2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyonhunter
  • 1 Post By Windrestrictor!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
ROTM - Intrested in restarting it?

Heya all,

Any thoughts on revamping the ROTM program? We can feature it on the new homepage.

Let me know.

Jeff M

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:15 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
I already won it once, but I'd be willing to vote for someone else. Let it rip!

1st 1K - #741
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 09:59 PM

What I didn't like about the Ride Of The Month feature was the way it was set up as far as pitting one member against another and a car with little to no mods against some that have had extensive modifications in a voting contest , my suggestion would be to have members submit their cars , any mods or future plans , and a brief bio about themselves . Have a panel of members pick a car out of the list to represent that month ,if you received 12 entries then you could have a year's worth of cars to feature
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
What I didn't like about the Ride Of The Month feature was the way it was set up as far as pitting one member against another and a car with little to no mods against some that have had extensive modifications in a voting contest , my suggestion would be to have members submit their cars , any mods or future plans , and a brief bio about themselves . Have a panel of members pick a car out of the list to represent that month ,if you received 12 entries then you could have a year's worth of cars to feature
Sounds like a good idea.

Other thoughts, if is great to have on the homepage to help bring in new users that have a Solstice.

Jeff M

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 10:15 AM

Garage
Not trying to sound like the bad guy but this kind of sounds like every kid deserves a trophy for showing up award. I like the rotm on the sxs forums. It is mostly about submitting a great photo or video of you sxs and the whole forum votes on it. Just my opinion that is all.
AG Jeff likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonhunter View Post
Not trying to sound like the bad guy but this kind of sounds like every kid deserves a trophy for showing up award. I like the rotm on the sxs forums. It is mostly about submitting a great photo or video of you sxs and the whole forum votes on it. Just my opinion that is all.
Understood, we can set themes like some other sites do. I love the off road sites that do Muddiest, on top of moutians, etc..

Example for here: Bridges, by Water, Racing, with significant other or pup. lol

Jeff M

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 01:43 PM

Another suggestions would be to pick the best pic of a Solstice for the month. That way a stock Solstice has a fair chance against one that has been modified, and takes the emphasis off on how much money was spent on a car and refocuses attention on how creative someone can get with a camera or computer (including photoshopping & artsy type pics). I agree w/just picking a pic panel, though that may not stop accusations of favoritism.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:09 AM
Supporting Vendor

Love the great pics the ROTM tends to bring. I'd like to see it rolling again here.
AG Jeff likes this.

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Paul10" save 10%
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:42 PM

Garage
Sounds good, but just let them be random members cars, a car can still be nice in stock form as opposed to one that has mods done to it.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mom told you.
"Do or do not, there is no try."~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:22 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I think that ride of the month is worth while. Do it

But I also think that it would be great to have a thread with pictures of members cars. From stock to full on insane pictures. You choose them and post them. Change them up every month. Give a place where prospective members can go and be inspired to join.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 04:13 PM

I'd suggest pulling pics from the gallery but I believe it's outdated, and many of the cars have probably been sold a few times. I seem to remember the last time a ROTM thread was started, it was hard to get submissions on a monthly basis. Also, I think it died due to lack of interest. There's only 10 posts in this thread, which indicates to me there isn't much interest this time either.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 04:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
I'd suggest pulling pics from the gallery but I believe it's outdated, and many of the cars have probably been sold a few times. I seem to remember the last time a ROTM thread was started, it was hard to get submissions on a monthly basis. Also, I think it died due to lack of interest. There's only 10 posts in this thread, which indicates to me there isn't much interest this time either.
Low interest or participation could be because of some things already stated like thinking it has to be massively modified to get in and pitting members against each other. Make it fun for all and the interest will come. Make it to a random members car each month with info and no voting so it will come around to active members eventually.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mom told you.
"Do or do not, there is no try."~~Yoda
Next time you are feeling perfect, try walking on water!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: