Military Thread Vol 2 (New 08/30/09) - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Amazing commercial! Really gave me a case of the 'goosebumps'!

Thanks to all of you who serve or have served in the past!

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line
5 Speed Stick, Chrome Wheels
Black with Black Top and Black Leather
Single Disk Monsoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 05:12 PM

I was stationed at Macdill AFB in Tampa FL during "Desert Storm." A small group of anti-military protesters started camping out on Dale Mabry Hghwy out front of the main gate. They had some pretty derogatory signs about us. Anyway within a couple days people started showing up everyday with American flags and patriotic signs. Within a week the road leading into the base was lined on both sides for a least 300 yards with folks cheering us as we drove through the gate to work and home too. They even chased off the protesters. They were there throughout "Desert Storm." It made me fell like "Superman", that is what America is all about. My time in the service was the greatest years of my life. God Bless America!!!

Last edited by Smokescreen; 09-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:48 PM

Garage
Gizmo,

I couldn't find the pics I told you about today, but a good friend of mine posted a video I made for our company party on YouTube. Below are the links to those videos. In video #1 at 0:58 to 1:01, you'll see the pic I was talking about. Btw, yes, that is me on the tire swing we made from an Iraqi MiG. (video #3 0:28 to 0:31) And for the record, the only video that has the original music I used is the third one. Apparently, there were copyright issues with the music on the 1st 2.

Hope you enjoy.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi everyone. I'm Christine, a US Army vet. I served from 1997 to 2007. I had the honor of being the first woman in C Btry 1-126th Field Artillery. When I joined, I was a 17 year old 105lb cheerleader, lol. That changed REAL quick. You should have seen the guys' faces when I walked in. It wasn't pretty.

Over time, they corrupted me and I gained their respect. To this day, we are all still the best of friends. C Btry no longer exists, but we have a reunion every year. This is the pic from last year's (I'm the girl, lol):

After a few years, I transferred to the 32d Military Police Co. I spent 7 years in that hellish place. I was so used to my field artillery boys, and the MP company was a different world. There were whiny females everywhere and it drove me insane. I do, however, owe my life to one of them. She died doing my job in Iraq and I wouldn't be here today had she not volunteered to take my place. Took a sniper shot in the neck manning the 50-cal in the turret of my vehicle. I'll tell that story another time.

Anyway, this is me back in 2000 when I made Corporal.

Nice to meet you all!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten96 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm Christine, a US Army vet. I served from 1997 to 2007. I had the honor of being the first woman in C Btry 1-126th Field Artillery. When I joined, I was a 17 year old 105lb cheerleader, lol. That changed REAL quick. You should have seen the guys' faces when I walked in. It wasn't pretty.

Over time, they corrupted me and I gained their respect. To this day, we are all still the best of friends. C Btry no longer exists, but we have a reunion every year. This is the pic from last year's (I'm the girl, lol):

After a few years, I transferred to the 32d Military Police Co. I spent 7 years in that hellish place. I was so used to my field artillery boys, and the MP company was a different world. There were whiny females everywhere and it drove me insane. I do, however, owe my life to one of them. She died doing my job in Iraq and I wouldn't be here today had she not volunteered to take my place. Took a sniper shot in the neck manning the 50-cal in the turret of my vehicle. I'll tell that story another time.

Anyway, this is me back in 2000 when I made Corporal.

Nice to meet you all!
So nice to meet you, Christine! Congratulations on your successful tours and thank you very much for your service to our country!

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line
5 Speed Stick, Chrome Wheels
Black with Black Top and Black Leather
Single Disk Monsoon
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
Ten96, what an amazing story. I join with Yogi in giving thanks for your service. You are truly a unique individual.

My brother just got back from the reunion of his old outfit in South Florida. They celebrated 50 years since the 1962 Cuban Missle Crisis. Never have we come that close to World War III. God bless John F Kennedy for standing tall in those tense weeks, and all those who did their duty then.

You can see my attitude about the military in my signature below. Although my service to our country was miniscule, I respect each and every one of our military, current and veteran (and deceased). God bless y'all!!!!

VIN...............6Y101319........................ 6Y115760
Name.........MariSOL Stice
Color..................Sly........................ ...Aggressive
Acquired.........10/15/2005.....................07/11/2014
Died...............02/25/2013
..............RIP, you wonderful car !!!!

Link to Gizmo's Odyssey photos- Gizmo's Odyssey Photo Thread

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM

Thanks, guys! Nice to be here and to meet y'all, too!

And Giz, no service is ever miniscule. Ever.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
This is a sample of my combat experience.

19 years old

Talk about dazed and confused.

Photos of Ben Luc By

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 10:22 PM

ex-Airdale squid (S3s), served aboard the USS America the FIRST time we bombed Ghadaffi Duck (to bad he wasn't home to catch the 500lbers)

military family going back to before WWI, (my mother recently sent a picture of my 5'2" great x? father in his kilt before going "over the top" in the trenches of Belgium) both Grandfathers in WWII and Korea, father was a frogman (VN) then Saturation Diver for 28years, son is now a SeaBee, keeping the tradition alive

that is all ~S~
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 AM

Garage
11b20
Army 1969 to 1971
Wolfhounds 1/27th Inf, 25th Inf Div (Nam)
RVN Mar 1, 1970 to April 5, 1971 including 2 months Cambodia
m-16 for 3 months, m-60 for 10 months

2007 Cool Sol, The Anaconda (Annie)
Built by PerformanceAutoWerks
GM 480hp LS3, & T-56 6 speed
WERKS tunnel/rear frame brace
WERKS XL aluminum 4 row radiator with built in oil cooler
WERKS dual 3 inch SS exhaust.
CCW C10 18 inX9.5 satin black wheels,
DDM ProBeam
BC Coil overs
Wilwood large brakes
RACELOGIC traction control

Picked up at Performance AutoWerks June 12th, 2014 & driven Rt 66 & I40 about 1700 miles home in 3 days

Wolfhounds Infantry 'Nam '70-'71
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 01:00 PM

I'm a Lance Corporal in the USMC, I enlisted Sept 2015. I'm an 0311 Rifleman, part of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines. My tool of the trade is my M4 and the radio.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
rob the elder likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode