face driving my convertable solstice down the road driving along the Great Lakes shoreline with the waves crashing .Just dreaming
Where have you been? I've been enjoying my Michigan sol every day since taking delivery Dec. 28. Store it? NO, drive it.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:03 PM

The weather is windy and DUSTY. Hasn't rained in 94 days so it is hard to keep the car clean.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious one
Where have you been? I've been enjoying my Michigan sol every day since taking delivery Dec. 28. Store it? NO, drive it.
I enjoy just going out in my garage to stare at it gots eight coats of wax on it and the under carrige and wheel wells look like it drove off the assembly line I live on a dirt road and its impassable right now got my little chevy to take in all the salt and mud it really takes a beating, sorry but i will pass on the winter driving in my solstice when spring comes it wiil be really something to look forward too in my mint solstice but enyoy yours anyway

MYGXP07
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoransolstice
The weather is windy and DUSTY. Hasn't rained in 94 days so it is hard to keep the car clean.
So I named her...Dusty Rose...gotta rain soon...

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:39 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by denette
So I named her...Dusty Rose...gotta rain soon...
It must be national news, I just heard on my radio that it has been 97 days since it rained where you are.

Dusty Rose is a great name. If you haven't already done so, please post the name over at https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=6520

Thanks.

1st 1K - #741
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 07:50 AM

Same in WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave clancy
Being just over the puddle from you, it's been the same here. I'm a hockey player and my buddies and I usually get out on the ponds...not this year. I'm too wrapped up in anticipation of getting my new car. I cannot WAIT for Spring & my car to arrrive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode