Bugs from Update - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
It was at SkyRoadster. When I selected the option to view original size, it worked like my beautiful MS Paint creation above.

What Did the New Owners Do? - Saturn Sky Forum
And it works here. Click on the top bar in a resized pic and it will be seen in its original size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil goat View Post
OK I am a supporting member have been since 2005, I HATE the changes it is very obvious that running ads is more important than a good user interface. I work in IT and it certainly seems you have lost site of the first rule. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. I am glad there alternatives to this site as you will never get another dime from me, you shouldn't need it with all the ADS!
The ads were here before. Google ads used to run at the bottom where the corporate links are. Now they are a separate banner at the top, larger even than the sponsors' banners. My first guess Google pays more than all the other sponsors combined. And no, we do not as members have the ability to individually turn off the google ads, the corporate links, or even the sponsor banners at the top. All we can do is turn off intelllxt and lefthand ads.

When more than one friend wants to ride shotgun

Pontiac 1926-2010
"We hardly knew 'ya"

Confusion say: "If it ain't broke...give government a crack at it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
If I hadn't seen it done before, I would believe you. I'll try to find an example tomorrow.
Don't bother finding an example, I just thought of a way to accomplish what would appear to be what you are describing, the overall page would be rectangular, but the text boxes would be constrained so as not to expand to the full width of the large picture. The scroll bar on the right would still be way out there on the right border of the large picture, text boxes left aligned and constrained on width. As long as your on-screen display area is wider than the constrained width of the text boxes, it would appear to the viewer as you described.

With that over-long description, I am not familiar enough with the forum software to know if it is able to constrain the width of the text.

1st 1K - #741
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolWhat? View Post
Don't bother finding an example, I just thought of a way to accomplish what would appear to be what you are describing, the overall page would be rectangular, but the text boxes would be constrained so as not to expand to the full width of the large picture. The scroll bar on the right would still be way out there on the right border of the large picture, text boxes left aligned and constrained on width. As long as your on-screen display area is wider than the constrained width of the text boxes, it would appear to the viewer as you described.

With that over-long description, I am not familiar enough with the forum software to know if it is able to constrain the width of the text.
Maybe in new IE8, I downloaded on another 'puter and will look, but if you shrink your browser in other IE versions the text does not conform. That's one of teh things that makes browsing on phones and pdas rough.

When more than one friend wants to ride shotgun

Pontiac 1926-2010
"We hardly knew 'ya"

Confusion say: "If it ain't broke...give government a crack at it."
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by achieftain View Post
Maybe in new IE8, I downloaded on another 'puter and will look, but if you shrink your browser in other IE versions the text does not conform. That's one of teh things that makes browsing on phones and pdas rough.
HI there Mr. Chief,

I can shrink the width of this thread to 937 pixels in Firefox 3 and about 980 pixels or so in IE7 before the text boxes quit shrinking too. The constraint on the shrinking text boxes, at least in this thread appears to be the 640 pixel width of the graphics displayed within the messages, either that or the 2nd (Google AdSense) banner above.

Nope, nailed it. It's the blue menu bar that starts " Home Forum Gallery . . . "

Edit: Nope not the menu bar, as it'll shrink down more in other threads, and it's not the width of the pictures, as they shrink down a bit more in other threads, too . . . :confusion sets in:

Edit 2: The maximum shrinkage appears to be when you turn off Avatars, Signatures, and pictures, all of this is in the FWIW category, and I'm not going to mess around with it any more.

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 01-30-2009 at 02:05 PM.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolWhat? View Post

Right on. That's what someone figured out how to do before, but it was lost in the upgrades. Clicking on the bar to expand stuff got old real fast when I had my settings that way since I was expanding everything.

All the leaves are brown and the Sky is that wine color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pep View Post
I think I look rather sexy!!!!
Are you an organ donor?
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Bugs!

I don't know if this is a BUG or part of the NEW and IMPROVED forums!

But I noticed on several of the threads and post that I have made on this and the Skyroadster forum, now contain imbedded links to companies that have nothing to do with my post. Its irritating to see a word as simple as CAR end up with a hyperlink to some insurance company.

Happy Trails To You Until We Meet Again!
2009 Solstice GXP-Pure-Automatic - 2006 Adventure Sports Products SST-Sol Trailer
Previous Solstice: 2006 N/A Pure, Automatic
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefang View Post
I don't know if this is a BUG or part of the NEW and IMPROVED forums!

But I noticed on several of the threads and post that I have made on this and the Skyroadster forum, now contain imbedded links to companies that have nothing to do with my post. Its irritating to see a word as simple as CAR end up with a hyperlink to some insurance company.

That is the intelliTXT advertising and as a member you can turn that off. Go to user CP >>> Edit Profile >>>IntelliTXT Ads>> Disable

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode