Pontiac Solstice License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play Install! Same day Shipping! - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Pontiac Solstice License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play Install! Same day Shipping!

Pontiac Solstice License Plate LEDs

License plate bulbs are used to illuminate the rear license plate on your Solstice. From the factory, the bulbs are incandescent, lighting up in a yellowish color.

Newer luxury cars use LED modules to illuminate the license plate with modern, cool white light. By changing your license plate bulbs to Diode Dynamics' LED replacements, you can easily add this luxury look to your Pontiac Solstice!

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your factory bulb.

With low price and easy install, this is one of the best, easiest modifications you can do to improve how your Solstice looks at night.

Diode Dynamics offers several bulb options so you can choose what fits your needs best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

Brightness:

SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs. (24 lumens)
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright! (56 lumens)
HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs! (92 lumens)

Bulb Design:

SMD2: Similarly compact design, with two 5050-size Epistar SMD chips, driven at high power for maximum effective brightness. Outputs at 180 degrees.

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Pontiac Solstice).

Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics: 2006-2009 Solstice License Plate LEDs

194 LED Bulb Models

Diode Dynamics: 2006-2009 Solstice License Plate LEDs

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or Email cont[email protected]

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 12-21-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 01:47 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Hmmm LEDs that have not yet found their way onto Punisher. Very interesting.
Windrestrictor! likes this.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
Hmmm LEDs that have not yet found their way onto Punisher. Very interesting.
The HP3's are our newest 194-sized bulb

A simple upgrade, but a big result!

Nick C.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 02:30 PM

Garage
These guys know their stuff, Rob.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaSolstice View Post
These guys know their stuff, Rob.
Thanks!

Nick C.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 10:34 PM

Yeah Rob. Met Nick at a local car meet. Real deal.

SoloDio
2008 Brazen Orange GXP
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 04:52 PM

These are pretty cool. I see you have HID kits for the Solstice...I'm pretty sure the Sky lights are different enough that they won't work with our Sky's. Wish that wasn't the case.

07 Saturn Sky 2.4
Midnight Blue
MagnaFlow dual outlet exhaust
GMPP CAI

Info above for both my Skys. One owned from 06-07, one from 14 to present
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
These are pretty cool. I see you have HID kits for the Solstice...I'm pretty sure the Sky lights are different enough that they won't work with our Sky's. Wish that wasn't the case.
We have products available to replace nearly every standard bulb offered today, especially for domestic vehicles

If you send an email to: [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

We can definitely help you with replacement lighting for your Sky

I imagine the Solstice and Sky share pretty much all of the same lighting. The license plate lights are probably the same as most vehicles use a 194 bulb (few small exceptions)

Nick C.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:21 PM

I know that when tweaking / dressing up / tuning your car the most important thing is that the owner likes it and one should never ask "why". if it makes him happy that is good enough reason.

Well, I will still ask the question.. . . why . . . . . would you want your license plate to be better visible ?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
I know that when tweaking / dressing up / tuning your car the most important thing is that the owner likes it and one should never ask "why". if it makes him happy that is good enough reason.

Well, I will still ask the question.. . . why . . . . . would you want your license plate to be better visible ?
The factory license plate lights are a dull, boring incandescent yellow. Replacing them with cool white LEDs provides a much cleaner and modern appearance.

We offer a variety of bulb models with different levels of output, so you can pick the level of output you prefer.

If you aren't doing anything illegal in your car, you won't have to worry about your license plate's visibility anyway lol.

Nick C.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:12 PM

I see you have the information here in this particular post, but I think it would also be helpful if your website listed how many lumens the OEM style incandescent bulbs are so you can easily compare your LED light output to what you have now in the stock bulb. I didn't see it anyway, maybe I missed it. Just a suggestion. Thanks for supporting our cars.

Vin
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/Triangle2Seaters
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Triangle2Seaters

2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive

1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Metallic
2014 Dodge Durango R/T, Red Pearlcoat

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac 1926 - 2010
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroVin View Post
I see you have the information here in this particular post, but I think it would also be helpful if your website listed how many lumens the OEM style incandescent bulbs are so you can easily compare your LED light output to what you have now in the stock bulb. I didn't see it anyway, maybe I missed it. Just a suggestion. Thanks for supporting our cars.
We are in the process of a major update to our site. Our development team has been working hard to compile detailed technical specifications for every bulb model we offer, and we will be adding more stock lumen output measurements.

It's difficult to provide real-world information for incandescent bulbs, because they will gradually lose output over time as the filament is worn away.

Osram-Sylvania was recently hit with a $30 million lawsuit for misleading customers by saying their products were x% brighter than the factory bulbs without explaining that the factory bulbs must be used over a significant period of time.

Anywho (lol), we are planning on having a Solstice in our studio at some point in the near future for product comparison shots and development.

In the meantime, feel free to contact us if you have any questions about fitment or lighting in general

Thanks!
Nick C.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing... I'd rather my license plate be harder to read, personally (no offense to DD as it looks like a very nice product)

2007 SLY w/ Ebony Leather & Top
Power | Convenience | Polished w/ Polished Caps | LSD | ABS | A/C | 6-Disc w/ MP3 | Monsoon | XM
GMPP CAI | GMPP Cat-Back Performance Exhaust | Kappashield | 2.55" Stubby | Kappapouch | GXP Alum Sill Plates | GM All Weather Mats & Splash Guards

My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso. ~Pablo Picasso
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

We have a variety of bulb models depending on how much light output you are looking for.

Having a visible plate gives LEO one less reason to pull you over FWIW

Nick C.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Thanks !

Thank you!
Nick C.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: