Finally after new water pump-chain reset - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Finally after new water pump-chain reset

New water pump months ago.
Immediately after a whirling sound and the gears shifting was really off.
So my mechanic then fessed up that he borrowed the tension tool required.

I lived with it until yesterday. Finally bit the bullet and went to a good but $$ dealer
and got everything torn apart and the chain reset. No damage and it finally runs
as it used to.. all this for $500.00

should have gone to the dealer originally. I was trying to save money in a city where
the dealer is the best option.

42K and they also wanted to clean the turbo.....( what we used to call a carburetor)
Not today...Nuff Spent they wanted $300....if anyone knows about this Im interested. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:07 PM

I assume you probably have followed most of the recent water pump posts and threads, so I won't go into details except to say I live in Phoenix area. My local shop gave me a quote for the WP change, but said they would not do the job. I had a lead on a GM dealer with a quote of nearly the same money. The WP and thermostat were changed by the dealer, but I came away with a whine in the engine ..... new sound that had not been there. Ultimately the whine did go away, and I THINK I'm OK. But I had a lot of images in my brain like you just fixed. The dealer said bring it back and they would listen for the whine, which admittedly was not there now. To take it back was fruitless and the service manager admitted such.

Through the forum knowledge and sharing that with the dealer, the dealer learned a lot about the thermostat change, and admitted they did NOT know such prior.

I'm glad for you that you got your Kappa back on the road and running like normal.....a great feeling!! My car's performance was never an issue.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:10 AM

Might want a moderator to move this out of the "test" forum section so others can find it.

2007 2.4L N/A. Stock + some pretty crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode