Bugs from Update - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
Where is the Recent Posts link? This saves time from searching through the New Posts link for responses to posts we make.
It's the first item under Active Topics up above on the bar. I think that's the one you want.

1st 1K - #741
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimmyMood
There is more real estate for ads than than content, is that a bug? <sigh>

I miss when this stuff was on Usenet. I know you have bills to pay, most other forums make due without this much of a barrage of advertisement.

Ack! nooo, not Intellitext!!!!

#4796: Mysterious, Power, Convenience, LSD, Polished Aluminium.
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 PM

AutoGuide, the owners of this forum appear to be implementing these changes across ALL of the forums that they own. Check a few of the more popular forums at the bottom of the page including the Ferrari forum and you will find Nadeem's post announcing the upgrades at the top of the page.

We shouldn't shoot the messenger as the administrator and moderators here appear to be just taking orders from the head office. These changes appear to be simply a means to an end and doesn't appear to be an attempt to increase usability for the user.

If the ads are that much of an irritant to you, use an ad blocker or find a forum that isn't owned and operated by a big corporate entity. There are a few around.

I have been here too long to just leave because of a few ads. There are ways around them and I have made way too many friends here.

Just my

WooHoo!!! Ordered a loaded Deep GXP on March 19th, 2008. Order number 0814D93708
Event code 3400 on April 12, 2008
Born April 30, 2008
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Bob View Post
AutoGuide, the owners of this forum appear to be implementing these changes across ALL of the forums that they own. Check a few of the more popular forums at the bottom of the page including the Ferrari forum and you will find Nadeem's post announcing the upgrades at the top of the page.

We shouldn't shoot the messenger as the administrator and moderators here appear to be just taking orders from the head office. These changes appear to be simply a means to an end and doesn't appear to be an attempt to increase usability for the user.

If the ads are that much of an irritant to you, use an ad blocker or find a forum that isn't owned and operated by a big corporate entity. There are a few around.

I have been here too long to just leave because of a few ads. There are ways around them and I have made way too many friends here.

Just my
Members: 18,295
Threads: 43,845

Just to point something out for all ...

When I first registered here three years ago there were 1/3 the members. That is how much this forum has grown in in just 3 years ... nearly 5,000 members a year. You guys take up a lot of space!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMood View Post
There is more real estate for ads than than content, is that a bug? <sigh>

I miss when this stuff was on Usenet. I know you have bills to pay, most other forums make due without this much of a barrage of advertisement.

Ack! nooo, not Intellitext!!!!
I was able to turn off intellitext when I was poking around in the User CP last night. IIRC, it was under profile and it was before I coughed up the 40 bucks for lifetime supporting status to get rid of the bar to the left. HTH!

All the leaves are brown and the Sky is that wine color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pep View Post
I think I look rather sexy!!!!
Are you an organ donor?
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 PM

GO TO LAST POST is not working. This feature would take you to the last post before, but now, it takes you to the first page.

I like the new feature of attaching videos and the new colors! Sponsor advertising doesn't bother me.

My worth.

2007 GXP, 13.3 [email protected] MPH, Auto, Loaded.

Mods: Solo Hi-Flow Cat & Mach Shorty, GMPP Tune, T-Bolt Clamps, DDM Race Backbone Brace, TSW Interlagos Wheels, 245mm F, 275mm R, H&R Sport springs lowering kit, RKSport ram air hood, Cobalt Spoiler, Dual horns, Illuminated Windrestrictor, Red calipers, Night Raider 3rd brake light, Window tint, Wood grain dash kit, Fuse box cover, Reversing detectors, HID headlights, Stainless Steel grill, Front mud guards, DDM twin cup holder centre console.
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 PM

In the 'Which car is this' thread, the first post has a huge pic in it, so it's a lot wider than most. All of the replies below it are now really wide too.

This happened before on one of the forums after an update and was fixed so that only the one huge post would require scrolling and the rest would load normal width. Hope you can fix it this time!

Quote:
Are you an organ donor?
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 08:00 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
In the 'Which car is this' thread, the first post has a huge pic in it, so it's a lot wider than most. All of the replies below it are now really wide too.
There are settings in your profile that will fix this little problem.

1st 1K - #741
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:

This happened before on one of the forums after an update and was fixed so that only the one huge post would require scrolling and the rest would load normal width. Hope you can fix it this time!
This was fixed .. I thought.

User CP >>> edit options>>> Images in Post >> Default

This is how mine is set and I have no problems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setting for pic default.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	14492  

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:

I went to the thread 'Which car is this' after seeing your post and I had no problems with it on a lap top computer. All subsequent posts looked OK and photo size in the first post appeared to fit nicely in the screen.

2007 GXP, 13.3 [email protected] MPH, Auto, Loaded.

Mods: Solo Hi-Flow Cat & Mach Shorty, GMPP Tune, T-Bolt Clamps, DDM Race Backbone Brace, TSW Interlagos Wheels, 245mm F, 275mm R, H&R Sport springs lowering kit, RKSport ram air hood, Cobalt Spoiler, Dual horns, Illuminated Windrestrictor, Red calipers, Night Raider 3rd brake light, Window tint, Wood grain dash kit, Fuse box cover, Reversing detectors, HID headlights, Stainless Steel grill, Front mud guards, DDM twin cup holder centre console.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolWhat? View Post
There are settings in your profile that will fix this little problem.
Not really. There are settings that will resize the pic if it's too big, but that's not what I mean.

I'd rather see them as the poster intended even if that involves a little scrolling. Kinda like this, but ideally the pics will be a bit more interesting:

Quote:
Are you an organ donor?
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM

It was at SkyRoadster. When I selected the option to view original size, it worked like my beautiful MS Paint creation above.

What Did the New Owners Do? - Saturn Sky Forum

Quote:
Are you an organ donor?
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Not really. There are settings that will resize the pic if it's too big, but that's not what I mean.

I'd rather see them as the poster intended even if that involves a little scrolling. Kinda like this, but ideally the pics will be a bit more interesting:
Now I understand what you want, but as long as there is a vertical scroll bar on the right side of the "page" you cannot have what you want, as the scroll bar cannot be made to step out sideways around your very large pic and then step back in to the rest of the text.

Browser pages are always rectangular, by definition.

1st 1K - #741
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:34 PM

OK I am a supporting member have been since 2005, I HATE the changes it is very obvious that running ads is more important than a good user interface. I work in IT and it certainly seems you have lost site of the first rule. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. I am glad there alternatives to this site as you will never get another dime from me, you shouldn't need it with all the ADS!

Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolWhat? View Post
Now I understand what you want, but as long as there is a vertical scroll bar on the right side of the "page" you cannot have what you want, as the scroll bar cannot be made to step out sideways around your very large pic and then step back in to the rest of the text.

Browser pages are always rectangular, by definition.
If I hadn't seen it done before, I would believe you. I'll try to find an example tomorrow.

Quote:
Are you an organ donor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode