Pontiac Solstice Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Plug & Play Install! - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 164

Why Do Yellow LEDs Look Green? | Yellow LED Fog Lights from Diode Dynamics


Diode Dynamics is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Would like to see an image of what your trunk light looks like installed in the trunk of a solstice. I presently have your backup, license plate, side marker, and rear parking/turn signal bulbs. I would suggest removing the amber rear turn lights for the Solstice from your site, as the car uses dual filament bulbs for front and rear park/turn. Thus, only the red rear bulbs are possible.

Just put the bulbs in, but seem quite high quality. Question, do the backup light bulbs include capacitors? They glow at a very low level for awhile (maybe 5 minutes) after the car is turned off. Haven't yet checked to determine if this is from low current remaining in the wiring for awhile or due to capacitors or equivalent storage capacity in the bulbs.

Thanks!
test156 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by test156 View Post
Would like to see an image of what your trunk light looks like installed in the trunk of a solstice. I presently have your backup, license plate, side marker, and rear parking/turn signal bulbs. I would suggest removing the amber rear turn lights for the Solstice from your site, as the car uses dual filament bulbs for front and rear park/turn. Thus, only the red rear bulbs are possible.

Just put the bulbs in, but seem quite high quality. Question, do the backup light bulbs include capacitors? They glow at a very low level for awhile (maybe 5 minutes) after the car is turned off. Haven't yet checked to determine if this is from low current remaining in the wiring for awhile or due to capacitors or equivalent storage capacity in the bulbs.

Thanks!
We are still looking for a Solstice here in St. Louis to bring in for comparison photos & installation videos, but here's an example with our 194-direct bulb replacements in a trunk location:



This particular application has just one bulb in the trunk.

The backup LEDs do not include capacitors or resistors, and while it's possible some applications may stay extremely dimly lit due to resting current, it's on a vehicle by vehicle basis. It's not going to create any issues, drain the battery, etc, but if you add a small resistor it will take care of that.

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 164

Diode Dynamics SLF Fog Light LEDs


Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Member
 
WintR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florissant, MO
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We are still looking for a Solstice here in St. Louis to bring in for comparison photos & installation videos, but here's an example with our 194-direct bulb replacements in a trunk location:
Nick C.
I live just about 5 miles from your offices; if you send a PM, we can set up a meeting, so you can check out the Solstice. I have a few of your lamps in it already, and in other vehicles, including the backup lights. I have not noticed any afterglow with them, but I really wasn't looking, either.
Diode Dynamics likes this.

Deep, steel/sand, loaded except standard radio and no smoker's; #08974
Mods: Kappasphere CAI, Clear Image Shorty Header, second horn, visor decals, mudflaps, tonneau cover, brake light flasher, trailer hitch, 'lil Chromies, trunk monkey, retune, DDMWorks backbone, GMPP Suspension, wood grain dash, Solo Quiet cat-back exhaust, deleted:Solo high-flow cat
WintR is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by WintR View Post
I live just about 5 miles from your offices; if you send a PM, we can set up a meeting, so you can check out the Solstice. I have a few of your lamps in it already, and in other vehicles, including the backup lights. I have not noticed any afterglow with them, but I really wasn't looking, either.
You're very close to us here!

Shoot an email over to: [email protected] and our team will work with you to setup a date.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Hopefully you guys can get together and come up with some additional solutions.
All the best!
Diode Dynamics likes this.
test156 is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 164

Behind the LEDs: Trevor Dobbins


Diode Dynamics is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Member
 
RedOne07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,059
Thanks. Made a note of that.
Diode Dynamics likes this.
RedOne07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome