Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

ROTM - Intrested in restarting it?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  80sbikedude 
#1 ·
Heya all,

Any thoughts on revamping the ROTM program? We can feature it on the new homepage.

Let me know.

Jeff M

#3 ·
What I didn't like about the Ride Of The Month feature was the way it was set up as far as pitting one member against another and a car with little to no mods against some that have had extensive modifications in a voting contest , my suggestion would be to have members submit their cars , any mods or future plans , and a brief bio about themselves . Have a panel of members pick a car out of the list to represent that month ,if you received 12 entries then you could have a year's worth of cars to feature

#6 ·
Understood, we can set themes like some other sites do. I love the off road sites that do Muddiest, on top of moutians, etc..

Example for here: Bridges, by Water, Racing, with significant other or pup. lol

Jeff M

#7 ·
Another suggestions would be to pick the best pic of a Solstice for the month. That way a stock Solstice has a fair chance against one that has been modified, and takes the emphasis off on how much money was spent on a car and refocuses attention on how creative someone can get with a camera or computer (including photoshopping & artsy type pics). I agree w/just picking a pic panel, though that may not stop accusations of favoritism.

#9 ·
Sounds good, but just let them be random members cars, a car can still be nice in stock form as opposed to one that has mods done to it.

#10 ·
I think that ride of the month is worth while. Do it

But I also think that it would be great to have a thread with pictures of members cars. From stock to full on insane pictures. You choose them and post them. Change them up every month. Give a place where prospective members can go and be inspired to join.

#11 ·
I'd suggest pulling pics from the gallery but I believe it's outdated, and many of the cars have probably been sold a few times. I seem to remember the last time a ROTM thread was started, it was hard to get submissions on a monthly basis. Also, I think it died due to lack of interest. There's only 10 posts in this thread, which indicates to me there isn't much interest this time either.

#12 ·
Low interest or participation could be because of some things already stated like thinking it has to be massively modified to get in and pitting members against each other. Make it fun for all and the interest will come. Make it to a random members car each month with info and no voting so it will come around to active members eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.