Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /forum/vbseo.php on this server. - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 08:20 AM

Question(s)...

I see we are now "on it" for concerns about the cloud transfer. Did I miss an announcement this was going to happen or did it just happen?

As a user does not own the "cloud" computer, is there a contract for the service? What happens when it crashes, loses your documents, images, files, programs, (all your data you've parked there, I reckon...), goes out of business or wants to charge big fee increases (thinking Photobucket here), limits your and others access to "your" material?

Just wondering...I've personally achieved materials from the forums over the years and was really glad I had when the impalassforum crashed. Shortly thereafter the keeper of the data decided he did not want to mess with it anymore. On this forum, I'd really like a "book" of TS' posts, with his instructional photos and copy. I can see Rob's 3K+ going away. Convince me it's better, please. Show me how to go back to day one on the forum with the photos restored. I know we can search backward and understand the photos being absent as they were not part of the forum platform, hosted elsewhere.

Reminds me of when they threw the Reference Section at the library in the dumpster. We could harvest some first editions, digging through the "trash", but it's hard to data mine vapor.

Oh well, this too shall change, hopefully for the better. Meanwhile a good teaching experience.

Richard Snipes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 08:40 AM
Administrator

The tech team is aware of this issue and working on resolution currently.

I am closing this tread.....please post any different issues on this this thread
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...1/#post2146585

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode