Stage 3 runs...like crap. Need help. - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By DaveOC
  • 1 Post By Sting Ya

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Stage 3 runs...like crap. Need help.

Hello. I'm looking for help since I can't seem to get any from Hahn. Here's the facts: Car fired up, sputtered a bit, then smoothed out, with a frequent misfire. AFR bounces around from mid 13's to 17. Idle got a bit better after a few minutes. First touch of the throttle and idle jumped to 2k and stayed there, and still rough. Easy test drive resulted in spark knock under half throttle acceleration. Can hear blow-off valve so that is working. Nothing exciting about performance. Can't get it into boost or it knocks and that scares me so I back off the throttle. This a Hahn stage 3 kit. Had lots of issues with the kit (incorrect parts, missing parts, kit arrived in sections weeks apart). Hahn takes several days to get back with me and then doesn't fully address my questions. Products are great. Craftsmanship outstanding. Customer service is atrocious. I'm hoping there are some willing folks here to help me get this right. Guessing dyno tune is in order. Hahn pretty much promised all is "100% safe" as is and that his tune would be all I need. With all of the issues with this order and build, I just don't trust him anymore. Asked me point blank which stage I ordered the day before he was about to ship some of the kit. He wasn't sure and had the wrong idea so I have no way of knowing if my tune is even for this kit or my car, let alone safe. Hahn has no skin in the game so if my car blows up, we all know it is always the customers fault. My mechanic friend (ASE certified over 25 years who has done numerous turbo/supercharger/racing cars) says I need to get someone to dyno tune this. Didn't budget for that. If you want to help a guy in desperate need, please ask questions and let me know your thoughts. I see Hahn has some fans on here and has done well for many folks. I'm just not one of them. My experience has been the opposite. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 10:09 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
@Robotech

Robo seems to have a line to Bill Hahn whenever situations like this occur. Customer service has been a problem for Hahn almost since moving his operation from Illinois to Florida.

No promises from me on this, but give it another couple of weeks and see if we can get something going for you.

Healix and Sting Ya like this.

1st 1K - #741
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 12:16 PM

I personally have never had an issue with Hann and have talked to Bill on a few occasions before ,during and after the installation of the kit . Did you have Hann do the tune and if so did you give him all the necessary information ? My point is there have been a few people that I have communicated with that had install problems and it seems that those were the ones who had someone else other than Hann do the tune or pieced together kits.I could not be happier with my kit and the way my car runs and have had it for a few years now .
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
I personally have never had an issue with Hann and have talked to Bill on a few occasions before ,during and after the installation of the kit . Did you have Hann do the tune and if so did you give him all the necessary information ? My point is there have been a few people that I have communicated with that had install problems and it seems that those were the ones who had someone else other than Hann do the tune or pieced together kits.I could not be happier with my kit and the way my car runs and have had it for a few years now .
We communicated a bunch before I ever purchased. He is the only one I have dealt with. Kit is totally from him, so is the tune. His excuses for not getting back to me or for the delays were things like guys in the shop are out sick, that he's had an increase in business so they are behind, that he's been stuck out in the shops, that because they recently switched to PTE there are some issues with reconciliation of kit parts and pieces, blah, blah, blah. When I have a client contact me, I get back to them as quickly as possible, same day is best. Hahn won't return messages for days and sometimes over a week. I have tried calling and leaving messages - no reply. Leave emails at his personal, business, sales, all I can find for him and what he requested - nothing. FB messaging - long delays. This project has really thrown my world into a bit of a tailspin. I just can't fathom leaving a paying customer hanging like this. It has happened repeatedly throughout the process. My wife and friends all think I have made a terrible mistake. Just doesn't make sense to me. I just want some help getting this thing running right so I never have to deal with Hahn again. I get that you had a great experience with him. Wish that was the case with me.
At this point I am at a total loss as to what to do. It is his kit, his tune so I expect him to back it up and help me get it right. Thank you for your insight.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
@Robotech

Robo seems to have a line to Bill Hahn whenever situations like this occur. Customer service has been a problem for Hahn almost since moving his operation from Illinois to Florida.

No promises from me on this, but give it another couple of weeks and see if we can get something going for you.

Thanks DaveOC. Wish I had the same line as Robo. I'm not taking it personally, but boy it sure feels like it. I've been giving it another couple of weeks for a couple of months now. Sucked all the fun and excitement out of the project. Fully regret my decision but I'm stuck with it and can't afford to do something different plus too many little permanent mods to turn back. Guess I expected too much. My mechanic friend says they see this all the time - the promise of a kit you can just put on and all will be well. Thank GOD I didn't take it to a professional shop to do the install. I just think my kit got screwed up in his inventory or something. Things just didn't line up right but we made do with what we got. And I'm still out $800 bucks for some Speedboost kit I thought I needed for stage 3 according to his site and our conversations before purchase. He says that is on back order and that I don't need it for stage 3. Contradictions! I don't know what to believe. Sorry for ranting, but this has been nothing short of a nightmare with no end in sight. Thank you for your response. At least I know someone out there cares.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 01:54 PM

Really sorry to hear about your issues especially since all your components and tune was from Bill I know somewhere in all my paperwork I have the number to his office can't promise anything but I'll look for it and if I find it will get back to you .
Healix likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Sting Ya. When I've called his place of business in the past, only got voicemail. Figured that was a waste of time. If you have a different number not listed on his website, I will gladly welcome that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode