Military: tell us your story - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 263 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:29 AM

My turn I guess..."volunteered" for the draft after my lottery number was pulled..#6 so I was definetly going!

Three years Army ..13A10..105 / 155 artillery. After 3 yrs watching the AirForce fly over in dry planes applied for and accepted inner service transfer to the AirForce.

AirForce seemed to think I could handle language school.. (Monterey Ca was nice for 2 yrs though!) 2087/95A..Arab linguist. In 1973..it was "boring" in the Middle East...how things would change! Worked on I dont remember how many Hijackings, kidnappings, things most dont even remember happeing or no one ever knew about. Then 1st time we dealt with Iraq in '83..yep we were involved during Iraq / Iran "war, got to spend time in desert..got to go back in early 90's ..the 2nd time we dealt with Iraq and decided to retire in 1994...knew we would go back and knew it was time for me to "bail out".

So...been there, done that...appreciate the service and sacrifices of our troops and the freedom they pay for each day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 263 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
You must see this video

This is a beautiful video. You might want to have a box of Kleenex nearby.

http://www.scotties.com/solstice/IfI...oreYouWake.pps

Thanks, Aspenrose, for your help!

VIN...............6Y101319........................ 6Y115760
Name.........MariSOL Stice
Color..................Sly........................ ...Aggressive
Acquired.........10/15/2005.....................07/11/2014
Died...............02/25/2013
..............RIP, you wonderful car !!!!

Link to Gizmo's Odyssey photos- Gizmo's Odyssey Photo Thread

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #48 of 263 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:36 AM

Send a message via MSN to crawdadsolstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo2004
This is a beautiful video. You might want to have a box of Kleenex nearby.

http://www.scotties.com/solstice/IfI...oreYouWake.pps

Thanks, Aspenrose, for your help!

Thanks to Giz and Aspen! The Kleenex suggestion was one that should be heeded.

VIN 101292, DOB 9/13/05, picked up on 11/23. In my garage, where it belongs.

Best comment so far about my Aggressive Sol, from a driver of a red S2000 in the small town I live near, "I thought I was going to have the coolest car for some time. Now, I know I am wrong!"
post #49 of 263 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Founding Member

great video, small world though . . . it seems I know one of the creators of the video . . . he never showed that much creativity on the job . . .
post #50 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to jerzkid Send a message via Yahoo to jerzkid
Well, here shortly I may have more stories to tell. I have decided to return to active duty and I am positive I will eventually return to Iraq. Wish me luck!

Her Name is NESSA....
Conceived October 27th, 2005
Born ???
My two Quotes with the help of Gizmo:

In the Solstice there is only one direction, straight ahead.

You're never lost in a Solstice, you're simply taking the long way

Ah Nessa, mi corozone es perdido en ti.
post #51 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 09:33 PM

Good luck jerzkid,be well

mods MagnaFlow cat-back,High flow cat from Hahn
boosted by WERKS sweet
VIN# 3783,cool,no lsd,no xm,no on star, name Breezy
post #52 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:01 AM
LOST SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzkid
Well, here shortly I may have more stories to tell. I have decided to return to active duty and I am positive I will eventually return to Iraq. Wish me luck!
Good luck and keep your head down. I was in Ramadi a few months ago and ran into a bunch of your fellow Marines (at the Full Metal Jacket).

2007 Aggressive GXP (Manual) loaded minus On* and Smoker's Pkg (Born 11/10/2006 and picked up on 11/22/2006) SOLD 10/17/2008

Current sMiles: 21,622

Click Here To See My Mod Page

post #53 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM

one day when i feel a little more like writing, i'll tell a few stories. the most ineresting stories are from my first deployment. i belong to 3rd Soldier Support Battalion, 3rd Infantry Division "Rock of the Marne". I am a Sergeant First Class. My second deployment, i took a small team of two fellow NCO's, myself, and five soldiers to south central Iraq. We were responsible for keeping all units funded south of Baghdad, from the Syrian border to the Iranian border and south to Kuwait. that is an extremely large area. we also paid all of the Iraqi contractors who did business with the coalition forces. every week i had to travel 21/2 hrs on the road to get my funds replenished. the road we traveled, MSR (Main Service Road) Tampa was one of the two most dangerous roads in Iraq. between myself and one of my Staff Sergeants we had 10 million dollars on hand. more than that if you count our paid contracts. half way through our tour we started hopping rides to baghdad on blackhawks instead of convoying. a little safer but, scary none the less. my soldiers performed magnificently. all were "cherries". by that i mean first time deployers. Fortunately, all my soldiers came home safe. Thank God. i'll tell you guys about our trek to Baghdad during the initial phase of the war in 2003 another time. that was a completely different animal.
post #54 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG_McKee
Good luck and keep your head down. I was in Ramadi a few months ago and ran into a bunch of your fellow Marines (at the Full Metal Jacket).
i was in Ad-Diwaniyah (camp echo) MSG.
post #55 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:30 PM

I was stationed at LSA Anaconda, Iraq (Balad for you civies!) for 12 months. I've been all over Iraq, it's quite the place......

2005 Nissan 350Z

A few mods...
post #56 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 01:44 PM
LOST SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvesterUT
I was stationed at LSA Anaconda, Iraq (Balad for you civies!) for 12 months. I've been all over Iraq, it's quite the place......
A nice place to visit ... but I was stuck there 4 days (earlier this month) on the way to Kuwait. I grew tired of going to the PX(s) after just 1 day of being there.
post #57 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 01:58 PM

i was at LSA Ananconda i the hospital before i was medivaced to Germany. didn't see a whole lot of that FOB (forward operating base).
post #58 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 02:59 PM
LOST SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick177th
i was at LSA Ananconda i the hospital before i was medivaced to Germany. didn't see a whole lot of that FOB (forward operating base).
Were you with 3/3 BCT or 48th ID? I see you are from Columbus, GA. I was located at FOB Warhorse, but I traveled troughout the region (Ramadi, Samarra, Baqubah, ect). Thanks for your service and I hope that you are doing better.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read your other post and see that you are with 3D ID also. Hooah.

Last edited by MSG_McKee; 01-27-2006 at 03:01 PM.
post #59 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 05:56 PM

A Long Short Time

Hi: 28 years 6 Navy rest Army, Seal Vet-Nam, army SFspent 2years in Vet Nam, then got out, (1966-1968) Started over in the Army 1970, Retired 1993.
I was in when it was bad, and later when it was good. Lost good men in both. Some times hard to remember them, its been a long time. When I was in TI waiting to ship to Vet-Nam I went to Okland to get of base, the Navy had the U.S.M.C. as gate gards and I was only a Seman at the time and I was stuck in okland. At 1200 am the gates closed and I would be OWAL and in more hot water than I wanted. 1045 no bus back, had to walk. I then had to deal with 14 bad looking biker's who pulled up next to me. I was sure this was going to be a very bad night (this was 1966). Leader as why I was walking this late at night. So I told Him, a also told them I as shipping to Nam in the next few days (at this point I was trying anything). Found out he had just returned, so 14 Hells Angels gave me a ride back to base. I was 11 mins late but the gate keppers felt it was in there best intrest to let me back in.

I am sorry for the run on Par, but one eye is not working any more, but thank GOD i still can drive......
post #60 of 263 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG_McKee
Were you with 3/3 BCT or 48th ID? I see you are from Columbus, GA. I was located at FOB Warhorse, but I traveled troughout the region (Ramadi, Samarra, Baqubah, ect). Thanks for your service and I hope that you are doing better.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read your other post and see that you are with 3D ID also. Hooah.
MSG, are you 3 BCT from kelly hill? what Bn if so?

Just looked at your Location MSG. "Rock of the Marne". thanks alot. i feel alot better.

Last edited by nick177th; 01-27-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode