Pontiac Solstice Forum

Pontiac Solstice Forum (https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/)
-   Solstice Forum Site Issue Forum (https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f18/)
-   -   Forum roundtable (https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f18/forum-roundtable-22303/)

druid-2 09-13-2006 06:00 AM

Forum roundtable

OK I'm going to start this and i'm going to ask 2 things

first......posters.........keep it clean and cool...no flaming...nothing personal

second Mod team - let the people speak their piece - delete only the profane and personal.

Bruce Wayne will be proud of me ;)

Question is ......If you had a choice..........what would you change on this forum to make it better. keep it concise and intelligent

L3M1315 09-13-2006 07:05 AM

I would add new sections for various modifications. An engine/performance section (cat-backs, chips, turbos, etc.), an ICE section (or whatever you want to name the In Car Entertainment), wheels & tires, interior modifications (door unlock buttons, new seats, painted dashboards, etc.), and exterior modifications (vertical lift doors, body kits, paint, vinyl, etc.).

And I would love to see articles/threads in those sections. That's why I'm a member on this site is so that I can learn (and hopefully share) a few things.
I've been getting depressed about learning very little and seeing no news on the GXPs (not like anyone can help that). It feels like this site is filled with middle-aged folks who love to drive the car. I want more folks to share the uniqueness of their car; I want ideas, pictures, how-tos...I can put my foot on the gas pedal the same as everyone else on this forum, but I don't want to just drive the car.

I do like that there's sections for general tech, autocross, supporting vendors, for sale, and regional posts. It's a great start, now let's add to it so more of us can learn from it. Otherwise we're just going to repeat threads for years: "I love how this car feels/handles/accelerates/looks ... I know ... me too ... hooray ... party ... still waiting ... $30,000?! ... "

SolsticeMan 09-13-2006 07:15 AM

D-2 - do you mind if I move this to the site help forum? Due to the volume of posting, I frequently have to mark the OT forum read so I can get closer to the real meat...

druid-2 09-13-2006 07:28 AM

sticky it...do whatever...just make it visible !!! on a permanent basis

zzzybil 09-13-2006 07:51 AM

Search

IMPROVE search......add a help ....or index ....something ??

MOD section - with pics and how to diy sounds good (all in same place)

PART# section all in one place

i love the middleage happy drivers ( i am one ) seems once in a while visitors get the impression there's nothing but problems so it keeps a balance

the forum is great- a wealth of info - anything to index some of the good stuff so you can find it AGAIN readily .......would be wonderful - especially as we grow and the gxp discussions / mods amp up !!!

THATS IT search and index period.....

hahaha ok a point system for the mods - :thumbs: & :banghead: and let them post their scores once a month........:lol:

SolsticeMan 09-13-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzzybil (Post 354995)
IMPROVE search......add a help ....or index ....something ??

MOD section - with pics and how to diy sounds good (all in same place)

PART# section all in one place

i love the middleage happy drivers ( i am one ) seems once in a while visitors get the impression there's nothing but problems so it keeps a balance

the forum is great- a wealth of info - anything to index some of the good stuff so you can find it AGAIN readily .......would be wonderful - especially as we grow and the gxp discussions / mods amp up !!!

THATS IT search and index period.....

hahaha ok a point system for the mods - :thumbs: & :banghead: and let them post their scores once a month........:lol:

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21199

a general request for help went out for stuff like this.

There is a site index (see link in my signature) and lots of info in the FAQ. Site Index is always needing help.

firedup 09-13-2006 07:59 AM

Druids-2 Avatar :lol: Just kidding!!

No I'd like to see the Parts sections (part #'s) in a more concise space with the ability to mention non-supporting vendors.

I'd also like to see members post without the mods chiming in about how thats already been covered. Yes, give them the link but don't chastise them for making the post!!

SolsticeMan 09-13-2006 08:01 AM

I agree, the search sucks wind. I have found that if you use google, put in what you are searching for, and add this to the end of your search words:

site:www.solsticeforum.com

so in the box you would see

GXP Reviews site:www.solsticeforum.com

It works very well.

SolsticeMan 09-13-2006 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedup (Post 355004)
Druids-2 Avatar :lol: Just kidding!!

No I'd like to see the Parts sections (part #'s) in a more concise space with the ability to mention non-supporting vendors.

I'd also like to see members post without the mods chiming in about how thats already been covered. Yes, give them the link but don't chastise them for making the post!!

No probs if directed at me, I was trying just to answer the question, and didn't think I was chastising.... :lol: ;)

achieftain 09-13-2006 08:09 AM

a multi-tiered supporting vendor setup, that would allow the creation of a directory of products, maybe even a dealer directory (example in my head - mention/free, link/small one-time fee, full advertising and product introduction/where we are now)

druid-2 09-13-2006 08:15 AM

I'd like to HAVE BACK...the ability to PM more than one person at a time...without paying a " fee"

as a run co-ordinator i often have to send the same PM 5 separate times...
WOFT in my mind

druid-2 09-13-2006 09:32 AM

I have another one....
and after carefully selecting the synonym.......

one of the most annoying things to me...that maybe could be handled via a programming change or via moderation is

I'm tired of seeing "POST PIGS" {plural} (use your own word) who feel the need to post to every thread all the time...even if it is just an emoticon.

how can that be controlled?

Bk-In-Blk 09-13-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedup (Post 355004)

:agree:

Fformula88 09-13-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by druid-2 (Post 355082)
I have another one....
and after carefully selecting the synonym.......

one of the most annoying things to me...that maybe could be handled via a programming change or via moderation is

I'm tired of seeing "POST PIGS" {plural} (use your own word) who feel the need to post to every thread all the time...even if it is just an emoticon.

how can that be controlled?

Post Pigs is a very difficult thing to control. The only real way is through moderation. People can be warned, posts can be deleted, etc. We have tried that in the past, but what ends up happening is that the mod team begins to appear to be overmoderating. Cries of overmodderating start coming in, feelings get hurt from the deleted posts, etc. Instead of this, we have more recently removed post counts, and most recently removed posts in certain sections from people’s post counts. Those actions are to try and contain the post races people get into to just boos their post count, which is where a lot of those free posts come from. The worst offenders can sometimes be brought in line, but it is not easy.

The best solution is for people on an individual basis to place those users on their “ignore” lists. That way, you would not see any of the posts from those users. The downside, if they have a valuable post you would miss that too.

If you or anyone can think of another good angle that can be tried, or a wrinkle to what we have already tried, we would certainly give it a shot!

dylan01 09-13-2006 09:59 AM

I do not agree with this:
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/i...memorial-1.gif

I think it should be Canada too, not just the states.

(voicing my opinion)
Dylan