Forum roundtable - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
Forum roundtable

OK I'm going to start this and i'm going to ask 2 things

first......posters.........keep it clean and cool...no flaming...nothing personal

second Mod team - let the people speak their piece - delete only the profane and personal.

Bruce Wayne will be proud of me

Question is ......If you had a choice..........what would you change on this forum to make it better. keep it concise and intelligent

NEOKAPPA's

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old !

Druid (Cool) MERLIN came home 11-15-05 VIN 4495
Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 AM

I would add new sections for various modifications. An engine/performance section (cat-backs, chips, turbos, etc.), an ICE section (or whatever you want to name the In Car Entertainment), wheels & tires, interior modifications (door unlock buttons, new seats, painted dashboards, etc.), and exterior modifications (vertical lift doors, body kits, paint, vinyl, etc.).

And I would love to see articles/threads in those sections. That's why I'm a member on this site is so that I can learn (and hopefully share) a few things.
I've been getting depressed about learning very little and seeing no news on the GXPs (not like anyone can help that). It feels like this site is filled with middle-aged folks who love to drive the car. I want more folks to share the uniqueness of their car; I want ideas, pictures, how-tos...I can put my foot on the gas pedal the same as everyone else on this forum, but I don't want to just drive the car.

I do like that there's sections for general tech, autocross, supporting vendors, for sale, and regional posts. It's a great start, now let's add to it so more of us can learn from it. Otherwise we're just going to repeat threads for years: "I love how this car feels/handles/accelerates/looks ... I know ... me too ... hooray ... party ... still waiting ... $30,000?! ... "

#7981 (Arrived at dealer 11/30, pick up from dealer 12/7): Solstice GXP, manual, aggressive, darkside, ebony leather w/ red stitching, headliner, A/C, prefered package, premium package, and convenience package.
Just installed: 2-subwoofer full stereo system. Still waiting on pics.
Coming next: probably nothing unless my wife wants to get my a new exhaust (yeah right).
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Administrator

D-2 - do you mind if I move this to the site help forum? Due to the volume of posting, I frequently have to mark the OT forum read so I can get closer to the real meat...
post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
sticky it...do whatever...just make it visible !!! on a permanent basis

NEOKAPPA's

Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to zzzybil
Search

IMPROVE search......add a help ....or index ....something ??

MOD section - with pics and how to diy sounds good (all in same place)

PART# section all in one place

i love the middleage happy drivers ( i am one ) seems once in a while visitors get the impression there's nothing but problems so it keeps a balance

the forum is great- a wealth of info - anything to index some of the good stuff so you can find it AGAIN readily .......would be wonderful - especially as we grow and the gxp discussions / mods amp up !!!

THATS IT search and index period.....

hahaha ok a point system for the mods - & and let them post their scores once a month........
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzybil View Post
IMPROVE search......add a help ....or index ....something ??

MOD section - with pics and how to diy sounds good (all in same place)

PART# section all in one place

i love the middleage happy drivers ( i am one ) seems once in a while visitors get the impression there's nothing but problems so it keeps a balance

the forum is great- a wealth of info - anything to index some of the good stuff so you can find it AGAIN readily .......would be wonderful - especially as we grow and the gxp discussions / mods amp up !!!

THATS IT search and index period.....

hahaha ok a point system for the mods - & and let them post their scores once a month........
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21199

a general request for help went out for stuff like this.

There is a site index (see link in my signature) and lots of info in the FAQ. Site Index is always needing help.
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 AM

Druids-2 Avatar Just kidding!!

No I'd like to see the Parts sections (part #'s) in a more concise space with the ability to mention non-supporting vendors.

I'd also like to see members post without the mods chiming in about how thats already been covered. Yes, give them the link but don't chastise them for making the post!!

COOL MAGGIE. 2006 Polished wheels. Steel /Sand. #3458 Premium, Power, and Convenience. Monsoon.
Her Name is Maggie. Her personalized plates are MAGNIFY
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Administrator

I agree, the search sucks wind. I have found that if you use google, put in what you are searching for, and add this to the end of your search words:

site:www.solsticeforum.com

so in the box you would see

GXP Reviews site:www.solsticeforum.com

It works very well.
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedup View Post
Druids-2 Avatar Just kidding!!

No I'd like to see the Parts sections (part #'s) in a more concise space with the ability to mention non-supporting vendors.

I'd also like to see members post without the mods chiming in about how thats already been covered. Yes, give them the link but don't chastise them for making the post!!
No probs if directed at me, I was trying just to answer the question, and didn't think I was chastising....
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:09 AM

a multi-tiered supporting vendor setup, that would allow the creation of a directory of products, maybe even a dealer directory (example in my head - mention/free, link/small one-time fee, full advertising and product introduction/where we are now)

When more than one friend wants to ride shotgun

Pontiac 1926-2010
"We hardly knew 'ya"

Confusion say: "If it ain't broke...give government a crack at it."
post #11 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

I'd like to HAVE BACK...the ability to PM more than one person at a time...without paying a " fee"

as a run co-ordinator i often have to send the same PM 5 separate times...
WOFT in my mind

NEOKAPPA's

post #12 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

I have another one....
and after carefully selecting the synonym.......

one of the most annoying things to me...that maybe could be handled via a programming change or via moderation is

I'm tired of seeing "POST PIGS" {plural} (use your own word) who feel the need to post to every thread all the time...even if it is just an emoticon.

how can that be controlled?

NEOKAPPA's

post #13 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedup View Post

I used to say:
My heart belongs to: "Reggie the Mysterious Sol", VIN - 112476, Delivered on 4/28/06, Just rolled 7,000 miles.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...eandReggie.jpg http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...dragonsrun.jpg
But, a biker on the Dragon Run decided he liked my side of the road better than his :-(
post #14 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid-2 View Post
I have another one....
and after carefully selecting the synonym.......

one of the most annoying things to me...that maybe could be handled via a programming change or via moderation is

I'm tired of seeing "POST PIGS" {plural} (use your own word) who feel the need to post to every thread all the time...even if it is just an emoticon.

how can that be controlled?
Post Pigs is a very difficult thing to control. The only real way is through moderation. People can be warned, posts can be deleted, etc. We have tried that in the past, but what ends up happening is that the mod team begins to appear to be overmoderating. Cries of overmodderating start coming in, feelings get hurt from the deleted posts, etc. Instead of this, we have more recently removed post counts, and most recently removed posts in certain sections from people’s post counts. Those actions are to try and contain the post races people get into to just boos their post count, which is where a lot of those free posts come from. The worst offenders can sometimes be brought in line, but it is not easy.

The best solution is for people on an individual basis to place those users on their “ignore” lists. That way, you would not see any of the posts from those users. The downside, if they have a valuable post you would miss that too.

If you or anyone can think of another good angle that can be tried, or a wrinkle to what we have already tried, we would certainly give it a shot!

Solstice and Sky Fan

Retired Solstice Forum Super Moderator (Apr 2005-July 2009)
post #15 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Founding Member

I do not agree with this:

I think it should be Canada too, not just the states.

(voicing my opinion)
Dylan

2006 Pontiac Solstice
VIN 1,715
4,500mi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode